Bing69 is offline Registered User

What if we pick Suh, where does Bradford go?

Just as the title says. If we go Suh at no.1, where will Bradford land? Lions, Bucs, Redskins, Chiefs have their QB. Unless the skins pick him then sit him behind McNabb for a year or he could fall to the Browns.

Now i know the chances are Bradford is our guy, but for the purpose of this, where do you think he would go if we didnt pick him??

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: What if we pick Suh, where does Bradford go?

I think there would be trade up, i strongly doubt he would make it to #7 as he would never make it past seattle at 6.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I'd say the most likely scenario is the Washington trades down to #7, Cleveland goes to #4 and picks him.

The way I figure it, Detroit and Tampa probably don't want to move all the way to 7 themselves, not great value for their needs there (Although I would argue Detroit needs a tackle, but indications are they disagree). Seattle would probably snag him at #6 because he would be a great value there and too hard to pass up. Cleveland realizes this and deals up to #4 to make sure they get him, Washington does this because they can still get the offensive tackle they need at #7, and they can get some more picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd where they have none right now.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Berg8309 View Post
    I'd say the most likely scenario is the Washington trades down to #7, Cleveland goes to #4 and picks him.

The way I figure it, Detroit and Tampa probably don't want to move all the way to 7 themselves, not great value for their needs there (Although I would argue Detroit needs a tackle, but indications are they disagree). Seattle would probably snag him at #6 because he would be a great value there and too hard to pass up. Cleveland realizes this and deals up to #4 to make sure they get him, Washington does this because they can still get the offensive tackle they need at #7, and they can get some more picks in the 2nd and/or 3rd where they have none right now.
    That seems to make sense, Berg. Cleveland would probably work that route and end up with SamBee.

I wouldn't mind the Rams getting Suh! Wouldn't mind at all. But we would sure need to have the right plans layed out for the BQBA on our next pick. Or else...

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

I wouldn't mind the Rams getting Suh! Wouldn't mind at all. But we would sure need to have the right plans layed out for the BQBA on our next pick. Or else...
    Right, I think that would be a major concern, as well as a concern that we'd have to trade up into the 1st to grab McCoy. I personally don't believe Suh/McCoy is a good enough option to give up potentially starting quality players in the 3rd, not if we can get Bradford/#33 BPA at defense and still pick in the 3rd.

yea, the 3rd isn't a a barrel full of talent, but at least this draft is deep and we have a ton of holes. I'd rather we only trade back, not up.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Right, I think that would be a major concern, as well as a concern that we'd have to trade up into the 1st to grab McCoy. I personally don't believe Suh/McCoy is a good enough option to give up potentially starting quality players in the 3rd, not if we can get Bradford/#33 BPA at defense and still pick in the 3rd.

yea, the 3rd isn't a a barrel full of talent, but at least this draft is deep and we have a ton of holes. I'd rather we only trade back, not up.
    It wouldn't necessarily cost us the 3rd to get ahead of Minnesota. The 4th could be all it would take.

garver is offline Registered User

what is Pitt would trade Big Ben for our #2 round this draft and #2 round pick next year?

garver is offline Registered User

Big Ben and Suh sound very good to me, rumors are Rooney family disappointed in Big Ben and will listen to offers.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I could see the Browns trading up. Otherwise, Washington might still take him, McNabb not withstanding. Donovan will probably only be starting for the next 2-3 years, and the Redskins would like to think that they won't be picking this early again in that time.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Agreed. Washington needs picks and could still get a good OT with a small trade down. Cleveland has picks and are open to trading up for Bradford. That looks like a good match if the Rams didn't take Sam.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!