Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Country is offline Registered User

Weak Rumor, but good discussion

This is from another site with insider knowledge.

The man that i talked to today, was on of the Defensive coaches for the Rams, his son plays basketball with my cousin and i was at their game today

He didnt tell me about how they Love Chillar, that has been a big topic on every talk radio show for a month or so

I was predicting that we will get both by trading up but what he really said was
    (i asked him why we havnt done much in FA on D and when they are gana that side of the ball alittle money to play with?)

he said-"Thats gana come in the draft, beside the back up running back to jackson, all of our important picks are gana be used to make our Defense better"

(I then asked him who were we targeting as of right now?)

"Tyler our of NC State is the guy that we really love and want for this team, He has some of the greatest tools as a NT that i have ever seen and is gana be great in the leageu, as long as he keeps his head on stright, he has a bit of an attitude problem and character problem, But the other guy who everyone is high on is Carriker our of Nebraska, he isnt quite as good as Tyler but he is a great kid, one of the real stand up guys that we all love. he isnt 'worse' than Tyler, he is very good and in alot of our minds the 2nd best De in this draft, but just doesnt have all the tools that Tyler has. They are #1 and #2 on our list right now. We now have to decidem do we want to go with alittle less talent and upside for more of a stadup guy who will be a leader?, or do we wana babysit a guy with amazing talent for a few years and keep him out of jail? The bottom line is that we need to get guys in there that wont keep getting pushed arround, who will stay in their holes, while giving some pressure on the pass, to free oup our fast LB so they can make the plays"

That was the most important parts of the conversation. Its not like i just went up to him and talked to him, i have met him before and was just having a casual conversation with the man at a CYC basketball game. So again if you want to view it as a 'Smokescrean' go ahead, but i for one belive the man, im not a reporter or some snoop, im just a die hard rams fan, and he know who i am, so i think he was being truthful with me

+++He did mention kennidy and Glover both being guys that got blown off the line too consistantly, which is why our LB were ineffective later in the year and Pisa got hurt. Thats why i belive that they will be gone, (or at the least designated as only situational guys but they make too much money for that, at least Glover does+++

Re: Weak Rumor, but good discussion

I would be hapopy with Tyler and I have mentioned it before he is one of the few true NT in the draft.

I am still for trading up and grabbing one of the elites.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I love information that come from people on message boards that have "insider info."

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Nick it's not like the guy just created an account, he has been here for a while and contributed to the board a little bit so i believe him and even if it isn't true it's a good way to start a discussion and then people will take it more seriously

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    Nick it's not like the guy just created an account, he has been here for a while and contributed to the board a little bit so i believe him
    It's a topic for discussion, sure. But it's been my experience that people on message boards who claim to have "inside knowledge" of a situation are 99% of the time not connected at all. Being a member of a site for a while doesn't by itself make him any more legitimate, IMO.

Personally I find it pretty hard to believe that a Rams defensive coach just decided to share their first round draft strategy with someone at a youth basketball game in a casual conversation, but that's just me. Maybe he's right and this is exactly what the Rams try to do on the draft. If so, good for this guy. But at this point I'm not putting money down on it.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I love information that come from people on message boards that have "insider info."
    Me too, but we know its always true!:x
    RamsFan16

Hey Nick and Guys

I did not make this up or write it. It is from another message board and a buddy of mine e-mailed it to me.

I just thought that it would be an interesting topic for discussion.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Rumours are helpful eitherway, whether they have substance or not. They keep people thinking, if not of the ideal situation then at least if something unexpected happens (i.e. trades) then we have other things to look for/at.

fftopic: Sorry but I see these all the time and have no idea whta they mean:

IMO: ?
    IMHO: ?

JRoc is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    fftopic: Sorry but I see these all the time and have no idea whta they mean:

IMO: ?
    IMHO: ?
    IMO= in my opinion
    IMHO= in my honest opinion

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    Hey Nick and Guys

I did not make this up or write it. It is from another message board and a buddy of mine e-mailed it to me.

I just thought that it would be an interesting topic for discussion.
    Country, nobody thinks you made anything up. I'm sure everyone agrees you wouldn't mislead. The question is to the validity of the poster on the other site who claims this as first hand knowledge.

You called it exactly what it is....."weak rumor, good discussion".

As for the rumor, one of two things is true:

Either, 1: The original poster is making up a load of bolvine fecal matter, due to either a very low self-esteem, vast desire for acknowledgement & acceptance, and/or small phallic member.

Or, 2: Scott Linehan needs to fire one of his defensive coaches for discussing draft strategy with the cousin of his son's pee-wee basketball teammate at a CYC youth game!

I'm betting my left man marble on option 1.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I think that 90% of it is probably garbage, but it would not suprose me to find out that the coaches were targeting Tyler because of his skill sets.

NTs will have added value no matter where they are ranked by Mel Kiper. The post is accurate in saying that Kennedy and Glover were blown up to often. If Tank Tyler can come in and be a boulder in the middle of the defense than he is what we need.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

We really do need an anchor in the middle,Kennedy is to often handled by the opposition and Glover at his stage in his career is no more than a player capable of contributing in a rotation.I don't mind rumours,as the off-season is long and it gives us something to discuss even if there is little or no truth in it..:l

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

To hell with it, grab Carriker and Tyler

id do it in Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    I think that 90% of it is probably garbage, but it would not suprose me to find out that the coaches were targeting Tyler because of his skill sets.
    My biggest issue with this person's post isn't that I don't think the points being made could be legitimate. For all we know they could be spot on. My issue is that for something that's supposed to be an insider discussion with someone on the coaching staff, there's not much that's really "insider" about it.

We've known for almost a week now that the Rams really like Carriker and think he can play both outside and inside. One can conclude simply from previous articles about adding a nose tackle with some size that Tyler could be a target. Anyone who watched a Rams game in 2006 would have seen with their own eyes how many times our interior linemen got blown off the line. To me, it reads like someone is just regurgitating information, saying it's from a source, and then trying to draw conclusions about it.

As I said earlier though, maybe he's right and this is exactly what the Rams try to do on the draft. Me personally, I'm not very convinced that trading up for a guy like Tyler who has basically been slipping since the end of the season and has some concerning character red flags is a wise move. Furthermore, I would question the comment that's credited to the coach about how Tyler supposedly has "the greatest tools as a NT that i have ever seen."

keith m. klink Guest

i don't take too much of this , and i'll tell you why.hubison, hit it on the head, that this guy wanted attention.but also , linehan would have to had a moron on his staff to discuss this, and i don't think that he does.if a profesional coach called carriker a stand up guy, and tyler a problem child that they have to babysit and KEEP OUT OF JAIL, then they just instantly made this kid a multi-millionair with a defamation of carracter and slander lawsuit, not to mention the implications of being very racially prejudice. i don't think one of linehans gut's would do that, and if he did, i'm sure that he already has his office cleared out and he's home explaining to his wife why he lost his job, and he needs to train for a DIFFERANT one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast