Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What do you think about this trade option?

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

What do you think about this trade option?

We know Cleveland is looking to upgrade at the QB spot. We also know that Bradford played well in Shurmer system.

What if the Rams offer Bradford for the Browns 2012 two 1st round picks. The Rams will have to take a cap hit but they will get RGIII and still have 2 more 1st round picks and the 1st pick in day 2.

I like Bradford and do believe he will continue to get better. However, with this young team and Oline I can see RGIII becoming a superstar.

I also believe that Fisher likes the more mobile QB ie McNair, Young...

Go Rams

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: What do you think about this trade option?

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    We know Cleveland is looking to upgrade at the QB spot. We also know that Bradford played well in Shurmer system.

What if the Rams offer Bradford for the Browns 2012 two 1st round picks. The Rams will have to take a cap hit but they will get RGIII and still have 2 more 1st round picks and the 1st pick in day 2.

I like Bradford and do believe he will continue to get better. However, with this young team and Oline I can see RGIII becoming a superstar.

Go Rams
    I dont think there is any way Cleveland would do the deal. I could see them giving up their 1st pick but not both. Bradford will be entering his third year in the league and has had a mixed bag of results. If he would have been good in the second half of games and showed the ability to lead his team back in games then maybe they would. I dont think that Bradford has done anything in the NFL to raise his stock from when he was drafted. In fact I think it has went down some. I don't think they value him more then RG3. Difference is RG3 still has potenital plus he can make things happen with his feet. Bradford has potential going into his third year but don't have the extra dimension RG3 has.

If Cleveland did trade for Bradfrod and gave up their 1st pick only for Bradford then I would take RG3 #2 and Blackmon or Kalil #4. I really dont think we will get any more for Bradford then RG3 because he still has not shown enough of his potential going into year 3 yet.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -01-21-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Not interested. It's not really a possibility from a cap standpoint, but even if it were, the Rams would be guaranteed to get Griffin with the fourth pick as someone could trade with Minnesota.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Young was forced on Fisher by Titans' owner Bud Adams. He wasn't Fisher's choice.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

one of the main reasons Fisher chose St. Louis over Miami was Sam Bradford...Bradford might not be as fast as young or McNair but he is still mobile enough to escape the pocket from time to time

Also like nick said young was not fisher choice...young is the reason fisher is no the titans head coach now

Rambos is offline Registered User

Pass... I will take both their picks and maybe a 4th rd and they can have RGIII

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Not interested. It's not really a possibility from a cap standpoint, but even if it were, the Rams would be guaranteed to get Griffin with the fourth pick as someone could trade with Minnesota.
    I think it actually is doable from a cap perspective. If the post the other day detailing all of the Rams' cap hits for 2012 is correct, his signing bonus is doled out at approximately $3.5M per year. He has 4 years left, and should we trade him, the prorated amount would come due. 4 x 3.5 = $14M, whereas his cap hit is $15.5M. So trading him would, in effect, give us $1.5M in extra cap room.

Now, I think it'd be better if we could turn some of his salary of $12M this year into a bonus($8M), which would raise his cap level the next three years by $2M each, but would save us $6M this year. Then we have room for a couple more free agents and still keep Sam.
    I believe!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

No shot Fisher turns his back on Sam shortly after hyping him up during his media rounds.

xpmar9x is offline Registered User

Silly. I'd keep Bradford and develop him. The saying that "Fisher likes mobile QBs" is a total myth. He prefers pocket passers, and just got lucky with McNair being able to run.

The man started Kerry Collins over VY, just sayin'

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by xpmar9x View Post
    The saying that "Fisher likes mobile QBs" is a total myth. He prefers pocket passers, and just got lucky with McNair being able to run.

The man started Kerry Collins over VY, just sayin'
    Hmmm....interesting. I guess I fell for this myth also. I had always thought that D. McNair was the quintessential QB for the Fisher style of ball.

But you are saying that that is not really the case. I do recall that he played Collins over VY but I thought that was more of an anomaly than anything else.

I guess my question is just what type of QB does Fish prefer?

Does anyone really know?

WHAT SAY YE?

xpmar9x is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Hmmm....interesting. I guess I fell for this myth also. I had always thought that D. McNair was the quintessential QB for the Fisher style of ball.

But you are saying that that is not really the case. I do recall that he played Collins over VY but I thought that was more of an anomaly than anything else.

I guess my question is just what type of QB does Fish prefer?

Does anyone really know?

WHAT SAY YE?
    Well the only person who can answer that is Fish.

Of course we had mobile QBs Vince Young and Steve McNair (at the start of career). But, there was also, Neil O'Donnell, Chris Chandler, Billy Volek, and Kerry Collins.

Fisher started as the HC in 1994 (took over mid-year), McNair was drafted in the following draft (1995). I doubt that Fisher had much say on who the team drafted with their #3 pick as a rookie HC.

Fish is a run first HC, w/ a good D to pair with. Too me Bradford seems like the perfect QB fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I dont think there is any way Cleveland would do the deal. I could see them giving up their 1st pick but not both. Bradford will be entering his third year in the league and has had a mixed bag of results. If he would have been good in the second half of games and showed the ability to lead his team back in games then maybe they would. I dont think that Bradford has done anything in the NFL to raise his stock from when he was drafted. In fact I think it has went down some. I don't think they value him more then RG3. Difference is RG3 still has potenital plus he can make things happen with his feet. Bradford has potential going into his third year but don't have the extra dimension RG3 has.

If Cleveland did trade for Bradfrod and gave up their 1st pick only for Bradford then I would take RG3 #2 and Blackmon or Kalil #4. I really dont think we will get any more for Bradford then RG3 because he still has not shown enough of his potential going into year 3 yet.
    Did you consider that the HC of Cleveland is aware how Bradford fits in his system. Bradford at times looked very comfortable with Shurmer's system.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I certainly don't see RG3 as a Fisher type QB. He is waaaaay to dynamic for Fisher's conservative taste.

So sending Bradford to Cleveland doesn't appear to be a viable option, no matter what the cap implications are.

Fisher likes a run-first offensive scheme, but I doubt his vision includes the QB taking off from the pocket as often as RG3 would be prone to do.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

1) Bradford had a good season for a rookie under Shurmur's system, but it wasn't earth-shattering. I don't think that most scouts would consider the difference in talent between Bradford and RGIII equivalent to the value of an extra first round pick. In fact, I don't even know if the Browns would be willing to do #4 overall straight-up for Bradford.

2) As others have alluded to, one of Fisher's dealbreakers was said to be that he wanted to sign with an organization that had a good quarterback in place. From that perspective, putting Bradford on the trading block would not make a lot of sense. It could also easily turn into a Josh McDaniels/Jay Cutler situation if the Browns didn't immediately hand over their two first round picks.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    1) Bradford had a good season for a rookie under Shurmur's system, but it wasn't earth-shattering. I don't think that most scouts would consider the difference in talent between Bradford and RGIII equivalent to the value of an extra first round pick. In fact, I don't even know if the Browns would be willing to do #4 overall straight-up for Bradford.

2) As others have alluded to, one of Fisher's dealbreakers was said to be that he wanted to sign with an organization that had a good quarterback in place. From that perspective, putting Bradford on the trading block would not make a lot of sense. It could also easily turn into a Josh McDaniels/Jay Cutler situation if the Browns didn't immediately hand over their two first round picks.
    I find your argument interesting because you start off by saying Bradford is not good enough and yet you end your argument with a statement that Fisher choose the Rams because of Bradford?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

No, no, a thousand times no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast