THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Went back in the archive...

Did something I shouldn't have which made me even more angry at the Linehan era.

Before the 08 draft the Saints offered Jamaal Brown and their first round tenth overall pick for our second overall which we used to draft Chris Long.

I just can't comprehend the logic and thinking that was going through the organizations mind when they chose to reject the deal. Brown is only 28, and a pro bowl tackle for the now Super Bowl champions. Not to mention the fact we would have still been in the top 10.

But no, filling a need at tackle and getting an additional top ten pick would not be worth the second overall at all lol.

God I hate when I reminisce.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Re: Went back in the archive...

Wow... I really don't understand this, I'm pretty sure the Rams are doing everything to get moved out of St. Louis...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Did something I shouldn't have which made me even more angry at the Linehan era.

Before the 08 draft the Saints offered Jamaal Brown and their first round tenth overall pick for our second overall which we used to draft Chris Long.

I just can't comprehend the logic and thinking that was going through the organizations mind when they chose to reject the deal. Brown is only 28, and a pro bowl tackle for the now Super Bowl champions. Not to mention the fact we would have still been in the top 10.

But no, filling a need at tackle and getting an additional top ten pick would not be worth the second overall at all lol.

God I hate when I reminisce.

I have no recollection of such a deal, and even if it was "reported," that does not mean it actually occurred (seems to me that at least 80% of trade rumors are false).

shower beers is online now Registered User

Yeah I think I remember there being speculation, or ideas tossed around, but nothing concrete. How would we ever know anyway, unless they came out publicly and said it.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I have no recollection of such a deal, and even if it was "reported," that does not mean it actually occurred (seems to me that at least 80% of trade rumors are false).
    I recall the deal, and it was nothing but an overblown forum rumor. The Saints wanted (I believe) Glenn Dorsey and it appeared as if the only way they could secure him was at #2 overall. Fans went nuts over an internet rumor. Basically it was just another day in April.

Besides, (because I listen to Bernie for all my draft information), I'm still 85-90% sure that we took Glenn Dorsey in that draft anyway!