Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Re: WalterFootball.com Ram's Mock

I know going defense twice in a row sounds crazy to some here, but id like us to go Suh and Weatherspoon back to back personally. I say go ahead and shore up the defense completely this year and come back and go hard on the offensive side of the ball next year starting our with the selection of Mr. Locker.

Most here don't expect us to be competitive anyway, and i still think Lefevour will fall to us in the third, which is the route i want us to go this year. If lefevour works out and looks to be a gem we wont have to spend first round money on a QB next year. If not at least he wasn't a first or second round bust. We get OlB squared away and suddenly we're solid everywhere on defense. We would technically only really lack a proven OLB instead of Vobora, even though i think vobora can start for us. Barring a major digression by Fletcher, he and Bartell will start at corners for us. Atogwe and Butler at safety. Jlau, Weatherspoon, vobora at linebacker. Suh/Carriker/Ryan/Long/Little/Scott and a few others gives us perhaps the most depth on the dline in football depending on how those young players progress.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

In business terms, drafting Suh over Clausen would be like giving the best IT guy ever a 7-figure salary when you don't even have a CFO. That computer whiz could be the best IT guy in the history of the planet (i.e. Suh being compared to Reggie White), but devoting all of your resources to him would eventually force you to file for Chapter 11. On the bright side, you'd never have a single computer virus!
    Worst analogy ever

Major30 is offline Registered User

Exactly! The defense is a couple pieces away and we have access to getting one of the best players to come out of college in a decade to fill that void. Why pick a QB that isnt even the best prospect at the postition. Locker is better than any of the QBs coming out this year. Like it or not, we will probably be in a position to pick top 5 next year with either Suh or Claussen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12