AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What did we learn just 12 months ago?

I sense that, as draft day gets closer, the media and fans will become more and more "certain" as to who the Rams will draft. After all, there is only one team ahead of the Rams, and there will be clear indicators regarding who the Rams are considering.

Right?

Well, I think back to last year. Even in the final days leading up to the draft, there was uncertainy. There were people in the media who were certain that the Rams would take Glenn Dorsey. There were others who were highly confident that the Rams were going to trade down with the Falcons. There were some who thought the Rams might take Vernon Gholston.

In the end, Chris Long was certainly not a surprise, but he wasn't a certainty that his name would be called until... well.... until it WAS called.

So, have fun (as I do) trying to discern what the Front Office is planning to do, but don't assume that you (or even the media) KNOWS what they will do. You just might find yourself surprised on draft day.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: What did we learn just 12 months ago?

Atleast last year the Dolphins had already locked in to Long within a few weeks before, hopefully the Lions do the same so we know who it won't be.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

I really think the Rams should take Crabtree. None of the O Linemen are good enough to be a 2nd overall pick. But I even saw a mock draft that had the Rams picking Matt Staford 2nd Overall WTF!?!?!

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    I really think the Rams should take Crabtree. None of the O Linemen are good enough to be a 2nd overall pick. But I even saw a mock draft that had the Rams picking Matt Staford 2nd Overall WTF!?!?!
    If none of the OL are good enough to go @ #2, then why are 3 projected to go top 10. Crabtree would be nice if Pace was here for 1 more year and we draft a Center in the 2nd. That way Bulger might be able to get him the ball. Then go OT in next draft or next FA............ But I would still rather go OL or D in 1st round, bigger need.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jockelite View Post
    I've got to disagree here. I think that both Monroe and Jason Smith are worthy to be a 2nd overall pick.

It's highly unlikely we will go with Stafford.

Crabtree would not be one of the better decisions that Devaney will make if we indeed do grab Crabtree.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I would have alot of fun with this if I was the GM.

"Hey Bernie pssst. Got a secret. We are meeting with Crabtree's agent tonight".

"What's up Jimmy T. Got a scoop for you. Eugene Monroe".

"What's up Howard Balzer. You know, I just got off the phone with Aaron Curry's agent".

"Well, if it isn't Brian Burwell. How are you? Hey, just between you and me, Jason Smith is a lock".