CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Walterfootball... thanks...

I know a lot of people read walterfootball, as i do too. The guy seriously hates the rams, look at what he says about us on his "NFL powerrankings (pre-draft), where he has us as last FYI (yeah thats right the lions are above us).
    No mention of anything we have done, just says we will miss our old players (who prior he has said weren't good anyway). No mention of Bartell signing, or the Brown, Karney, and Butler ones. We have a new HC, who was highly coveted, but that doesn't matter remember Bulger sucks!! what a joke

32. St. Louis Rams (2-14)
    Marc Bulger will be playing the West Coast offense for the first time in his career. So, the Rams are putting an aging, concussion-prone quarterback who will be missing his Hall-of-Fame left tackle (Orlando Pace) and No. 1 receiver (Torry Holt) in a brand new offense? It's almost as if this franchise has to go mini-golfing to decide its draft picks.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walterfootball... thanks...

If that guy makes a dime from his site, he's overpaid.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I think the guy has good evaluation on college players, but he knows next to nothing about the NFL. He said last year that it was Chip Rosenbloom who decided to take Chris Long. What a moron.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    I think the guy has good evaluation on college players, but he knows next to nothing about the NFL.
    I definitely agree with that statement, at least the 2nd half. I trust his judgment in college player evaluation because his site is popular and I assume that's because he has some insight there. I don't know enough about player evaluation to say either way, really.

But whenever I see anything about the NFL, he's just way way off. His team needs are hit and miss, and overall it just seems like he's out of his comfort zone when discussing the NFL.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Ole Walter doesn't seem to be any more accurate after the Rd1 top ten than the proverbial roomful of typing monkeys.About 50% accurate for the top picks then he's as all over the place as any pundit.

Personally, I use a hut of homeless; my hood being more skidrow than simian scourged. No more accurate except in a higher WPM and lower typo percentage. Most of 'em are real estate and stock brokers.Tin cup in one hand,Blackberry in the other.

As to his anti-Ram bias, I like it. I wish more of our games were televised but,other than that, I think DeSpags will do more to promote our rep in real NFL circles( ie attract good FAs) than this podunk prognosticator's drivelling will harm it.

Given the lack of interest league-wide in Holt, Pace, Cogs,Bennett,et al, it's hard to argue with his assessment of our roster/moves until recently without a fan's sentimental bias/desperate rationalizations.

If the new players & regime are flying under the radar, it's all to the good,imo. I think they are the fire-in-the-belly types who will be motivated by that underdog status rather than sulk over a perceived lack of respect.

I'm not saying fans, like the OP, who are irritated by the dissing are sulkers but there has been a "victim's mentality" whiff about The Rams themselves, players & management, here and there, that I'll be glad to see blown away.Whether it clears just the air or a few more lockers/desks will vary.

I won't name names, current or past, because everybody's nose is different but I bet we have all wrinkled our schnozzolas at some point.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Is this guy a bitter Titans fan?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, we were 2-14 last year. What "expert" is going to give the Rams a glowing prediction? None of them.

Don't read them.

BarronWade is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If that guy makes a dime from his site, he's overpaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, we were 2-14 last year. What "expert" is going to give the Rams a glowing prediction? None of them.

Don't read them.
    Listen to tx here.

We are on Clanram which is filled with Ram fans so we all have biased opinions. Yea we got a whole new regime but it takes time to build a fanchise most of the time (the dolphins and falcons did not listen last year)

He is right thou we lost Pace and Holt. Alex Barron is moving to LT and all the Aarron Curry fans are saying this is a good move. Well has Barron done anything at LT in 2007 that would lead you to belive that this is a good move? We are also about to start 2 sophmores and probably 1 rookie WR in the slot.

Also listen to what canadian Rams fan said "pre-draft" right now we are probably the worst team. The Lions just traded for the QB of there defence (julian peterson) and they have a solid O-line to protect there aging starting QB next year.

Most off the moves we made so far have been for the run. We really havn't got a OT to protect Bulger and passing is important. So the Rams need to have a good draft if they want to get out of the bottom 5 next year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bloggers generally like to hate on the teams who haven't done well recently. Rotoworld is as guilty of this as anyone. They regularly take snipes at poor teams in their analysis. I wouldn't think much of it; you've got to be good to get respect from these kinds of pages.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

This is the same guy who also bashes the rams. He recently said that carriker and a few others were uber busts, but is completely wrong.
    He represents the image that everyone outside of the rams community has about us.
    Were very much improved, and were not at all the second worst team last year. But, because we got blown out in a few of our losses, the public's image of us is that of a horrible franchise with nothing to look forward to. They don't know of all of the things we have done this offseason to get better, either. No one outside if us knows how good Bartell is, and no one knows how much a very good center and FB will help us. Don't read walter football because they don't have a clue. It's always better to go straight to the source for the best knowledge of teams, and that is the fans. Us here at clanram could put together a much better season outlook than anyone there, it may be a BIT, biased, but were also more level headed than any other site, which is why i post here.
    Walter Football Boycott!!!!