Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: We need a qb!!!

  1. #1
    Ramsfan1219's Avatar
    Ramsfan1219 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    We need a qb!!!

    I know Bulger and a new QB in the draft would be a lot of money, but I can't stand him anymore. Y not take the plunge and get a franchise QB? It's not like we can win anytime soon so who cares about the money? If we get a guy like Stafford, we would be set for years. Everyone keeps saying that we should get a tackle, but the tackle position is so deep this year in the draft that we can afford to get one in the 2nd round. We need a big name guy that can step in, we havn't had that in a while. Eather draft a stud QB or WR Crabtree, cuz we need some big pick up this time around, not some tackle. We should draft in this order:

    1st: QB (Or if QB's r gone, then Crabtree)
    2nd: O-Lineman
    3rd: Linebacker
    4th: CB
    5th-7th: WR'S, ANYTHING DEFENSIVE, MAYBE ANOTHER CB AND MAYBE EVEN A DECENT FB. WE GOT RID OF HEDGECOCK AND HE WAS A 7TH ROUNDER, LOOK AT HIM NOW ONCE WE GOT RID OF HIM.

    A QB for the future, an nice OL, a big linebacker, tall cb that can acually cover people (which isn't too hard to find unless ur stl), and a decent backup WR sounds just like what we need for our team! What do u guys think?


  2. #2
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,534
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    I said this exact thing (but not on taking a QB first round) and no one agreed, almost everone is set on a OT in the first round. Honestly I see Defense as our biggest problem right now.

  3. #3
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Thank God you're not running our team. Having TWO $65 million QB's would then stop us from upgrading any other position we need to address the team.

    Besides, with Bulger playing right now, he's proven that he can be a steady QB in the league. Just fix the areas around him. Once we got the areas around the QB strong and playing well, when it's Bulger's time to go, we can plug in the young QB and let him run the show.

    But until the areas around the QB isn't fixed, you're going to see the same mess again. Let's fix the players around the QB.

    And btw, NO QB before the third round pick. We have three IMMEDIATE needs ahead of QB.

  4. #4
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I said this exact thing (but not on taking a QB first round) and no one agreed, almost everone is set on a OT in the first round. Honestly I see Defense as our biggest problem right now.

    You are absolutely right. Is defense a problem? A major one at that.

    I think with Pace's age and Barron's inconsitency, we could use a new OT. There are some of the best prospects coming out this year, so we need to snag one.

    However, we do also need a MLB and a SS. Those can easily be addressed in the second and third round.

    I honestly think we need a true FB also. I think we could find a good one in the 4th or 5th.

    However, QB shouldn't be picked ahead of OT, MLB, SS.

  5. #5
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,534
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    You are absolutely right. Is defense a problem? A major one at that.

    I think with Pace's age and Barron's inconsitency, we could use a new OT. There are some of the best prospects coming out this year, so we need to snag one.

    However, we do also need a MLB and a SS. Those can easily be addressed in the second and third round.

    I honestly think we need a true FB also. I think we could find a good one in the 4th or 5th.

    However, QB shouldn't be picked ahead of OT, MLB, SS.
    I agree, but we may have MLB based on how "Mr. Irrelevant" played 2 weeks ago, but we didn't get to see a reply b/c our coached pulled him AND FOR WHAT!?!?

  6. #6
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    I agree, but we may have MLB based on how "Mr. Irrelevant" played 2 weeks ago, but we didn't get to see a reply b/c our coached pulled him AND FOR WHAT!?!?
    One game where we gave up 150+ yards makes him are MLB of the future? People complain about spoons size this guy is even smaller. I'd rather draft or sign one MLB is still a major need.

  7. #7
    tonyray05's Avatar
    tonyray05 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    People complained about Fletcher's size, but he's still around and leading by example. Let's draft one or go the FA route.

  8. #8
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    There are many more needs that should be addressed before a QB OR Crabtree. Which one to address with our first pick is debatable, but picking a qb or crabtree is almost certainly not. Stranger things have happened though...

  9. #9
    smizzhfx's Avatar
    smizzhfx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, nova scotia, Canada
    Posts
    722
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    If any of the underclassmen QBs declared for the draft, it would have to be tempting to draft one of them.. Graham Harell, Texas Tech; Mark Sanchez, USC, Matt Stafford, Georgia; or Sam Bradford, Oklahoma.

    Sam Houston State QB Rhett Bomar seems to be the consensus top senior QB in the class.. should be available in the 3rd round area. I think QB is a position that needs to be addressed either at the end of day 1 or early day 2. We desperately need a back-up for Bulger.. and a rookie would be able to develop under him for a season or two.

    I agree OT needs to be addressed in round 1 if Oher, Smith or even Monroe are on the board when we pick, and I'd like to see the top LB or SS taken in round 2.

  10. #10
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,075
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsfan1219 View Post
    I know Bulger and a new QB in the draft would be a lot of money, but I can't stand him anymore. Y not take the plunge and get a franchise QB? It's not like we can win anytime soon so who cares about the money? If we get a guy like Stafford, we would be set for years. Everyone keeps saying that we should get a tackle, but the tackle position is so deep this year in the draft that we can afford to get one in the 2nd round. We need a big name guy that can step in, we havn't had that in a while. Eather draft a stud QB or WR Crabtree, cuz we need some big pick up this time around, not some tackle. We should draft in this order:

    1st: QB (Or if QB's r gone, then Crabtree)
    2nd: O-Lineman
    3rd: Linebacker
    4th: CB
    5th-7th: WR'S, ANYTHING DEFENSIVE, MAYBE ANOTHER CB AND MAYBE EVEN A DECENT FB. WE GOT RID OF HEDGECOCK AND HE WAS A 7TH ROUNDER, LOOK AT HIM NOW ONCE WE GOT RID OF HIM.

    A QB for the future, an nice OL, a big linebacker, tall cb that can acually cover people (which isn't too hard to find unless ur stl), and a decent backup WR sounds just like what we need for our team! What do u guys think?


    You have got to be kidding me. Okay, so we get Stafford, and then what? You bench one of our most highly paid players? No, of course you wouldn't. Plus, Stafford would be terrorized in the backfield because of our o-line.

    Crabtree wouldn't do us any good.

    If you want to pick a big name guy, pick Maualauga or Lauranaitis. These guys would immediately contribute, and then we could do what you said, and pick a linemen in the second round.

  11. #11
    Bald_81's Avatar
    Bald_81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Even if Bradford/Stafford are available at the time we pick and they are better options than what is out there, we won't take them. Why? We're gun shy. Just look back to last year. We didn't take Dorsey because we already chose Carriker the year prior and even though he was highest rated on our board, we went with the bigger need and didn't want to invest a lot of money at the same position two years in a row. I'm saying this regardless of the play from Dorsey or Long so far, so I don't want to hear "but _______ is doing much better than _______". We all know it takes more than 3/4 to evaluate a draft.

    Now, we already invested $65 mil to the QB position with Bulger alone. Even if Bradford/Stafford have the highest grade, given what we have already witnessed the Rams will pass on both of them for an OT of a lower grade. That is just my two cents, but it also happens to be reality.

  12. #12
    Falconator Guest

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsfan1219 View Post
    I know Bulger and a new QB in the draft would be a lot of money, but I can't stand him anymore. Y not take the plunge and get a franchise QB? It's not like we can win anytime soon so who cares about the money? If we get a guy like Stafford, we would be set for years. Everyone keeps saying that we should get a tackle, but the tackle position is so deep this year in the draft that we can afford to get one in the 2nd round. We need a big name guy that can step in, we havn't had that in a while. Eather draft a stud QB or WR Crabtree, cuz we need some big pick up this time around, not some tackle. We should draft in this order:

    1st: QB (Or if QB's r gone, then Crabtree)
    2nd: O-Lineman
    3rd: Linebacker
    4th: CB
    5th-7th: WR'S, ANYTHING DEFENSIVE, MAYBE ANOTHER CB AND MAYBE EVEN A DECENT FB. WE GOT RID OF HEDGECOCK AND HE WAS A 7TH ROUNDER, LOOK AT HIM NOW ONCE WE GOT RID OF HIM.

    A QB for the future, an nice OL, a big linebacker, tall cb that can acually cover people (which isn't too hard to find unless ur stl), and a decent backup WR sounds just like what we need for our team! What do u guys think?
    I agree with you and have been touting you guys taking a franchise QB for the last three months if one is available or getting yourself into position to take a "Bradford" or a "Stafford".......

    To those who don't want to draft one because of Bulger's contract - well, that does not make sense - the sooner you admit your mistake and move on past Bulger - the better off this team will be.......It may take a minimum of two off-seasons to make this team right - but you need almost all positions and nothing more important than finding your QB........

    Left Tackle is an important position but you do not have to have one first. Anyway, your not alone........It takes guts to draft a QB in the top 10 - moreso than drafting other positions and the price of being wrong is great - but the awards of being right on a QB are great as well.......You guys really need to go for it if the Rams scouts determine that Bradford or Stafford are worthy.

  13. #13
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Whaaaaaaaa....why don't they like me coach.....
    Whaaaaaaaa....why do they want someone else....
    Whaaaaaaaa....why coach....WHY....whaaaaaaaaa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #14
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    I agree with you and have been touting you guys taking a franchise QB for the last three months if one is available or getting yourself into position to take a "Bradford" or a "Stafford".......

    To those who don't want to draft one because of Bulger's contract - well, that does not make sense - the sooner you admit your mistake and move on past Bulger - the better off this team will be.......It may take a minimum of two off-seasons to make this team right - but you need almost all positions and nothing more important than finding your QB........

    Left Tackle is an important position but you do not have to have one first. Anyway, your not alone........It takes guts to draft a QB in the top 10 - moreso than drafting other positions and the price of being wrong is great - but the awards of being right on a QB are great as well.......You guys really need to go for it if the Rams scouts determine that Bradford or Stafford are worthy.
    If we just eat Bulger's contract now, we are effectively postponing rebuilding for a year. With Bulger and the current cap straits the team is in, it will be a 2 year rebuild. Take away the cap hit from cutting him...we're suddenly looking at a 3 year rebuild.

    The money a first round pick gets demands for them to go in as the starter, especially if you have limited cap room. Similarly, Bulger's contract demands for him to go in as a starter.

    Finally, you admit there are extreme risks to being wrong on a QB. The Rams have had horrible luck drafting as of late. Why invite trouble?

  15. #15
    Big-Dave314's Avatar
    Big-Dave314 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: We need a qb!!!

    we dont need a qb we need mlb, o-linemen, ss thats what we need

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •