• OLB depth/possible starter

0 0%
  • CB depth/possible starter

0 0%
  • Starting FS

3 8.33%
  • Other need (descibe)

2 5.56%
  • I'm confident that all of these needs will be filled.

3 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What need are you concerned that the Rams might NOT address in the draft?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What need are you concerned that the Rams might NOT address in the draft?

Is there a need that you think might not be filled in the draft?

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: What need are you concerned that the Rams might NOT address in the draft?

it's more like i'm concerned in the later rounds that they could pick someone in one position when another person from a different position could have served a far better purpose

so kind of like the draft all the way through...but more so, like i said, with rounds 4 and above

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    All these needs can be filled however I don't see them getting 2 offensive lineman in the first 2 days so I went with starting calibre guard.
    HUbison likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Big WR was my choice. I've written several times that I would like to see us add Sammy Watkins or alternatively Mike Evans. My concern is based on my sense that we need to score more points.

While I do agree there's a priority on shoring up our OL and DL, we need to get someone that DC's will lose sleep over or who will force defenses to adjust for. Right now that person hasn't emerged in my opinion, although I suspect Tavon Austin and Jared Cook will start to become that next season. I still feel we need to have a true #1 WR and Jeff and Les are being too patient with Brian Quick. I agree he should be given a chance to develop, but what if he doesn't, do we go another season with a subpar outside receiving game? I trust their judgment and suspect they will make the correct moves.

Go Rams!

fearsome foursome is online now Registered User

I went with OT but more to be a future replacement for the injured Long than a replacement for Barksdale. I feel like we have more potential depth at wide receiver and will be OK if we don't add one. CB was a close second for me since that is another area that we could use depth.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I'm worried they wont get a Center of the future to replace Wells.
    I think Jones might be the LG of the future.
    The Rams need another Big WR?

Mikey is offline Registered User

Voted other for OLine depth. I feel confident they'll get somebody who can step in and play LG as a rookie. But the common thought on a lot of Rams boards is that Long will be healthy to start the season and he and Saffold will stay healthy throughout the year. I worry the Rams will think this also and not draft enough OLine and quality OLine who will be able to start as rookies. It's just as likely we could need three rookies starting as only one.
    fearsome foursome likes this.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

You have to hope that at least four fourth through seventh rounders make the team and become top backups at least, maybe even one a starter.

The Rams will get two instant starters with superstar potential, and another starer in round two, two of them if they deal down.

I would look hard, very hard at the QBs still there in round three, maybe even making a deal to move up from 75 to get a second tier passer in this deep crop.

My guess is that they do deal down, to Atlanta, and then they go OT, S, CB, and G with the four first and second rounders.

Then they can go QB in round three, again maybe using a fifth and sixth to move up for a guy like Murray or Savage. .

Round four through seven would be OLB, RB, WR, DT, OL, DB as the board falls.
    Barry Waller

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    You have to hope that at least four fourth through seventh rounders make the team and become top backups at least, maybe even one a starter.

The Rams will get two instant starters with superstar potential, and another starer in round two, two of them if they deal down.

I would look hard, very hard at the QBs still there in round three, maybe even making a deal to move up from 75 to get a second tier passer in this deep crop.

My guess is that they do deal down, to Atlanta, and then they go OT, S, CB, and G with the four first and second rounders.

Then they can go QB in round three, again maybe using a fifth and sixth to move up for a guy like Murray or Savage. .

Round four through seven would be OLB, RB, WR, DT, OL, DB as the board falls.
    That's great, Barry. Maybe next time, you'll actually respond to the question posed by the thread.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    I went with OT but more to be a future replacement for the injured Long than a replacement for Barksdale.
    Agreed. My concern is that the Rams pass on the opportunity to add a real elite caliber blind side protector for Sam.
    MauiRam likes this.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

I would have to say WR, but its a pick your poison. Its a pretty safe bet that all will be covered in the draft but where the elite players will be picked up will be for OL and DBs. We are going to have a great draft, no doubt. It will be a pick your poision to find out what combination we go after. Seems now with Clowney almost a lock at Houston that we will also be locked with Robinson/Matthews and HA HA. So WR willl have to come later. Still think it would be cool to get Watkins, then Dennard/Fuller(he is rising FAST), then Moses in the 2nd hopefullly with a trade so we can get Buchanon too.

Randart is online now Registered User

I went RB I worry that Fish thinks Stacy can carry the load and stay healthy! That scares me allot! Would love to draft Hill or as a second choice Hyde to suppliment Zac and keep the guy hopefully in more games next season. And we can throw in Bam Bam and the smaller guys as change ups. I fear if we go as is, then we see what we saw last season allot of beat the heck up RB's, leaving us without a healthy guy to go in some games. And when we were down to just Peadster he did not get called on but we tried to pass our way out of a couple games that failed horriably!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Personally, I worry that Fisher is going to trust his ability to find defensive backs in the middle rounds and turn them into starters. We've got holes at CB and at FS and I worry that we'll spend our prime picks on the first and second days on yet another rookie wide receiver or a pass rusher instead of shoring up the glaring weakness of the defense. My first priority is the offensive line, but that secondary is probably my second biggest area, and I worry that Fisher is overconfident in his abilities to rate his former trade.
    Randart likes this.
    I believe!

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I can see us going OT and Safety with our first 2 picks. And after that its too late to get that Big WR. So we might go this season with what we have and draft a WR next year, IF needed.

kman is offline Registered User

I picked big WR because I don't think they will take Watkins and wont be in position to get Evans..i think they will stick with that they got @ WR after signing Britt, maybe a late round guy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast