Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: what have we actually done with our 2nd and 3rd round picks???

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    It's the same GM and President though Nick. Those two sit and have quite a bit of say in the war room. I honestly think that you will be able to add Wroten to the bust list after 2007 also.

Just a hunch
    Please don't tell me you just said writen will be a bust after next year? You can't really call a guy a bust when he played sparingly in his rookie season and we don't even know his status for next year, and if he is a backup you can't really call him a bust after two years

Built RAM tough

z.nrd Guest

Re: what have we actually done with our 2nd and 3rd round picks???

It's not the same "we."

Those are Martz drafts.

Martz, Smith, and Armey (Martz listened to Smith on drafting defense).

Now, it's Linehan, Softli, and Haslett.

Softli actually has an excellent record drafting in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If you look back at all his drafts in Carolina, from 2000-2006, there is not a single bust in the bunch. One or two guys lost to injury. One or two guys who are just depth. But a high percentage of hits, including guys like Jenkins, Smith, and Witherspoon.

Last year without Softli, it seems to me Linehan landed a good player in round 2 (Klopfenstein), and one potentially good player in round 3 (Wroten). I don't like Byrd, and Alston remains an unknown.

But that gets us back to Softli. Softli's record in rounds 2 and 3 is excellent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12