RamCAN is offline Registered User

Vikings waived QB Gus Frerotte.

Rotoworld
    The writing was on the wall once Sage Rosenfels was acquired. Frerotte was due a $250,000 bonus in addition to his $2 million contract, and he wasn't going to be given a chance to start. Frerotte has talked about spending more time with his family, so he may retire unless the hometown Rams show interest in him as a backup.

~ Would solve an immediate problem and would probably come pretty cheap to move back home.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Vikings waived QB Gus Frerotte.

Quote Originally Posted by RamCAN View Post
    Rotoworld
    The writing was on the wall once Sage Rosenfels was acquired. Frerotte was due a $250,000 bonus in addition to his $2 million contract, and he wasn't going to be given a chance to start. Frerotte has talked about spending more time with his family, so he may retire unless the hometown Rams show interest in him as a backup.

~ Would solve an immediate problem and would probably come pretty cheap to move back home.
    Been there done that.

Pass

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Please please please no Frerotte.

THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

yeah im done with geezer back up qbs.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I still have nightmares of him missing a wide open Isaac Bruce 5 yards in front of him to beat the Seahawks. No way, no how. PASS.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Any quarterback in the NFL is possibly one hit away from ending their season. A backup can't just be a bench warmer. I love the Rams but it would be hard for me to get pumped up for a game that had Freotte listed as a starter.

Garcia yes.
    Leftwich yes.
    Orlovsky yes.
    Frerotte no.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    I still have nightmares of him missing a wide open Isaac Bruce 5 yards in front of him to beat the Seahawks. No way, no how. PASS.
    Mine is him fumbling the snap on 4th down and 1 on that drive, but yeah...no need for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Any quarterback in the NFL is possibly one hit away from ending their season. A backup can't just be a bench warmer. I love the Rams but it would be hard for me to get pumped up for a game that had Freotte listed as a starter.

Garcia yes.
    Leftwich yes.
    Orlovsky yes.
    Frerotte no.
    Mr. "I accidentally gave up a safety running out of the Endzone?" No thanks to him either.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

NO!! that seahwaks game haunts me still. I'm a big fan of Garcia, mainly because of how much of a CFL fan i am and watch. That is where is started his career, playing for my hometown team (Calgary Stampeders). They guy is all class and would be great for the locker room.

Hey CanadianRamsFan,
    I'm in Calgary also but have much different memories of Garcia on the Stamps, not much different than our current headache with MR. Burris, aka Mr. Inconsistency. But still think I would take Garcia over Frerotte, but Orlovsk....really, c'mon guys! Good to see a fellow Calgarian on the board here.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamCAN View Post
    Hey CanadianRamsFan,
    I'm in Calgary also but have much different memories of Garcia on the Stamps, not much different than our current headache with MR. Burris, aka Mr. Inconsistency. But still think I would take Garcia over Frerotte, but Orlovsk....really, c'mon guys! Good to see a fellow Calgarian on the board here.
    I know this isn't the place for this conversation, but really? Inconsistent? Yes over the past few years he has been. But 07 and especially last year he was lights out and the best QB in the league. He won the Grey Cup last year and didn't really have any bad games. I watch every stamps game and i have to say its hard to recall a more consistent QB over the past few years.

On Garcia, yeah when he was good he was GOOD, but he could also be just trash. As a back-up he would be very good IMO and would be able to come in and play a game or two (either starter due to injury, or off the bench) and we would still be able to run a WCO.

Been a season ticket holder for 5 years and will agree with one point, he was a bit better this year, but I have never seen a guy slower out of the gate than Henry Burris. The first 5 games of every season he is absolute garbage then he starts to wake up from his long winter sleep (literally for you Americans) and starts to figure it out, but ooooh so slowly. He usually finishes well as he did this year, but I might as well throw away my tickets for those first games.

And to make this about the Rams also, looks like Brown is getting done.

Rotoworld
    Dolphins signed OL Joe Berger.
    Jason Brown is closing in on a deal with the Rams, so Berger will fill in at guard while pushing Samson Satele for the starting center position.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

I would rather see the kid from Texas Tech Harrell as a backup than any of the above.