Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What I Hope Happens

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: What I Hope Happens

Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    I enjoyed your take on the draft and our OL Sosa, I feel drafting Evans is not giving up on Quick. It would however probably be the end for Pettis as Evans would be doing the Red Zone thing with Quick and our TE's. I think Evans is a upgrade over Pettis every day in the week and I like Pettis. Wonder what he would get us in trade? Something to consider on day 2 or 3 if we want to trade back up into a round. Good job on the draft, one more thing I thought of is XSF the highest rated Guard you got at that point in the draft? I am a UCLA fan but I think there are at least 3 other guys in this draft I would grade higher.
    I really like Su'a Filo as a player. I would have him ranked probably #2 or #3 on the OG list. I think Yankey goes late first though. XSF has an incredible balance and can get to the second level very quickly.

THE DREAM TEAM

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: What I Hope Happens

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Precisely GC. I think Mike Evans will be a very good WR down the road, if he grows up his route running and matures emotionally. He was as much a function of the Johnny Manziel "rodeo" at A&M as Manziel himself. There are other WR's in this draft who can offer much of what Evans gives us without the other stuff. While the combine isn't everything it will go a long way in deciding if Evans is worthy of a middle 1st round pick or higher.

I further agree with your point about Brian Quick. We've invested 2 years with him learning the system, why give up on it now? Don't forget Les Snead has his fingerprints on selecting him, I doubt he's ready to throw in the towel. A year from now, maybe.

Go Rams!
    Every WR in this draft needs help with route running. No college receiver will ever come out and just be good to go with it. The thing that separates Evans from some other guys are his hands and his ability to win tightly contested footballs. He is the best in the class at it. Remember what happened the last time we passed on someone that could do all this but might not care much about football? Yeah, we took Brian Quick over Alshon Jeffery. I'm not making that mistake again!

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12