RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

What do you guys think of these guys?

If we can trade for Jenkins I would prefer to take a flyer on a mid round DT and not a first day DT. I would rather use our high pick on either Anderson, a DB, or a LB. We have seen first hand how many high DTs turn into busts. I would prefer we gamble more on DE, DB, and LB through out the first day.

How do you guys feel about these guys as possible second day picks and what position do you think they would go?

Marcus Thomas

Defensive Tackle | Senior | Florida

Height: 6-23/4 | Weight: 314 | 40-Time: 5.25
    Strengths:
    Has good size and a nice frame...Athletic with great speed...Extremely quick off the snap...An explosive penetrator who will make a lot of plays in the opponents backfield...Mobile and agile with superb range...Good awareness...Experienced with solid production...Has special teams potential and he will block some kicks.

Weaknesses:
    Has major character questions...He is not a dynamic sack artist and has a limited pass rush repertoire...Has a very questionable motor...Lacks a burst to close...Is not overly strong or powerful...Will get pushed back and is not stout at the point of attack...Needs to add some weight...Will not always play with proper leverage.

Notes:
    Suspended for three games in 2006 as the result of a failed drug test and then was later kicked off the team altogether following yet another positive test and a failure to live up to the terms set forth as a condition of his reinstatement...Was a four-year starter...An ideal three-technique...Recorded 30 sacks as a high school senior...A boom or bust type who could end up being a major steal if he can stay out of trouble...A 1st round talent who better be prepared for a Draft Day free fall.

Paul Soliai

Defensive Tackle | Senior | Utah

Height: 6-4 | Weight: 344 | 40-Time: 5.14

Strengths:
    Has fantastic size with a huge frame and terrific bulk...Extremely strong and stout at the point...He is pretty athletic...Moves well and has good range...Can take on multiple blockers...Can really stuff the run...Still developing...Has a ton of upside.

Weaknesses:
    Extremely raw and has only played the position for a couple of years...Not much of a pass rusher...Conditioning and stamina are concerns...Runs hot and cold...Is not quick or explosive and lacks a burst...Intelligence / Character may be issues.

Notes:
    Native of American Samoa...Mother played softball for San Francisco State...JUCO transfer from Coffeyville Community College in Kansas where he was a 1st Team All-American offensive guard...Began his career with the Utes as an o-lineman as well...A potential 3-4 nose tackle...He is still far from a finished product but there is big potential here and he has all the physical tools you look for...Boom or Bust.

keith m. klink Guest

Re: What do you guys think of these guys?

as for thomas , no way at all do i want this guy on my team , total disapointment , is begging , i repeat begging nfl teams to draft him. his drugs and good times are more important than his teammates and carreer . multiple times he failed and too many chances blown . soliea , i think was a little overrated just because of his size , i see more useable talent in this draft , i'm sure someone will take a chance at him as a project , but a team that can do it without a needed position to fill . a project pick .