Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: What have we learned today?

Bradford isn't necessarily injury prone. He was really only hurt his Senior year and he came back too soon.

Now, about why I would like McNabb, or better yet could see the logic behind it. I think it would fast track Bradford to become a starter. I don't want to throw Bradford out there in game 1 with this O line. However, if we go into the season with Bradford and whoever is on the roster, Bradford is going to play. Bulger won't be here, too much damage. This offense is something McNabb could really help Bradford with.

It's a QB league no matter what you guys think. The rules that are in place now, I'd hate to think how many yards Jerry Rice would have if Montana couldn't get touched. QB has become even more important than before. You put the right guy in there at the right time....that's huge. Out of this group, Bradford is the right guy but I just don't think it would be the right time. Let him watch one year under McNabb then let him have the ball.

In this day and age, to me, I could see why it would be worth a 2nd round pick. 5 years ago? Probably not. Now, it makes sense.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: What have we learned today?

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Bradford isn't necessarily injury prone. He was really only hurt his Senior year and he came back too soon.

Now, about why I would like McNabb, or better yet could see the logic behind it. I think it would fast track Bradford to become a starter. I don't want to throw Bradford out there in game 1 with this O line. However, if we go into the season with Bradford and whoever is on the roster, Bradford is going to play. Bulger won't be here, too much damage. This offense is something McNabb could really help Bradford with.

It's a QB league no matter what you guys think. The rules that are in place now, I'd hate to think how many yards Jerry Rice would have if Montana couldn't get touched. QB has become even more important than before. You put the right guy in there at the right time....that's huge. Out of this group, Bradford is the right guy but I just don't think it would be the right time. Let him watch one year under McNabb then let him have the ball.

In this day and age, to me, I could see why it would be worth a 2nd round pick. 5 years ago? Probably not. Now, it makes sense.
    Except the NFL really selectively enforces that rule. Yeah, you're in trouble if you ding Manning or Brady, but you can throw our QBs across the field by the neck and get nary a slap on the wrist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123