Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By codeman123
  • 1 Post By Bar-bq
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: Walter Football: 2012 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

KevinJones is offline Registered User

Walter Football: 2012 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

Posted today, includes the trade made yesterday (6th and 39th pick from Redskins0

Rams Draft Rounds 1-4 (No 5th-given to Broncos for Brandon Lloyd)
    1.6 WR Justin Blackmon Okla. St.
    2.1 LB Zach Brown North Carolina
    2.7 CB/KR Josh Robinson Central Florida
    3.2 DT Brandon Thompson Clemson
    4.1 OT Andrew Datko Florida St.

Has Cleveland taking Tannehill at 4 and NYJ taking Richardson at 16. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Nick; -03-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Walter Football: 2012 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell

Tannehill at 4 seems like a stretch but... people seem to be reaching for QBs these days.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

While watching Aggie football this past season, I would have never even fathomed Tannehill going in the top 20, much less 4th overall.

Solid mock, Zach Brown in the 2nd would be a great pick up. Not a big fan of the Josh Robinson, we can do better there.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Tannehill is going to climb, but I would be very surprised if he goes at no.4. If anything, our pick at 6 is the best place for a team to trade up ahead of the pack to take him, should we want to go that route

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I give Campbell credit for a four round mock; I don't have the stamina for something like that. That said, I'm kind of "meh" on the Rams draft when seeing the whole picture.

There's no real need to talk about the first round pick.

Zach Brown might be the most frequently mocked prospect for the Rams in round two. I certainly understand why, but personally if I'm spending the first pick of the second round on a linebacker, I'd like to see more instincts from him than I do from Brown. DTs Jerel Worthy and Kendall Reyes are both available with that pick as well, and to me, may be better options.

As for Robinson, no thank you. I understand the guy is blazing, but I'm crazy about spending second round picks on 5'9" cornerbacks, regardless of how explosive they are. That the Rams were projected to take Robinson in the second round with CB Stephon Gilmore still on the board seems a little odd to me.

Thompson in the third strikes me as pretty solid value, but had the Rams used a second round pick on a DT, it could have freed up this pick to be used on another position. There are still some solid running backs in the third round of this projection that are intriguing. In round four, Datko may be worth a gamble if the medical reports from the Combine came back with good news. I'd probably wait and see if he's there in round five though.

With the way things are projected in this mock, I can't help but feel the Rams may be better off going...

1: WR Blackmon
    2: DT Worthy
    2: CB Gilmore
    3: RB Polk or OL Massie
    4: LB Spence

Of course, when you start changing picks around, the whole thing could change. But that would have been a much better four-round projection IMO than the one the Rams ended up getting.
    ZiaRam likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think Thompson and Robinson should be reversed, value wise.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I give Campbell credit for a four round mock; I don't have the stamina for something like that. That said, I'm kind of "meh" on the Rams draft when seeing the whole picture.

There's no real need to talk about the first round pick.

Zach Brown might be the most frequently mocked prospect for the Rams in round two. I certainly understand why, but personally if I'm spending the first pick of the second round on a linebacker, I'd like to see more instincts from him than I do from Brown. DTs Jerel Worthy and Kendall Reyes are both available with that pick as well, and to me, may be better options.

As for Robinson, no thank you. I understand the guy is blazing, but I'm crazy about spending second round picks on 5'9" cornerbacks, regardless of how explosive they are. That the Rams were projected to take Robinson in the second round with CB Stephon Gilmore still on the board seems a little odd to me.

Thompson in the third strikes me as pretty solid value, but had the Rams used a second round pick on a DT, it could have freed up this pick to be used on another position. There are still some solid running backs in the third round of this projection that are intriguing. In round four, Datko may be worth a gamble if the medical reports from the Combine came back with good news. I'd probably wait and see if he's there in round five though.

With the way things are projected in this mock, I can't help but feel the Rams may be better off going...

4: LB Spence

Of course, when you start changing picks around, the whole thing could change. But that would have been a much better four-round projection IMO than the one the Rams ended up getting.
    Ok one quick question.
    I can't quite put my finger on Cox, you think we could last until our pick in the second round or is he for sure going in the first?

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I agree with you Nick. I want to like Brown, but his lack of physicality and linebacker instincts makes me like other players in round 2 more. There is also no way Josh Robinson deserves to be picked over Gilmore, who is a borderline first rounder and who I would love to take. Personally I would take Reyes over Worthy.

Fletcher Cox is a first rounder. He might be taken in the top 10 if someone isn't sold on Brockers or falls in love with him. If we trade down into the teens, Cox would be a good pick. I can't really figure out the DTs in the first round. I would have to rank them Brockers, Cox, Still, Poe. If it ends up being the case that we trade down into the teens, DeCastro, Glenn, Floyd, and Wright are probably better picks anyways.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    Fletcher Cox is a first rounder. He might be taken in the top 10 if someone isn't sold on Brockers or falls in love with him. If we trade down into the teens, Cox would be a good pick. I can't really figure out the DTs in the first round. I would have to rank them Brockers, Cox, Still, Poe. If it ends up being the case that we trade down into the teens, DeCastro, Glenn, Floyd, and Wright are probably better picks anyways.
    Ya i feel the same, hard to project the DT's I want to trade with the Bengals since I think they'll be salivating over Richardson and we take Cox and Decastro with their two number ones!! Beast Mode

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Ok one quick question.
    I can't quite put my finger on Cox, you think we could last until our pick in the second round or is he for sure going in the first?
    IMO, he's a top fifteen-twenty prospect at this point.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    IMO, he's a top fifteen-twenty prospect at this point.
    ya starting to get a feel of that looking around the net at mocks and reviews now..

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

I like this better too, and would be extremely happy if we were able to pull something like this off.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Ok one quick question.
    He went 15th overall in my last mock, so count me among the "for sure going in the first" crowd.
    ZiaRam likes this.