Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By HUbison
  • 3 Post By shower beers
  • 1 Post By mcpeepants232003

Thread: Walterfootball four round mock for the Rams

Rambos is online now Registered User

Walterfootball four round mock for the Rams

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

Guards seldom have a chance to go in the top 15, but Chance Warmack has a shot because he's a special talent. Besides, he's the top prospect available who makes sense for St. Louis.

The Rams desperately need to upgrade their offensive front. Jeff Fisher played against the Texans twice per year when he was with Tennessee, and he watched Houston completely ruin David Carr's career by not building a competent offensive line around him. He won't want to make the same mistake with Sam Bradford.

Keenan Allen, WR, California

I don't think the Rams will necessarily be targeting a receiver in the first round because they're still developing Brian Quick, but they will absolutely consider Keenan Allen if he's available at No. 22 because he's arguably the top player available. It's pretty obvious that Jeff Fisher needs to find receiving help for Sam Bradford.

D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

Another upgrade for the Rams' poor offensive line. They need to protect Sam Bradford. D.J. Fluker is the top prospect available who makes sense.

Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
    The Rams' defense was great, but they have a couple of areas they need to address. One such spot is the safety position. Craig Dahl must be upgraded.

Jonathan Brown, OLB, Illinois
    James Laurinaitis and JoLonn Dunbar played pretty well this past season, but no one the team tried at strongside linebacker did very well.

If this happened I would take it, I would maybe take a different receiver but that's about it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Walterfootball four round mock for the Rams

No way to argue with that. I'd sign the dotted line on that one today!
    Rambos and Rambunctious like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

A good draft for sure. One thing I like to check out in mocks is who they passed over in their area. I'm skipping over the Warmack pick because I don't think it should be anyone else. For the Allen pick, there are the following still available, amongst others:

Terrance Williams, Tyler Eifert, Matt Elam.

It will be interesting to see what the strategy is for that pick. If it were me, I'd avoid WR there and go for Eifert or Elam.

With our second pick, these players are also still available:

Eric Reid, Robert Woods, Eddie Lacy.

I think the RT pick is good there considering the other available picks, although I would strongly consider those other options.

I think with our unique situation, we have to really predict whether or not there might be a run on a certain position or need. Between our last first round pick and our second round pick, a lot of the receiving talent is snatched up. Tavon Austin, Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Zach Ertz, Justin Hunter, and Tyler Eifert. In this scenario, we have already selected Allen, but if we went by my original suggestion, we would have missed out on nearly everyone else, save Robert Woods. Shows what I know, right?

Also, we're passing up all the elite safety talent and relying on Rambo to fall to us in the third. With the line for top safety talent seemingly drawn after Rambo's name, I can easily see him being snatched up before our pick.

I'm not suggesting one strategy over another, but rather observing some of the situations our FO can potentially land in. They however, don't get the added benefit of seeing how the other picks play out afterward. It'll be interesting to see if we truly go for our BPA or work around the projected picks ahead of us.
    cfh128, mde8352gorams and Rammed like this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I agree with shower beers. I just don't see us drafting a WR with a round 1 pick after drafting Quick last year. I do see us going toward a TE like Eifert becuase of his play making skills or Elam for what he offers on defense. Further, I don't see Warmack there for us at #16. He will get taken by Tennessee or San Diego who are in the 10-12 area. Having said that I see us going for a OT like Eric Fisher, providing he has a good Combine and Senior Bowl. I think our needs at OT are greater than inside anyway.

A safety who has gotten my attention is D.J. Swearinger of South Carolina over Rambo. He hits hard and covers well in pass defense and run defense according to reports I've read. Sounds like a Jeff Fisher type defender.

Go Rams!

Rambos is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I agree with shower beers. I just don't see us drafting a WR with a round 1 pick after drafting Quick last year. I do see us going toward a TE like Eifert becuase of his play making skills or Elam for what he offers on defense. Further, I don't see Warmack there for us at #16. He will get taken by Tennessee or San Diego who are in the 10-12 area. Having said that I see us going for a OT like Eric Fisher, providing he has a good Combine and Senior Bowl. I think our needs at OT are greater than inside anyway.

A safety who has gotten my attention is D.J. Swearinger of South Carolina over Rambo. He hits hard and covers well in pass defense and run defense according to reports I've read. Sounds like a Jeff Fisher type defender.

Go Rams!
    What are you saying you don't like it

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    What are you saying you don't like it
    Honestly, I'm not crazy about it for the reasons stated. Warmack will likely go before our pick, Allen makes little sense based on Quick at #33 last year and I love Fluker if he's there in round 2, although I doubt it given the OT's available. I prefer what I've been reading about Swearinger over Rambo as a S for us. Other than that I love it.

Go Rams!

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Craig Dahl must be upgraded.
    This is the understatement of the year. I don't think that there is a word in the english language that equals how much the Rams need to upgrade Dahl.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

people need to stop assuming we won't take a WR because we took Quick last year. Teams don't discount taking players based on the chances another WR will work out

We still have a very mediocre receiving corps and WR is still a big need.
    RockinRam likes this.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Add Manti T'eo instead of Allen and I'll drink to that.... Would love it!