View Poll Results: Potential Draft Outcome that Would Make the Internet Unbearable

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Rams don't take a WR in Round 1

6 13.33%
  • The Niners trade up to the Top 15 and take Tavon Austin

15 33.33%
  • The Rams draft Marcus Lattimore in Round 2

3 6.67%
  • The Rams take Quinton Patton over Williams, Hopkins and Hunter

2 4.44%
  • The Rams pass on Chance Warmack

7 15.56%
  • The Rams take Tavon Austin over Cordarrelle Patterson

3 6.67%
  • The Rams take a LB or DT at #16

4 8.89%
  • Some other PLAUSIBLE outcome that would make the internet explode

5 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What draft weekend outcome would make the internet unbearable for Rams fans?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

What draft weekend outcome would make the internet unbearable for Rams fans?

If there's one thing that you can count on the internet to provide, its knee-jerk reactions to events like the NFL Draft.

Here are a few outcomes that I'm not predicting will happen, but certainly could happen.

Which among these would make the internet unbearable for Rams fans who prefer a thoughtful analysis over knee-jerk reactions?

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: What draft weekend outcome would make the internet unbearable for Rams fans?

Rams draft two defensive players in the first round. Passing on Austin and Warmack to load up on the defense. Leaving Bradford with a skeleton crew.

Head lines: Rams are the new Ravens

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Re: What draft weekend outcome would make the internet unbearable for Rams fans?

As long as they are last years Ravens, I would be happy with that.
    Rambos likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Rams draft two defensive players in the first round. Passing on Austin and Warmack to load up on the defense. Leaving Bradford with a skeleton crew.

Unless of course those players were Sharrif Floyd and Dee Milliner
    Rambos likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

easily the ***** moving up and drafting Austin. Not cause itd mean we had a bad draft by any means, but imagine how often itd be talked about on every site and tv. would be talked about through out the whole draft constantly and would just suck.
    MauiRam likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    easily the ***** moving up and drafting Austin. Not cause itd mean we had a bad draft by any means, but imagine how often itd be talked about on every site and tv. would be talked about through out the whole draft constantly and would just suck.
    That was my choice too.

For the Niners to make such a move, they'd almost certainly have to package their first two picks (#31, #34) in a deal. Would Austin be more valuable than two of the top 35 players in the draft? Probably not. But the national buzz would be that the Niners got the "best playmaker in the draft," and the Rams' knee-jerk brigade would be screaming that "the Niners punked us!" or something to that effect.

If that happens, I may just disconnect my DSL.
    Rambos, Tampa_Ram and Haste like this.

Randart is offline Registered User

If we get Patterson at 16 and they took Austin at 15 I would be happy with that! Dang Niners.... grrrrrrr
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

The internet is barely tolerable as it stands now. Whatever happens will cause an explosion. Was that the right receiver? Was that the right o-lineman? Those darn whiners took Austin! (which is fine by me, sorry I'm kind of a size queen). I think if the Rams get out of round 1 without another WR at all considering some nice talent at the position then I'll just keep football forums at arms length for a while.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That was my choice too.

For the Niners to make such a move, they'd almost certainly have to package their first two picks (#31, #34) in a deal. Would Austin be more valuable than two of the top 35 players in the draft? Probably not. But the national buzz would be that the Niners got the "best playmaker in the draft," and the Rams' knee-jerk brigade would be screaming that "the Niners punked us!" or something to that effect.

It would make the rest of the offseason pretty unbearable, with media outlets giving the Niners an A+++++ grade for their draft. And yes, reading all the emails and comments sent into Jim Thomas and Bernie would make me want to claw my eyes out.

However, if the Rams wait until the second or third round to take a receiver off the board I think a lot of fans will go crazy. Hell, I'd be one of them.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Since the only consensus about this draft seems to be that there is good depth to it through the first 2 rounds at least, the only thing that would bug me would be packaging the first rounders or the 2nd rounder for one player in the top 15.
    Rammed likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

It's pretty funny, as I think the things that would make me go crazy would be what a lot of other people want and vice versa.

I'll be happy if we go heavy on the non-glamour positions like offensive line, defensive tackle, OLB and safety. We need RB and WR talent too, but at no point should we be trading up. We need every available pick we can get, and I'll be happy if we trade down, where I'm sure plenty wil complain that we "didn't grab so and so" when we traded down.

If we go too much on those flashy positions, I'll likely be the one grumbling.
    fearsome foursome likes this.
    I believe!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I'm with Rambos on this if the Rams took 2 defensive players, particularly at those positions it would too much to listen to the the "experts" clamoring that the Rams didn't do anything to add to their offensive scoring capabilities. Now having said that if the Rams took Eric Reid at #22 (he's rising since his pro-day), I'd have no problems because he covers a need for us in the secondary.

As for the *****, they will get the undue amount of attention because they are looked upon as a Super Bowl contender and got there last season. In fact I will prefer the Rams to be under the radar. I think I hate the attention Seattle gets more than the *****, largely because I have such a strong disliking of Pete Carroll, the biggest phoney in football, college or pro.

Go Rams!
    TekeRam likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

Is that to say that we'll be superbowl champs?

Or is that to say we'll have one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history?

Or is that to say both?

I really don't see a downside to that Rambos, although I do get what you're saying.
    Rambos likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That was my choice too.

You can bet that I'd be among the most ticked if that were to happen, because the national media's got nothing on my cousin who's a Fortuniner fan. And we've already had a preliminary debate about it. So count me in on that one.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Its going to be whatever horrible pick every Jets fan thinks their team will make...especially if its a QB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast