Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do we know about Fisher scheme and how it may impact the draft

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

What do we know about Fisher scheme and how it may impact the draft

We know that Fisher loves to pound the ball: evident by how he used E. George, C. Henry, C. Johnson

We know he loves defensive lineman and physical corners

We know he loves to run screens and clear out routes and throw underneath to the TE.

With all this being said I would not be surprise if the Rams select Trent if Justin is not there.

What do you guys think? Did I miss any trends and what are your thought?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: What do we know about Fisher scheme and how it may impact the draft

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    We know that Fisher loves to pound the ball: evident by how he used E. George, C. Henry, C. Johnson

We know he loves defensive lineman and physical corners

We know he loves to run screens and clear out routes and throw underneath to the TE.

With all this being said I would not be surprise if the Rams select Trent if Justin is not there.

What do you guys think? Did I miss any trends and what are your thought?

We know he loves defensive lineman and physical corners.. He brings in his guy pro bowler Finnegan and added Langford. We could go DT with either of our second round picks.

We know he loves to run screens and clear out routes and throw underneath to the TE. DA and Salas are already in place, last years second round pick Kendricks could have a breakout year.

I agree 100% with you Crazyhorns

Here is how I think the Rams have their board stacked for the first pick.

1) Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    2) Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    3) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    4) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

thermobee is offline Registered User

To be honest I am a firm believer in defense wins championships. That said I would love it if we grab Claborne with the #6 and go DT and OLB with the two 2nd round picks. Think for a second what that does to our defense. Two premier CBs and Foster to play the nickel. Two decent safeties. Two great DEs that can bring the pressure and two excellent DTs. With James L and whoever we pick in the 2nd round as an OLB this defense becomes one of the top 5 in one season. Hopefully every can stay healthy and play up to their potential. It will:
    1. Create turnovers, therefore allow great starting position for Sam and the Offense.
    2. Keep the score down ( a la Steelers) meaning we dont have to score many points to win games.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    1) Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    2) Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    3) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    4) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    We know a Jeff Fisher team has never drafted an offensive lineman in the 1st
    shower beers likes this.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    To be honest I am a firm believer in defense wins championships. That said I would love it if we grab Claborne with the #6 and go DT and OLB with the two 2nd round picks. Think for a second what that does to our defense. Two premier CBs and Foster to play the nickel. Two decent safeties. Two great DEs that can bring the pressure and two excellent DTs. With James L and whoever we pick in the 2nd round as an OLB this defense becomes one of the top 5 in one season. Hopefully every can stay healthy and play up to their potential. It will:
    1. Create turnovers, therefore allow great starting position for Sam and the Offense.
    2. Keep the score down ( a la Steelers) meaning we dont have to score many points to win games.
    Having the pieces for an elite defense would be nice, but I don't know how elite they will look if they are always on the field getting worn down. If we don't do something about our WRs and RB depth I think we are in for a lot of 3 and outs and a looong season. And it would also probably move punter way higher on our list of draft needs.

thermobee is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    Having the pieces for an elite defense would be nice, but I don't know how elite they will look if they are always on the field getting worn down. If we don't do something about our WRs and RB depth I think we are in for a lot of 3 and outs and a looong season. And it would also probably move punter way higher on our list of draft needs.
    True, but I expect us to pound the ball and take time off the clock while moving the chains every so often. It will also allow for a better PA passes which hopefully will give our underrated receivers an extra step.

punahou is offline Registered User

and not 1 wr with all those picks? I could concur IF we didnt have a good, reliable WR that can

1) catch
    2) catch
    3) catch
    4) stretch the field
    5) catch

richtree is offline Registered User

I think he is partial to bigger WRs, especially those that can block for the Run game....

I also think he likes multiple running backs that can do multiple things....

Fisher does seem to like the scat back / 3rd down running back .... He like 3 Runners that can both Run and Catch -- Pittsburgh Steelers kind of mentality on offense..

Fastcat is offline Registered User

True, but I expect us to pound the ball and take time off the clock while moving the chains every so often. It will also allow for a better PA passes which hopefully will give our underrated receivers an extra step.
    Um what receivers do we have that are underrated? They cant get open and drop too many balls... Have we been watching the same team?

RyanFoster is offline Registered User

i know we all know this but i think it bares repeating. We arent going to get all of our needs fixed in this one offseason. what we can do is fix a couple and duct tape the rest and wait for a later time to fix those issues.

In no particular order:
    #1 We have got to get Sam some weapons.
    #2 We have got to be able to stop the run
    #3 We need reliable men on the offensive line

Jeff likes to pound the ball and he runs a physical in-your-face defense. So we have to look at what we already have in place and run with that, so....what do we have?

