Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: What do you think about Angelo Crowell at SLB if we released or traded Pisa?

Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    i dont think its a good school but receivers like TO and jerry rice came from tier 2 schools. barden looks good and had a ridiculous amount of touchdowns, and he would complement a guy like avery very nicely.
    tHATS EXACTLY MY POINT IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SCHOOL YOU COME FROM, IF YOU CAN PLAY YOU CAN PLAY, PERIOD. YOU THINK SCOUTS ARE SAYING " WELL BARDEN IS A STUD BUT, HE GOES TO POLY".
    YA RIGHT!!!!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: What do you think about Angelo Crowell at SLB if we released or traded Pisa?

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I hate to be the party pooper but...

Antonio Crowell sounds good but i havn't heard anything about the Rams beeing intrested in him. I want to make the same argument about napoleon Harris because he is a big MLB 6-3 253 pounds. But i just havn't heard anything from the Rams. Even if Pisa is realeased we pretty much know that spoon will move to WLB and we are just not intrested in any LB.
    I beg to differ. Yes, the Rams let Chillar walk banking on the potential of Culberson, but by midseason he had been replaced in the lineup by Chris Draft. Our backups are mostly late round draft picks like McGarigle, Chamberlain, and Vobora. The team may not be publicly expressing interest in any specific linebackers, but it is hard for me to believe that the team would not be looking to upgrade if the opportunity presented itself. Crowell's injury concerns could make him an ideal candidate to bring in at a discount price with incentives for playing time. If he has fully recovered, we would have a starter at the strongside for years to come. If not, we minimize our risk.

rams#1 Guest

Ramses barden intrigues me. As you mentioned jerry rice came from Mississipi Valley State, and Terrell Owens Came from Tennessee-Chattanooga. so D2 WR's can make an impact in the NFL. But at 6'6 can he run? what was he's 40 time?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade
    Loadholt commits plenty of false starts
    How many?
    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade
    Loadholt lacks character and has some off field issues
    Like what?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

codeman123 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1 View Post
    Ramses barden intrigues me. As you mentioned jerry rice came from Mississipi Valley State, and Terrell Owens Came from Tennessee-Chattanooga. so D2 WR's can make an impact in the NFL. But at 6'6 can he run? what was he's 40 time?
    i think it was around a 4.5 or something like that. he has long legs so hes probably faster then he looks but with avery and burton who are speed receivers i dont think we have to worry unless his time is really slow.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BarronWade
    I hate to be the party pooper but...

Antonio Crowell sounds good but i havn't heard anything about the Rams beeing intrested in him. I want to make the same argument about napoleon Harris because he is a big MLB 6-3 253 pounds. But i just havn't heard anything from the Rams. Even if Pisa is realeased we pretty much know that spoon will move to WLB and we are just not intrested in any LB

Napoleon Harris is just another Chris Claiborne. and we all remember How He did with the Rams.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallMarshall View Post
    how do you know if cal poly is a good school ???? And how does that have anything to do with barden being good??? Chris gocong came from poly and he starts on the eagles who have a dominant d.
    you quoted me wrong. I put TO not to. TO is Terrel Owens i did say to.

He might be a good WR but i'm doubting him in the early 3rd. if he is there in the 4th for us i wouldnt be mad. It could work it could not. He did not play vs. all the good competition so i'm doubting.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    How many? Like what?
    I dont know the exact number of False starts but he is a false start machine. Let me just put it this way Loadholt will make Alex Barron look like a very focused guy.

His character issued stemmed from 2006 where he was arrested on disorderly conduct. Then arrested again in 2008 on DUI charges. He is also a big guy that intelligence might be an issue and he is hard to teach. And pretty uncoachable.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I dont know the exact number of False starts but he is a false start machine. Let me just put it this way Loadholt will make Alex Barron look like a very focused guy.

His character issued stemmed from 2006 where he was arrested on disorderly conduct. Then arrested again in 2008 on DUI charges. He is also a big guy that intelligence might be an issue and he is hard to teach. And pretty uncoachable.
    Actually, according to several scouts, his snap anticipation was greatly improved in his senior year. And while he has had the two legal issues you mentioned, nowhere has he been described as "uncoachable".

He's not a LT at the next level. That's a legitimate concern.
    He's not going to handle speed rushers well. That's a legitimate concern.

"False start machine"? "Uncoachable"? Not so much.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

Ramses Barden is intriguing on name value alone. I wonder if he is named after the pharoah or the condem.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

If Crowell is healthy (big if) and is willing to accept a modest deal (another big if), then I'd consider signing him.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Pisa. I don't know why you're so hot to get rid of this guy.

Actually, according to several scouts, his snap anticipation was greatly improved in his senior year. And while he has had the two legal issues you mentioned, nowhere has he been described as "uncoachable".

He's not a LT at the next level. That's a legitimate concern.
    He's not going to handle speed rushers well. That's a legitimate concern.

"False start machine"? "Uncoachable"? Not so much.
    your right uncoachable might not be the right word but i am sticking to the False Start Machine.

I just dont like the fact that he might not know much and that his intelligence is a concern because he is not there yet and if Spags is trying to teach somthing to Loadholt is going to listen? Is he going to apply it to the game?

However the 2 legal issues will work toward him very much. Because remember Spags is going to build on 4 pillars and one of them is Character.

Have the Bills made attempts to resign him or is he "not in their plans"?

codeman123 is offline Registered User

i think hes talking to tampa and detroit. Ralph wilson the owner of the bills went off on him last year and said that he quit on the team when he didnt play because of his injury. then he put him on IR even though he said we was only going to miss 4 weeks, so the bills and crowell have absolutely no interest in each other. most of the bills fans love this guy and want him back and are pissed off at management for letting this get in the way. im not sure if the rams are talking to him but they better get their name in the mix before talks heat up with another team.
    Last edited by codeman123; -03-12-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Have the Bills made attempts to resign him or is he "not in their plans"?
    Well have the Rams made attempts to schedule a visit with this guy or is he "not in our plans"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12