Rambunctious is offline Registered User

What about Kassim Osgood?

At minimum he is a pro bowl special teams addition but could be even more.

I like his height at 6'5 and he seems pretty athletic.

Some will say a down side is he is showing attitude because they only use him for special teams. I like it though that he is hungry to prove himself.

The Chargers are looking for a late round pick so what do you think? Would you give up a 5th or 6th round pick for a an experienced pro bowl special teams addition who wants a shot at getting the dang ball?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: What about Kassim Osgood?

Absolutely 100% yes. I think they'll want higher, but the Chargers have been known to make strange deals. A fourth rounder for Manumaleuna a few years back nearly made my day two of the draft.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Interesting to say the least, we really could use some size. He will play here and he wont be buried on the WR depth chart like he is in San Diego. He will have a great affect on Special teams and we may be able to use his size in the red zone.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

39 now I usually agree with you, but this time I can't, we have some many holes to fill I say we use our draft to build for the future, not continue to collect FA we don't necessarily need and are unproven.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

He's been in the league for 7 years and has two catches to his name. The Chargers have never had a great WR corps, and so if he was worth anything he wouldn't be buried on their depth chart. No way.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    He's been in the league for 7 years and has two catches to his name. The Chargers have never had a great WR corps, and so if he was worth anything he wouldn't be buried on their depth chart. No way.
    I'm pretty sure he had double digit receptions his first couple of years, but the Chargers gained alot of WR depth over the next couple of years so he did end up buried on their depth chart. They don't have a great WR corps, but with Chambers, Jackson (who broke out this season), Davis (1st round pick), and Floyd he couldn't get any playing time.

and Antonio Gates...almost forgot about him

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Actually Teke, he's been in the league for 6 years and he has 32 catches for 630 yards, a 19.7 yard average and 4 TD's. He's also been to the Pro Bowl twice because he's a great special teamer.

I'm not sure why the Chargers have chosen to bury him on the depth chart because his numbers, when he gets an opportunity, are good. Pulling the trigger by giving up a 5th or 6th would be a no brainer IMO.