Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Re: For weeks now, most of us assumed Miami would take C. Long

If I'm the 'phins (thankfully for them I'm not) I'd trade that 1st overall to the 'Boys and take both their first rounders for it. Everyone's a winner with 2 first round picks, and then we Rammers get the freedom of whichever of the fab 4 we'd like.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Vernon Carey was there best O-line player last year and he played on the left side. They have said they are keeping him there.
    And we all know that we should completely trust what teams say weeks before the draft, right?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And we all know that we should completely trust what teams say weeks before the draft, right?
    Of course

That Jay Cutler guy is the best Rams QB to come along in years. I'm glad we selected him, in the end.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

the Dolphins are talking about playing a 3-4 on defense this year, with Matt Roth and Vonnie Holiday at DE and Jason Ferguson at NT, Randy Starks would back up all positions along the line. They have plenty of players to man the LB spots on the team.

What they dont have is 5 starters on the OL, and Jake Long would be able to come in right away and man a spot on that line, maybe taking over at LT straight away. So i would definitely put Jake Long as being the best pick for the Dolphins at this point

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Exactly my thinking Tomahawk. If they weren't planning on going after Long, they'd have certainly gone after another starter by now.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll reiterate here: the fins have half a dozen guys that could start at 3-4 OLB. They have exactly one starting OT (Carey). And that's not hyperbole.......they literally have one OT with starting experience.

I don't understand how they pass on Jake Long. I'm sure they want everyone to think they're going a different way, because JL is not #1 value. However, without a draft partner, he might be the only choice.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I don't understand how they pass on Jake Long. I'm sure they want everyone to think they're going a different way, because JL is not #1 value. However, without a draft partner, he might be the only choice.
    Unless, of course, they believe that they can score a quality OT at the top of the 2nd round. Out of players like S. Baker, A. Collins, G. Cherilus, and C. Nicks several of these should be there for the 'Phins. Granted J. Long is better than any of these; but is he good enough to be the No. 1 pick? We'll soon find out.

WHAT SAY YE?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Of all of your options, RAMarkable, only Gosder Cherilus is not a total reach at the top of the second, as the rest are grading out around the middle of the 2nd round(which is why I want to trade down there from OUR 2nd pick). The problem is, Cherilus is looking more and more like a low 1st rounder to SD possibly. So, unless they want to reach drastically for a prospect that may not be quite ready to start at a critical position, and skip out on a franchise QB this year(which I think they will), they can't expect to get an OT at #32, unless they trade up, of course.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll reiterate here: the fins have half a dozen guys that could start at 3-4 OLB. They have exactly one starting OT (Carey). And that's not hyperbole.......they literally have one OT with starting experience.

Ohhh I like the sound of that. Us drafting Chris Long at #2. I think its totally worth it.

I think its time to change my avatar from Gholston to Long now. I've been assuming that the Phins snag Chris Long and leave us with Gholston. I like the idea of the Phins getting Jake Long. As mentioned, they dont many OL starters. We do. We don't need one. We do need a DE, and I think Long is the choice.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

if I'm the Dolphins Jake Long is a great pick and that would allow us to grab Chris Long,both teams come out of it better than they went in,I have no problem with either Long being selected by the Rams.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Last night on the NFL Network.

Mike Mayock is predicting the Dolphins will take "FRANCHISE" QB Matt Ryan.

I hope he's right for obvious reasons.

The other interesting thing about Mayocks draft thoughts. He's doesn't even mention Dorsey. All the other so called experts on the show have Dorsey rated very high and some feel the RAMS are going to select him.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram
    Mike Mayock is predicting the Dolphins will take "FRANCHISE" QB Matt Ryan.
    Mayock must have signficant shares of stock in Matt Ryan Inc. cause he is as good as a PR machine for that kid.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12