We have (IMO) an elite pass rusher on one side of the defensive line (Chris Long) and a soon to be elite pass rusher on the other side (Robert Quinn). We have a young quality run-stopper in Kendall Langford with sub par depth behind him. We have an intelligent MLB who plays very well in space and is a very good tackler, but has no one on the outside to help him out. We have a physical CB in Cortland Finnegan and quality, yet injury prone CBs behind him, and decent safeties. We have star at QB and a RAM HOFer in RB Steven Jackson, who is always good for 1000 yards a season, even when he misses 3-4 games but no one to spell him in this 2-back style league.

What we dont have is Wide receivers. Im not sure if we have forgotten but teams that play us know who is going to get the ball.....Steven Jackson. theres no mystery. no illusion and they load up the box and we go 3-and out. Sure Steve Smith can come in and hopefully bring in 900-1000 yards and 10 TDs. but who knows what his knee will be like. Behind him there is no one worth a bag of dorritos besides Danny. to effectively pound the ball WE NEED A #1 RECEIVER.....We have an opportunity to grab one in the draft.

I really hope they break custom and Blackmon is the pick. They can easily pickup a great DT (Jerel Worthy, Brandon Thompson) AND a good OLB (David, Brown) in the second round, and they can pickup a good Olinemen or a playmaker on offense in the 3rd round. and thatll at least shore up some holes and put duct tape on others.

ive rambled on long enough...GO Rams

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Your right the Rams can not fix all the needs.

However your plan does not address the Tackle position. Having a franchise QB with poor protection led to last years offensive challenges including Bradford observing games from the sidelines. I am not saying the Rams have to pick up a T in the 1st round but I would hope they would consider a pick with one of the two second rounders.

Go Rams

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RyanFoster View Post
    i know we all know this but i think it bares repeating. We arent going to get all of our needs fixed in this one offseason. what we can do is fix a couple and duct tape the rest and wait for a later time to fix those issues.

In no particular order:
    #1 We have got to get Sam some weapons.
    #2 We have got to be able to stop the run
    #3 We need reliable men on the offensive line

Jeff likes to pound the ball and he runs a physical in-your-face defense. So we have to look at what we already have in place and run with that, so....what do we have?

We have (IMO) an elite pass rusher on one side of the defensive line (Chris Long) and a soon to be elite pass rusher on the other side (Robert Quinn). We have a young quality run-stopper in Kendall Langford with sub par depth behind him. We have an intelligent MLB who plays very well in space and is a very good tackler, but has no one on the outside to help him out. We have a physical CB in Cortland Finnegan and quality, yet injury prone CBs behind him, and decent safeties. We have star at QB and a RAM HOFer in RB Steven Jackson, who is always good for 1000 yards a season, even when he misses 3-4 games but no one to spell him in this 2-back style league.

What we dont have is Wide receivers. Im not sure if we have forgotten but teams that play us know who is going to get the ball.....Steven Jackson. theres no mystery. no illusion and they load up the box and we go 3-and out. Sure Steve Smith can come in and hopefully bring in 900-1000 yards and 10 TDs. but who knows what his knee will be like. Behind him there is no one worth a bag of dorritos besides Danny. to effectively pound the ball WE NEED A #1 RECEIVER.....We have an opportunity to grab one in the draft.

I really hope they break custom and Blackmon is the pick. They can easily pickup a great DT (Jerel Worthy, Brandon Thompson) AND a good OLB (David, Brown) in the second round, and they can pickup a good Olinemen or a playmaker on offense in the 3rd round. and thatll at least shore up some holes and put duct tape on others.

ive rambled on long enough...GO Rams
    I agree with most of your post, but totally disagree that "we have no WRs worth a bag of doritos besides Danny."

I already think Greg Salas is as good as Danny, and if he stays healthy will far exceed Danny's ability. He's bigger, faster, stronger, and is the best on the team in yards after the catch.

I'm not sure why so many of you think Danny Amendola is so great. He is not. He plays with great passion, but with his limited ability, he is far from anything special.

That said, I hope the NE rumors are true.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

To be honest I am a firm believer in defense wins championships. That said I would love it if we grab Claborne with the #6 and go DT and OLB with the two 2nd round picks. Think for a second what that does to our defense.
    Adds a lot of talent to a unit that's going to be tired in the second half because our inept offense can't keep them off the field?
    MauiRam likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Adds a lot of talent to a unit that's going to be tired in the second half because our inept offense can't keep them off the field?
    Maybe....maybe not.

I seem to remember Baltimore's inept offense, run by an average QB, being able to ride the defense to a superbowl win.

Besides, he only mentioned our first 3 picks. There will most certainly be playmakers to be had beyond the second round, don't you think?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Not as good as a bag of Doritos? You maybe be right but I know they are better then a bag of Cheetos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast