Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

What do you guys expect in Free Agency?

So i have read many mock drafts by many Clanram members and many of them have us becoming the smartest financial team ever and making cuts hear and there and lower 2012 contracts here and there then have enough money to make this the new dream team...Well itz not going to happen

Stan Kronke came out and openly said he would like to build the team throught the war room and the entire draft process...While Les Snead has said he would like to build it like the patriots did by stockpiling early draft picks (and he already started that process)

So right now it seems to me like we will not make a big splash...we might be mentioned into signing one of the big names (Cortland Finnegan) but at the end I am really getting the feeling that we are not going to make a huge splash and build this team mainly on our draft picks

So what do you guys think? And expect us to do during free agency?

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Re: What do you guys expect in Free Agency?

I think we will pick up a wr, lb, a few lineman, and maybe a db. But i dont see them spending alot on anyone though.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Honestly I see us picking up a WR since it looks like we are not going to be getting Blackmon. I think we'll pick up someone like Vincent Jackson/ Marques Colston and sign Lloyd as the #2 guy so we have weopons for Sam. The only other person I think we will sign is someone like Courtland Finnegan.

Not a huge splash but it's something...

We are defiantly goint to talk to Colston and Jackson but i do not think we are going to give them the big 5 year deals both want...Really think about it by the fifth year both players are going to have an inflated salary and diminishing skill

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    We are defiantly goint to talk to Colston and Jackson but i do not think we are going to give them the big 5 year deals both want...Really think about it by the fifth year both players are going to have an inflated salary and diminishing skill
    for Jackson that might be true but Colston is still young and will be about where Jackson is right now after 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    for Jackson that might be true but Colston is still young and will be about where Jackson is right now after 5 years.
    That is what you think...Jackson is only a year older but remember he held out last year and barely played

Also Colston has 449 career rec. as opposed to Jackson's 272 and colston has been hit way more than jackson and that takes its tole

In 5 years Colston will be 33 and will probably be making 7-8 mill in his final year is it worth it?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I expect us to make a play for an interior lineman - I'd love Jason Jones - and to think long and hard about a WR in Colston or Jackson OR a CB in Finnegan.

I think it's one or the other when it comes to a CB/WR on the Free Agent market. The 'other' becomes priority#1 with pick number six in the draft.

SLSG Guest

Honestly I see us picking up a WR since it looks like we are not going to be getting Blackmon. I think we'll pick up someone like Vincent Jackson/ Marques Colston and sign Lloyd as the #2 guy so we have weopons for Sam. The only other person I think we will sign is someone like Courtland Finnegan.

Not a huge splash but it's something...

VJax/Colston + Finnegan + Lloyd is not a huge splash ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    VJax/Colston + Finnegan + Lloyd is not a huge splash ?
    well it would be but I was just trying to down play it lol

SLSG Guest

well it would be but I was just trying to down play it lol

That would be a home run if we signed all three. Hope it happens. Need to clear more cap space though. I heard Rams can get close to 20 mill of space if they need to. (cut a few and restructure a few I assume)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

My expectations are that the Rams add one second-tier starting receiver (Colston/Meachem/Manningham), a starting-caliber cornerback (Wright, Porter), and someone who can push for playing time on either the offensive or defensive line. I don't see the Rams shelling out monster contracts to premium players, but I do think they'll be active in terms of addressing some need areas.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think most people in the league think we are getting Jason Jones, DT and he is probably our #1 target since he is very good and we are a realistic landing spot....

I believe we will add a OLB WR and OLineman -- probably not a big name but servicable guys....

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    My expectations are that the Rams add one second-tier starting receiver (Colston/Meachem/Manningham), a starting-caliber cornerback (Wright, Porter), and someone who can push for playing time on either the offensive or defensive line. I don't see the Rams shelling out monster contracts to premium players, but I do think they'll be active in terms of addressing some need areas.
    I'm guessing Colston isn't 2nd tier in contract terms. Garcon would be and he's got borderline 1st tier talent.

I think the O-line will come in the draft and d-line will be a lower, aged veteran. The Rams also need LBers.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I will be very, very surprised if the Rams don't sign at least one FA DT after dumping Bannan and Robbins

Jason Jones will be called up very quickly i feel

emuen is offline Registered User

It's a new coaching staff, but I would like them to take a look at bringing back Atogwe, who have just been released. I know it's not a primary need position, but we don't have ballhawks like him on defense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast