throwback week

schut39 is offline Registered User

What do you guys think about this guy?

Hey guys. As you can see I live in Michigan. I'm a huge fan of MSU and I have been paying attention to Javon Ringer for quite a while now. Steven Jackson is easily one of the best backs in the league, but he has been injured a lot lately, and we should probably get someone to back him up in this draft. Ringer is projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd round, and I think we would be able to get him in the 3rd since we are one of the first picks in the 3rd round.

Some might say that RB isn't a big need for us right now and it is too high of a round for us to pick one, but we need to make sure we got someone that can carry the load for Steven and help us win games when he is out. Pittman and Darby didn't do that for us last season. I think Javon Ringer will be a much more capable running back than our other running backs. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Here's a video to help you decide.

YouTube - RB Javon Ringer Highlights Michigan State 2008

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: What do you guys think about this guy?

I was pretty high on this guy but then one of the people on this site (forgot his name). Anyway he said that Ringer has questionable knees and Rashad Jennings is a better option. Plus Jennnings is bigger and faster.

Il get his name soon it was either Hub or Beastly.

EDIT: I cannot find the post where i asked about Ringer (i did not make the thread). Whoever told me about Ringer's knees step and take your credit.
    Last edited by BarronWade; -03-04-2009 at 06:18 PM.

schut39 is offline Registered User

Re: What do you guys think about this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I was pretty high on this guy but then one of the people on this site (forgot his name). Anyway he said that Ringer has questionable knees and Rashad Jennings is a better option. Plus Jennnings is bigger and faster.

Il get his name soon it was either Hub or Beastly.
    Yeah he had surgery on his knee a few months ago I believe, but when he is healthy he is an extremely tough runner. He was still able to run at the combine after having surgery about a month before. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he is elusive. All we can do is hope his knees won't be a major problem. Also, I think he used to be a projected first round pick, but because of his knees he was brought down a little. If we kept him healthy, I think he would be great.