Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Are we still interested in Sproles?

Haven't heard anything about that in a while. I think Sproles would be an excellent compliment to S Jaxx's power. Plus he could possibly team up with Amendola in the punt/kick returning game. Anyone have any info?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Are we still interested in Sproles?

I haven't heard nothing man, but our FO is being hush hush about everything until something or a official decision is made. I'd expect it to stay like that. But unlike Cofield and some others I really think our FO is pursuing Sproles like a mad man. Another possibility would be Bush. Spags knows the match up problem either one of these two will give opposing defenses not to mention thier contributation to ST's. Yes they might not be on the field alot but they have alot more plays as a KR/PR that could potentially give us some good good momentium changers. Devaney isn't stupid and Kevin can make something work, he's a good number cruncher.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -07-27-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    I haven't heard nothing man, but our FO is being hush hush about everything until something or a official decision is made. I'd expect it to stay like that. But unlike Cofield and some others I really think our FO is pursuing Sproles like a mad man. Another possibility would be Bush.
    Either of those two RBs would be a great addition to our squad. Lets hope for the best!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I really haven't heard any rumblings about the Rams' interest in any free agent running backs, which makes me a little nervous. Hopefully it's simply because they're doing an excellent job keeping their intentions locked up.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Ya I hear both your centiments. From all the interviews I heard Billy talk about before and especially after the draft he said he has done a miserable job on the backup RB position and needs to address in FA. We'll see.... *sigh* stressful

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I really haven't heard any rumblings about the Rams' interest in any free agent running backs, which makes me a little nervous. Hopefully it's simply because they're doing an excellent job keeping their intentions locked up.
    Hope you're right Nick, but it seems a bit strange that a top free agent prospect isn't getting mentioned at all in the frenzy going on at the moment.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

^ The thing is no one has been linked to Sproles yet. Hasn't been one update from rotoworld, Shefter, Clayton, Glazer, Mort or on. So who knows what's going on.

I really do wonder if the luster has worn off on Sproles. His upside is essentially a third-down 'back, and there are probably cheaper/bigger options that teams can turn towards to fill that role.

Plus, aside from DeAngelo Williams and maybe Sammy Morris, has there really been any action on running backs so far? Teams aren't exactly tripping over themselves to get these guys signed, which I think speaks to the nature of the position.

kman is offline Registered User

yea, its been kinda weird with RB's..does anyone know if ronnie brown and ricky need to be released or are they free agents? im kinda surpriesd you havent heard anything about them either..besides d'angelo, its been quiet for RB's..

Both are unrestricted free agents, I believe.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Sproles helpng amendola in the return game? How about just take it over... Ill give him an a for effort but he I
    s too slow.com. i hope/pray/and would even trade my 1st born to get sproles. i believe bush is out the pic he will want too much $. But realistically judging from past fa periods IF we get a rb it will be someone like leon washington, lol. I hope the fo proves me wrong

kman is offline Registered User

leon washington..lol..you're right though...or a brian westbrook...i just cant see the rams FO getting bush..and quite frankly im ok with that...I wan that..i think hes a prima donna who will the ball more then he'll get...he'll want starter money just to get 10 touches a game..i sound like a broken record, but id love to get sproles or steve slaton..