Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

What do you think about Angelo Crowell at SLB if we released or traded Pisa?

Free agent Angelo Crowell 27 years old 6'1 246 and can play both MLB and SLB. IMO if we move Witherspoon to WLB and could cut/trade Pisa and apply his 2.25 mil cap savings toward a true SLB it would be best for the team. I have not heard of any interest from the team I was just wondering what others thought about him.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: What do you think about Angelo Crowell at SLB if we released or traded Pisa?

some think he can play MLB, so that makes him more valuable to us in my mind. If he checks out healthy, I would definately give him a shot, but more at MLB than SLB

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: What do you think about Angelo Crowell at SLB if we released or traded Pisa?

He's a strong player but coming off surgery probably not now... plus why cut Pisa for 2.2 mil when Crowell would cost the same?

Looks like we might be considering him according to the reports. This would be great if he checks out healthy. I think he will be a fairly cheap signing as well because he is coming off injury. I would still want to draft Curry in the 1st. We could have either Curry or Crowell play MLB and the other play SLB.

Our new LBs:
    SLB Curry 6'3 250
    MLB Crowell 6'1 250
    WLB Witherspoon 6'1 240

We talked about getting bigger and this would help thats for sure. It would be a tough trio that could help stop the run.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -03-11-2009 at 08:04 PM.

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ramssb99 View Post
    looks like we might be considering him according to the reports. This would be great if he checks out healthy. I think he will be a fairly cheap signing as well because he is coming off injury. I would still want to draft curry in the 1st. We could have either curry or crowell play mlb and the other play slb.

Our new lbs:
    Slb curry 6'3 250
    mlb crowell 6'1 250
    wlb witherspoon 6'1 240

we talked about getting bigger and this would help thats for sure. It would be a tough trio that could help stop the run.
    i would be stoked with that. Any moves we make at linebacker can only be good ones. We have one of the worst lb cores in the nfl, make pisa special teams captain and sign crowell for league minimum and draft curry. Thats what i would do.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

If he passes the physical I think it would be a great pick up... but I would then be surprised if we drafted Curry. Two many holes to put that much of our resources into the LBs. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    If he passes the physical I think it would be a great pick up... but I would then be surprised if we drafted Curry. Two many holes to put that much of our resources into the LBs. IMHO
    I think we could still draft Curry and fill most fo our needs fairly well. We really need a couple LBs. Here would be my proposal:
    I would like to get him and then draft Curry MLB 1st and Loadholt RT 2nd. That would give us a big LBs and big OL. I also would have us take a NT later like Samie Lee Hill and Ramses Barden. That still leaves three more picks to do what you want with. They talked about getting bigger now this would be bigger.

Front 7 on D:
    DE - Long 6'3 265
    NT - Ryan 6'3 320 / Hill 6'4 330
    DT -Carriker 6'6 310
    DE - Little 6'3 265

SLB Curry 6'3 250
    MLB Crowell 6'1 250
    WLB Witherspoon 6'1 240

Big 5 on offense:
    LT - Barron 6'7 320
    LG - Greco 6'4 320
    C - Brown 6'3 325
    RG - Incognito 6'3 330
    RT - Loadholt 6'8 335

Big WR:
    Ramses Barden 6'6 230

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Looks like we might be considering him according to the reports. This would be great if he checks out healthy. I think he will be a fairly cheap signing as well because he is coming off injury. I would still want to draft Curry in the 1st. We could have either Curry or Crowell play MLB and the other play SLB.

Our new LBs:
    SLB Curry 6'3 250
    MLB Crowell 6'1 250
    WLB Witherspoon 6'1 240

We talked about getting bigger and this would help thats for sure. It would be a tough trio that could help stop the run.
    It would be a chance to have a solid corps of LB's (if Curry was taken at #2), while we could focus on other needs with the other 6 rounds (OL, DT, CB, WR, switch-hitter RB)

I still think he'd be too good to pass on, if available (Curry)

Our FO has done a great job thus far, IMO. Will be interesting to see how much interest we show Crowell

codeman123 is offline Registered User

if we got crowell, curry, loadholt and barden i'd be a very happy man.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

You and me both.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Curry will change the attitude of our defense for years barring injury!!! Crowell would be a perfect fit at MLB.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I hate to be the party pooper but...

Antonio Crowell sounds good but i havn't heard anything about the Rams beeing intrested in him. I want to make the same argument about napoleon Harris because he is a big MLB 6-3 253 pounds. But i just havn't heard anything from the Rams. Even if Pisa is realeased we pretty much know that spoon will move to WLB and we are just not intrested in any LB.

Loadholt is not a long term nor short term solution at the RT spot. Just because the guy is big doesnt mean he is good. Loadholt commits plenty of false starts and we dont need 2 OTs that keep commiting false starts. Also Loadholt does not fit into Spags 4 pillars. Loadholt lacks character and has some off field issues so i dont think Spags will like to draft him.

Ramses Barden seems really good but he will not be available in the 4th. And if we draft him early 3rd it would be too big of a reach. Cuz i am still doubting him he is coming from Cal Poly not a really good college. But TO came from nowhere and look at his on field production. So it could happen but we just dont have enough film on him. If he slips till the 4th (unlikely) we could get him. But just not in the 3rd.

Aaron Curry seems popular here. But just not to me. I have posts on it so im not going to repeat my opinion on Curry over an OT with the 2nd pick.

Also i view Quin Culberson as a guy with some potential and with Spags teaching and defensive genius you never know Culberson could become a good starter. So the only position i think we need help on is MLB. The only way we are dropping or trading Pisa is if we get a capable MLB in the draft. The way i see it is Pisa staying on the team if we have cap space for all of the picks.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    if we got crowell, curry, loadholt and barden i'd be a very happy man.
    Well said. ditto here.

WHAT SAY YE?

MarshallMarshall Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barronwade View Post
    i hate to be the party pooper but...

Antonio crowell sounds good but i havn't heard anything about the rams beeing intrested in him. I want to make the same argument about napoleon harris because he is a big mlb 6-3 253 pounds. But i just havn't heard anything from the rams. Even if pisa is realeased we pretty much know that spoon will move to wlb and we are just not intrested in any lb.

Loadholt is not a long term nor short term solution at the rt spot. Just because the guy is big doesnt mean he is good. Loadholt commits plenty of false starts and we dont need 2 ots that keep commiting false starts. Also loadholt does not fit into spags 4 pillars. Loadholt lacks character and has some off field issues so i dont think spags will like to draft him.

Ramses barden seems really good but he will not be available in the 4th. And if we draft him early 3rd it would be too big of a reach. Cuz i am still doubting him he is coming from cal poly not a really good college. But to came from nowhere and look at his on field production. So it could happen but we just dont have enough film on him. If he slips till the 4th (unlikely) we could get him. But just not in the 3rd.

Aaron curry seems popular here. But just not to me. I have posts on it so im not going to repeat my opinion on curry over an ot with the 2nd pick.

Also i view quin culberson as a guy with some potential and with spags teaching and defensive genius you never know culberson could become a good starter. So the only position i think we need help on is mlb. The only way we are dropping or trading pisa is if we get a capable mlb in the draft. The way i see it is pisa staying on the team if we have cap space for all of the picks.
    how do you know if cal poly is a good school ???? And how does that have anything to do with barden being good??? Chris gocong came from poly and he starts on the eagles who have a dominant d.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

i dont think its a good school but receivers like TO and jerry rice came from tier 2 schools. barden looks good and had a ridiculous amount of touchdowns, and he would complement a guy like avery very nicely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast