Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

WEEKEND (draft) at BERNIE's is JUST STUPID

Go back and try to find a critical post from me on Bernie's articles. Good Luck.

However, his latest about a Man-Crush on Long and swooning is just plain stupid.

Some have pointed it out here - and then Mel Kiper repeated it yesterday - the athletic skills of Long are as good as any DE to come out in the last six years. Long gets driven into the high-motor effort stereotype, when, in fact, he's an elite athlete - along with crashing the books and the weight room.

I think Bernie got burned by some some pre-draft comments by teams bluffing and jiving - and hell hath no fury like a bamboozled man.

Teams are happy with their first round picks and whoop it up - and that happens every single year.

I feel Bernie's pain over "what might have been" and "we had the time
    of our lives (before draft-day)
    ," but I think Long's career will be double Dorsey's effective playing days.

STLtoday.com - Bernie's Extra Points - Blog Archive - Chris Long: Ram Hearts A Flutter

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: WEEKEND (draft) at BERNIE's is JUST STUPID

In fairness to bernie, he did say at one point yesterday that he personally preferred Dorsey, so he is being honest about it. No reason to criticize Long.

I also read several of his posts yesterday and he sounded a LOT like a small handful of us on the board that were urging everyone else to calm down after the avery pick, especially in the context of need, ellard/saunders evaluation, and most importantly criticizing the insane notion that others "knew" he would be available in later rounds and that he was the 11-12 "rated" wr in the draft (by point out of course rated by whom?)

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I've never criticized him before. Points taken.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    I think Bernie got burned by some some pre-draft comments by teams bluffing and jiving - and hell hath no fury like a bamboozled man.
    That's what I think as well - Bernie got fooled into thinking Dorsey was going to be the pick. He reported they were going to take Dorsey, they pick Long, and now he feels like he's a fool. So he has to make some stupid mocking remarks on Chris Long.

I would like to repeat it once again: Chris Long is a great athlete. We didn't pick him because of his father, we didn't pick him because he's a nice guy, we didn't pick him only because of his motor and leadership skills. Bottomline is, he's a great athlete and that's a big part of why we picked him. All those other things, the intangibles, they're plusses of course, but make no mistake we didn't just spend the 2# overall pick on a nice guy with a motor who's low on talent.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, at least I won't have my "inner Cartman" come out as we did draft a WR in the 2nd Round, but Avery? He's more of a Hakim than Bruce. Bruce had much better hands coming out of Memphis State than Avery does. Watched him drop 4 wide open passes against SMU myself. Now, could he have had a bad game? sure, they all do. Let's hope so.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, at least I won't have my "inner Cartman" come out as we did draft a WR in the 2nd Round, but Avery? He's more of a Hakim than Bruce. Bruce had much better hands coming out of Memphis State than Avery does. Watched him drop 4 wide open passes against SMU myself. Now, could he have had a bad game? sure, they all do. Let's hope so.
    Was that when he was playing with the thumb injury?

ENN107 is offline Registered User

Bernie doesn't know what he is talking about. He is a Cardinal reporter not a Ram reporter