Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

What receiver do you guys think will be brought in once Holt is gone....

my guess would be Amani Toomer. Your guys thoughts?

MarshallMarshall Guest

Re: What receiver do you guys think will be brought in once Holt is gone....

My guess is a mid round draft pick. We're getting younger, bringing in Toomer wouldn't be getting younger. If we do bring in a FA I think it will be a young guy.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think it was unorthodox who posted something about Marvin Harrison. I didn't think of him at all until he mentioned it and I think Harrison would be a nice fit here. Low salary, possession receiver who still has CB's respect.

#39 Fan Guest

I think we may find a WR in the draft as well. Hadn't thought about Harrison. Wouldn't be a bad fit

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

They might sign a veteran to a one-year deal to provide experience/depth, but I think the Rams will look to find another potential starter in Round 2 or 3 of the draft.

I also would not completely count out Crabtree. If (1) Curry goes #1 to Detroit and (2) the Rams think they can fill the voids at MLB and OT in Rounds 2 and 3, they might pull the trigger on MC.

Mooselini Guest

Heyward-Bey.

Keep Looker around for one more year for veteran help, but get Heyward-Bey.

tonyray05 Guest

I like Harrison also, class guy like Holt, Bruce. Bey would be nice but there bigger needs in the draft.

Rambos is offline Registered User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Harrison also, class guy like Holt, Bruce.
    Well he does have that little shooting thing...

tonyray05 Guest

Forgot about that part, speaking about his on field demeanor not his off the field antics. How many years ago did that happen??

rams#1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tonyray05 View Post
    Forgot about that part, speaking about his on field demeanor not his off the field antics. How many years ago did that happen??
    It actually Happend before last season started, so not quite a year yet.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Heyward-Bey.

Keep Looker around for one more year for veteran help, but get Heyward-Bey.
    I don't think this is going to happen, but my goodness it would be great if it did.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I like a guy like Juaquin Iglesias in the third round, if he's there.

Ramone is offline Registered User

We should bring none. In fact, I think that we should keep Torry, of course, if he wants to stay. There's no FA wide receiver, who can replace him, even if we take his last season play/numbers (his worst season) as a marker. Tell me, who would that be? Toomer? Harrison? Brandon Jones!!? No way. However, we'll hardly spent serious money on FA receiver, if we acquire one and that's good. And additions like Jones would look like, as somebody here mentioned before, 'Reche 'The Eyes' Caldwell' kind of upgrade. Another option, more serious, is to draft somebody in third, perhaps, but does anyone here believe that some of those guys can replace Holt, not next season than in a million years. It's not everything in hypothesis 'to get younger'. Cap space is another thing, but somebody must to eat it, better Holt, than Drew Bennett, don't you think? Question of receivers is very touchy, just remember how easily we get rid of Curtis and replace him with Bennett. I didn't like that from the very first moment, but I couldn't even suppose how bad this move will turn to be. OK, with solidifying our OL we should get better production in the air, but we shouldn't let to improve in one area of offense and lost in another. Bulger has to throw balls to somebody and Avery wouldn't be enough (beside my belief that Burton will step up). Matter in fact, this slowing down of Holt, last season, could also be catalyzed by our miserable situation in receiving corps, especially after McMichael get injured (except Donnie, what kind of support he had up there? Fells? Dante? Unavoidable Drew?). All I want from next season are competitive Rams, not a 'Dolphins miracle'. To watch team (and literally 'to watch', since, here in Serbia, I had zero opportunities to watch my Rams on our TV channels. They don't want to televise 5-27 team. Unfortunately) who won't be pushed around, allowed to score a single field goal per game. I really don't know how we'll get more serious in area of offense if we are 'so in' to let Holt go. Of course, even if he stays, we should draft a WR, in 4th or 5th if somebody drops (as Keenan drops to us, last year) to us and, as always, somebody will. No FA receivers, we badly gulped with one and we don't need another, just through the draft, but Holt should stay, anyway.
    But, after all these years of frustrations during the FA-draft period and terrorizing by our own front office, our new crew (FO, coach) came as a big relief and they have my trust. If it's necessary to release or trade Holt, than it's necessary. If I succeed to overcome (did I?) Bruce in red, than I will survive anything! What ever happen, next season, season after and all those seasons to come, I'll always know my colors.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I would like Britt or Nicks.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Theres alot of talk on here about old pretty much washed up character guys. Just be prepaired once Holt leaves our receiver corps won't be able to compete next season. They are gonna be a joke. We are gonna have to the run the ball. There's just no other way....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast