Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Re: What have we learned today?

Well the Eagles have clearly stated the price of their QBs. Mcnabb is not a long term answer and couldn't get the Eagles with all their offensive firepower to the big game, let alone us. The Eagles want an arm and a leg for Kolb who is THEIR QB of the future, they are asking for two first rounders which we don't even have. Even if they settled for something else it would be half of our draft picks to get this so called "proven" guy who has two official regular season starts....

Vick is 30 and hasn't proven anything except he can't pass for 60% of his passes and that his speed, his most valuable commodity, is slowly deteriorating (btw our offense demands accuracy..)

Its fairly reasonable that the Rams might (though i doubt) have inquired early in the process but since given up on that when the Eagles lost their minds and put crazy high tenders on their guys...

We can't prove anything we don't see hear or sense. Its called beyond a reasonable doubt...

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

See what Devaney meant was they did not contact the eagles about trading OJ Atogwe... but of course we are working on getting mcnabb, he just has to talk them down a bit first.

I mean whats the rush? McNabb is in the last year of his deal, so if Philly wants any value for him, they have to trade him this year. Billy D is playing the whole who will blink first game.

I'm thinking we might even be able to snag him for our high third after Bradford dominates at his Pro Day and the Eagles see hopefully their only trade partner start to balk.

This rumor isn't going to die that easy AV!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I have no doubt that people will continue to discuss this. However, at this point, there is no reason to assume that the Rams are interested in McNabb. If Bradford performs well next week, I think it will all be a moot issue.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring both McNabb and draft Bradford. For those of you who are under the impression that rookies learn from vets, in the QB case I think they actually do. How great would it be for Bradford to sit and learn the system that the Rams currently use from the guy it was built around in the first place? I think if Bradford is going to be our pick and the QB for the future, a second round pick for the experience he would receive is highly worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring both McNabb and draft Bradford. For those of you who are under the impression that rookies learn from vets, in the QB case I think they actually do. How great would it be for Bradford to sit and learn the system that the Rams currently use from the guy it was built around in the first place? I think if Bradford is going to be our pick and the QB for the future, a second round pick for the experience he would receive is highly worth it.
    So you want the Rams to use their first and second draft choices (along with $3 million paid to Feeley) on QBs?

Yep, I do. It's a QB league and if the Rams are going to contend in this league, you have to get the QB position right. You can fudge at WR, DT, even RB but the QB you can't. As bad as this team has been at that position lately, I think it's a great idea.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Then maybe we should draft Bradford, deal for McNabb, and use our 3rd rounder on a QB as well............just to make sure.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

I'm gonna have to agree that we can't trust Devaney, he's trying to sow confussion and scare up a trade. But in this instance, I believe him. A second round pick for an old dude is not gonna jive with the FO. We're rebuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Then maybe we should draft Bradford, deal for McNabb, and use our 3rd rounder on a QB as well............just to make sure.
    Gosh, you disagree with you lot and you try to make everyone out that does to be a dumb arse.

Sorry you can't see the logic HUb. It isn't my best way to go for the Rams but if they did I could see the logic in it.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And keep Bulger.

And hire Kurt Warner as Assistant QBs Coach.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Yep, I do. It's a QB league and if the Rams are going to contend in this league, you have to get the QB position right. You can fudge at WR, DT, even RB but the QB you can't. As bad as this team has been at that position lately, I think it's a great idea.
    Take your medicine and remember your helmet.

>>>

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tx
    Gosh, you disagree with you lot and you try to make everyone out that does to be a dumb arse.
    Guess I'm not following here, tx. Not understanding the "you disagree with you" line, and frankly I can't make anyone out to be a dumb arse; one's own comments are all that can do that.

But let's talk about the actual content.
    Sorry you can't see the logic HUb. It isn't my best way to go for the Rams but if they did I could see the logic in it.
    I'm sorry, too; because you're right.....I don't see the logic in this. With all the holes this team has, this would use the first two selections to fill one hole.

You said yourself it isn't the best way to go for the Rams..........so how 'bout we look at what IS the best way? What do you feel that would be?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I must confess I fail to see the logic in sinking something like a 3rd of our payroll in a position that can only have one player playing at a given time when we have so many holes elsewhere.

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

just a thought, why would you want a guy that was injury prone played behind a dominant o line, played a formation where he wasnt sacked often on a team that liked to run up the score (aka 60 point average per game in 2008, kept starters in until last minute) take the guy who's knees havent bothered him in the 50 plus straight games he has played in and has stats that are comparable or better than some of the top defenses in the nation (texas, alabama, florida)

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    just a thought, why would you want a guy that was injury prone played behind a dominant o line, played a formation where he wasnt sacked often on a team that liked to run up the score (aka 60 point average per game in 2008, kept starters in until last minute) take the guy who's knees havent bothered him in the 50 plus straight games he has played in and has stats that are comparable or better than some of the top defenses in the nation (texas, alabama, florida)
    I'd take the injury prone one, because the defensive one won't win games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast