Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What do we know about Fisher scheme and how it may impact the draft

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: What do we know about Fisher scheme and how it may impact the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Maybe....maybe not.

I seem to remember Baltimore's inept offense, run by an average QB, being able to ride the defense to a superbowl win.

Besides, he only mentioned our first 3 picks. There will most certainly be playmakers to be had beyond the second round, don't you think?
    Did you know that inept Ravens offense ranked 14th in the league in scoring that year? Food for thought.

As for playmakers beyond round two, obviously it's possible but the odds of finding them get worse as you go deeper into the draft.

Defense is important, but we're wasting time and money every year we don't surround Sam Bradford with quality players that can bring about offensive efficiency and points on the board.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: What do we know about Fisher scheme and how it may impact the draft

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Did you know that inept Ravens offense ranked 14th in the league in scoring that year? Food for thought.

As for playmakers beyond round two, obviously it's possible but the odds of finding them get worse as you go deeper into the draft.

Defense is important, but we're wasting time and money every year we don't surround Sam Bradford with quality players that can bring about offensive efficiency and points on the board.
    Understood, but about how many of those points were a direct result of the defense, maybe causing a fumble or picking the QB off in their own territory, would you say? I don't know for sure, but I'm going to guess a significant amount.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that their defense probably had more to do with their sum total of points, than any other team in the league. I may be wrong, but I'll bet I'm not far off.

I certainly agree that we need playmakers. However, for the type of offense I believe Fisher wants to run, we're probably not as far off as we think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12