View Poll Results: If the Rams never selected Bradford, which QB would you want?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blaine Gabbert

10 33.33%
  • Cam Newton

3 10.00%
  • Jake Locker

0 0%
  • Ryan Mallett

4 13.33%
  • None of the above (hope to land Andrew Luck in 2012)

13 43.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What if (the Rams never took Braford and) we were choosing our QB this year?

If the Rams never took Sam Bradford, and had the first pick in this draft, which QB would you want the Rams to end up with?

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: What if (the Rams never took Braford and) we were choosing our QB this year?

I really don't see any of the QB's in this draft being "franchise" QB's. I'm sure I'll be wrong and one of them will turn out, but I'm just not sold on any of them. If the Rams could pull it off, I'd have them wait and get Luck next year.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: What if (the Rams never took Braford and) we were choosing our QB this year?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    I really don't see any of the QB's in this draft being "franchise" QB's. I'm sure I'll be wrong and one of them will turn out, but I'm just not sold on any of them. If the Rams could pull it off, I'd have them wait and get Luck next year.
    While I agree with your theory, I would hate to think about the Rams getting the #1 pick three years in a row! Yikes!

But let's go with that.....

How nice would our roster look with Donkey Kong Suh, Patrick Peterson, and Andrew Luck? I got a little hypothetical chill.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

But to answer the question AV asked, I'd say Gabbert. Can anyone see DeSpags trying to sell Newton as a "pillars" kind of guy? And who is spending a top pick on Locker and Mallett with all their question marks?

Gotta be Gabby.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    While I agree with your theory, I would hate to think about the Rams getting the #1 pick three years in a row! Yikes!

But let's go with that.....

How nice would our roster look with Donkey Kong Suh, Patrick Peterson, and Andrew Luck? I got a little hypothetical chill.
    I'm pretty sure Devaney and Spags would've been fired by the end of the 2010 season and with that comes a risk of hiring another Linehan and Zygmunt in our front office that could potentially put the players being utilized the wrong way.

Anyways I went with Andrew Luck, I like what the kid can do and I really hope the team with the 1st overall pick next year isn't from the NFC West. He has NFL ready intangibles but Bradford will still and always be a better QB than him, should be interesting though with Bradford and Luck being the next big QB rivalry like Brady and Manning.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Kind of funny when you think that there were a few detractors who moaned over the ultra-talented Locker being available this year, who was clearly a consensus pick over Bradford, and now he's a mid-1st rounder, maybe.

That said, I'd have to go with Gabbert, no doubt, except I hate the way he carries himself. I see too much Rivers in him, which would be fine if he was as good as Rivers, but I don't think he will be.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Also I'd like to note that quite a few in the anti-Bradford camp claimed that this year had much better QB talent, and now this year comes along and it's next year that has the QB talent because X player who surely won't have his stock drop at all is coming out. It's the same every year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If the Rams had passed on Bradford last year and had the first pick in the draft this year, then my preference out of this year's group would be either Gabbert or Locker, though I'm much more a fan of Luck as a prospect. That being said, it's hard for me to believe a class of, say, Suh, Saffold, and McCoy would have only managed one more win from 2009's season total and another first overall pick.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I picked luck because that was the only option I even remotely liked.

I know where we would be if we hadn't chose bradford looking at a 0 and 16 season and not having a qb option that sticks out well enough to deserve the number one pick. Im glad we got our qb for a years to come

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I voted Cam Newton, but the QB I really like in this draft is Colin Kapernick. If he develops and fills out his lanky frame he reminds me alot of a more mobile Josh Freeman or Big Ben

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Life without Bradford? Blasphemous!!!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I'd prefer one of the late 1st/early 2nd round guys like Kaepernick, Ponder or Dalton

Mallet i don't think fits within the four pillars

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

I don't know what QB to take, all I know is that I would be yelling "SSSSSUUUUUUUHHHHHH!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I'd prefer one of the late 1st/early 2nd round guys like Kaepernick, Ponder or Dalton

Mallet i don't think fits within the four pillars
    I'm not sure he can count to 4.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Trade down to the bottom 3rd of the 1st round, pick up a 3rd and draft Dalton. 'Nuff said.
    I believe!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast