View Poll Results: What do you grade the Rams draft?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

1 1.08%
  • A

2 2.15%
  • A-

13 13.98%
  • B+

20 21.51%
  • B

23 24.73%
  • B-

16 17.20%
  • C+

8 8.60%
  • C

4 4.30%
  • C-

5 5.38%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

1 1.08%
  • The draft was this weekend? I knew i forgot something.

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: What do you grade the Rams draft?

Who voted C's and why? just curious.

Big-Dave314 is offline Registered User

B+ i thought we did pretty good it would have been better if we grabbed a SS but its all good

rammiser is offline Registered User

I gave the Rams a B. I loved that we got Long,Avery,Greco,King and Burton. King and Burton could turn out to be steals. I hope anyway. I didnt like the trading we did in the 5th for Schuening but other than that it was a solid draft.
    Just Fix It

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    If Jerry Rice could've been had had in the second round, would that have made him a better player?
    No sir, it would've had nothing to do with his talent, like I stated in my post if you were paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My initial post-draft thoughts will likely appear in an article next weekend. But broadly, I thought we did a very solid job taking high character, productive guys at positions that fit what we needed to address.

Nothing definite about it at all, IMO. Avery wouldn't have lasted long during the second round run on WRs.
    You're correct sir, there's nothing definite about the draft, until it happens. So let me change that to almost certainly, in my opinion.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I think they did a great job in rounds 1,2 &3. as far as the rest go we just have to wait and see.the Long pick was hugh and if Henry Ellard says Avery is good to go then thats good enough for me.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I graded it a B-, but it is so close to a B. Avery is the main factor if bringing the grade down. This is really a great draft for the Rams after the last few years, but just because it is better than previous efforts does not rate an A.

The Avery Issue. We may never know how the WR's were rated by each NFL team, but it was not just Kiper that had other receivers rated higher than Avery. I have not seen, or even heard, of any scout that had Avery ranked as the top WR pre-draft. I love Avery BTW.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    The Avery Issue. We may never know how the WR's were rated by each NFL team, but it was not just Kiper that had other receivers rated higher than Avery. I have not seen, or even heard, of any scout that had Avery ranked as the top WR pre-draft. I love Avery BTW.
    How many had Jordy Nelson as their #3 best receiver prospect? Eddie Royal and Jerome Simpson at #5 and #6 respectively? I think when you look at how the second round went down, you'll see that for whatever reasons, the way NFL teams viewed this WR class and evaluated who was best for them did not really match up with the conventional wisdom of internet/media draftniks. Time will tell if the teams or the draftniks were right. To me, I think the fact that no receiver went in the first round and then you saw a flurry of them in the second suggests teams may have had them all graded similarly and just went for the guys they thought fit best in their scheme.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    i simply for the life of me can not understand two things

1) How anyone can say that avery (or any other player for that matter) would be available in a later round. Have we seen the draft boards of the other teams. For the millionth time, the kiper rankings ARE NOT the draft boards used by the nfl teams.
    2) The expectations that people have for the lower round picks are ridiculous. The odds of getting impact players in the lower rounds are very very slim for every team. Every fan seems to have his own pet players and when management doesnt take them they criticize the team when they read about the shortcomings of the player taken, as if they are going to get a guy without flaws in rounds 6 and 7. The same guys that complain that the front office has no idea what they are doing want us to trade down for more picks for some reason.

Wait three years and grade the draft. Until then, its an exercise in pure speculation since none of us have the faintest clue how these guys are actually going to perform, we are only guessing and there is no way to know what relative value we got because we will never know how the other teams valued these guys.

What i know for sure is that you cant say that we didnt address our needs.

I also know that the applause of the hiring of saunders was nearly unanimous on this board. We draft avery, who HAD to be the guy saunders wanted, and now everyone is screaming that the front office doesnt know what they are doing. that is just pathetic reasoning. I would love to have one critic of the pick tell me that they think any alleged mock draft expert knows more about nfl receivers than henry ellard, who had a key role in picking this guy.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Let's just say that it is what I believe, therefore that's why I said it. Just my opinion General. Not saying it's the Gospel, but it is my opinion. Don't be mad.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I've given them an A-, because I have decided that I am giong to give these guys a chance to prove why we picked them before I lower them. All our picks could turn out to be potential pro-bowlers, there have been pro-bowlers taken in every round of the draft and we had the 2nd highest pick in every round, so the 2nd chance to find that pro-bowler in every round. I really hope we do.

Chris Long makes this draft A worthy anyway... I am so happy we didn't trade the pick or pick someone like Gholston. That was a brillant move no matter what. Chris Long will lead this Defense and turn it into a monster.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I said A-.

We did much better than any other draft that comes to mind. We improved most of our positions, even with the undrafted free agents, we got ourselves a new FB.

I loved this draft.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Fortunehunter, please dont take my criticism personally. I respect and will defend to the death your right to have your own opinion.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I've given them an A-, because I have decided that I am giong to give these guys a chance to prove why we picked them before I lower them. All our picks could turn out to be potential pro-bowlers, there have been pro-bowlers taken in every round of the draft and we had the 2nd highest pick in every round, so the 2nd chance to find that pro-bowler in every round. I really hope we do.

Chris Long makes this draft A worthy anyway... I am so happy we didn't trade the pick or pick someone like Gholston. That was a brillant move no matter what. Chris Long will lead this Defense and turn it into a monster.

Actually you've already convicted them. You say on one hand that you're going to give them a chance to prove their worthiness, and on the other hand you've already given them an A-. Which means very high expectations. Which heightens your chances of being dissapointed. What happens if none of them prove to be worthy?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Okay Okay even though I haven't seen any of the guys we drafted play in the NFL I gave our RAMS an A.

How could the grade be any lower? We had the 2nd pick in the draft for crying out loud. We drafted probably the best DE in the draft which also was a huge need for our team. We also drafted 2 receivers and 2 O-linemen a couple of more areas that definitely needed to be addressed. We didn't go for the old best player available but in fact drafted to fill needs. I can't wait to see how these guys fit in.

Ramer is offline Registered User

I'm really excited with this draft. I can't wait for the season to start to see some of these kids play. Go RAMS!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast