tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

What to do with the First Round Pick..

As it stands, the players that would have given us good value, that is Vernon Davis, Micheal Huff and Jimmy Williams, all appear to be going in the top 10 of the draft.

Chad Greenway, who some people had us taking at 11, appears to be falling after a pretty bad combine.

Now do we take someone who has risen a little, for example Tamba Hali, Tye Hill or Manny Lawson?

I think if the value players are all gone that we should trade down a bit. I don't know if we can give afford to give what is required to move up in the draft so we can grab say Huff or Williams, and if the offer is there we can trade down to a point where whoever we pick will not be a reach.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: What to do with the First Round Pick..

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    As it stands, the players that would have given us good value, that is Vernon Davis, Micheal Huff and Jimmy Williams, all appear to be going in the top 10 of the draft.
    As of right now, I think Williams is there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    I think if the value players are all gone that we should trade down a bit.
    If the value players are gone, who wants to trade up?

Let's put it this way. If there's a stud defensive player who is top ten and falls to us, we should take him. It's that simple.

The only stud offensive players who could be available that we would not be interested in would be a quarterback. Ferguson won't fall past Buffalo if he falls. If Vernon is there, we take him. I don't think any of the RBs who may be available at 11th overall right now are worth trading up for. That leaves QBs. Maybe if Vince Young falls we can start taking some calls, but I don't think we take any otherwise.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Chad Greenway did not have a good combine, but some guys are just better in pads then shorts. The one thing was his reps where too few. I can live with the slow times, football instincts are not all based on a straight line. Maybe he still is the best fit for us.

rampete is offline Registered User

i don't see how we can by pass v. young either...

bulger is not exactly lou gehrig...

his contract is up in two seasons...

there's no guarantee that bulger will thrive in linehan's system...

linehan may be seeing a more versatile version of d. culpepper in v. young...and as we all know linehan did very well with culpepper in minni...

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    bulger is not exactly lou gehrig...his contract is up in two seasons...there's no guarantee that bulger will thrive in linehan's system...linehan may be seeing a more versatile version of d. culpepper in v. young...and as we all know linehan did very well with culpepper in minni...
    Absolutely not. Too expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rampete

bulger is not exactly lou gehrig...

his contract is up in two seasons...

there's no guarantee that bulger will thrive in linehan's system...

linehan may be seeing a more versatile version of d. culpepper in v. young...and as we all know linehan did very well with culpepper in minni...
    It just seems that Young is a luxury pick at this point. We have a starting QB, we don't have a starting (defensive position of your choice)
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod