bruce4life is offline Registered User

what runningbacks in the later rounds

could the Rams possibly get value in? I'm looking at all of these runningbacks who could fill the rams void as a change of pace back. Andre Brown, the guy out of Liberty( Richard jennings i think), or what about the guy out of Colorado state Johnson... he looks like a 3rd down back or a FB

schut39 is offline Registered User

Re: what runningbacks in the later rounds

The guy from Liberty is Rashad Jennings. I like the guy. He is a big running back at 231 pounds and 6'1". He kind of reminds me of Steven Jackson in size. He was a top performer in bench press so that shows that he has good upper body strength. I think he would be a good late round pick up for a back up running back.

djdeeznutz Guest

Ive been making the case for this guy for a long time now. His name is DEVIN MOORE he is the RB out of wyoming.

Devin Moore is the exact opposite of S-Jax that is why we should take him.

We can take Moore in the 6th then Quinn Johnson in the 7th.

Action Jackson:

-6-2 (Big Back) 235 pounds

-He will run through LBs and and just stiff arm DBs.

-Instead of running out of bounds he will take the hit and get the extra yards.

-A feature back with great durability

-Will make his own hole in the OL if his lineman cannot.

-Great for short yards

Devin Moore:

-5-10 (small guy) 190 pounds

-He will run away from LBs and use his nasty juke to make DBs tackle nothing but air.

-Will run out of bounds instead of taking the hit. Cannot take many big hits. (Weakness)

-Change of pace back that does not have much durability (wont need much behind Leonard and S-Jax)

-Finds the hole in the OL quickly and bursts though it.

-Sux at converitng on those 3rd and shorts.

Moore is also perfect for the WCO:

-Good hands
    -Loves to catch the ball
    -Loves running routes however did not get much of a chance in Wyoming
    -Extremley good in screen pases(a stable in the WCO)

Did i mention:
    -He also has great kick return skills.
    -Is not invited to the combine (weakness)

You mention this Moore guy. We already have a player in the mold of Kenneth Darby who in my opinion did quite fine last season

schut39 is offline Registered User

A running back that I like and think we could pick up in possibly the 7th round is Mike Goodson from Texas A&M. He is projected to go in the 7th round or in free agency giving us a chance to grab him. He ran his 40 in the mid 4.5's which is decent speed for a running back. He also has exceptional kick and punt return abilities. The only reason I think we should draft another running back is because I don't think Antonio Pittman is the permanent answer as a back up running back. I like Kenneth Darby though. I would like it if it looked like this Steven Jackson - Brian Leonard - Mike Goodson/Kenneth Darby. The only thing I like more about Goodson is that he is slightly faster than Darby because we all know that Darby doesn't have blazing speed.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    You mention this Moore guy. We already have a player in the mold of Kenneth Darby who in my opinion did quite fine last season
    I think Darby has a mild case of FUMBLITUS and also, wasn't he the one that got tackle by that REF last year?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

djdeeznutz Guest

could the Rams possibly get value in? I'm looking at all of these runningbacks who could fill the rams void as a change of pace back. Andre Brown, the guy out of Liberty( Richard jennings i think), or what about the guy out of Colorado state Johnson... he looks like a 3rd down back or a FB

You make no sence what so ever. Change of Pace means that the Rb is a different style thent the RB before him. Like Chris Johnson (fast) and Lendel White (Power).

U asked a question about what RBs we can get in the later rounds that will be Change of Pace backs.

If we get a big guy then how are we changing pace in a back from Action Jackson? Andre Brown is power guy. S-Jax is also a Power guy. Garthell Johnson is also a power guy. i thought u wanted change of pace?

Then when i suggest a Change of pace back in Devin Moore u say he have Darby already in the Mold. So what u mean is we already have a change of pace back in the mold.

I did mention a change of pace back. But the Johnson guy Mayock and Faulk mentioned that he could be an H-back/Fb in the pros. Did you see that guy running the 40 wow hes huge. We need a FB now that we're running the WCO
    Last edited by bruce4life; -02-22-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: needed more

djdeeznutz Guest

I did mention a change of pace back. But the Johnson guy Mayock and Faulk mentioned that he could be an H-back/Fb in the pros. Did you see that guy running the 40 wow hes huge. We need a FB now that we're running the WCO
    yea we really need a RB/FB. A one that is not slow. That has some hieght. That can step in and be a RB when action Jackson is injured.

O wait why dont we just take Brian Leonard from Rutgers he is a projected 2nd rounder in the 2006 draft. O yea cuz we already did.

Why would we take Johnson when we have Leonard who doesnt have much trade value (his injury) and a guy who we took in the 2nd round in 2006?

Its a new regime under control, one that we have no clue where they value our current talent and roster at all... This is a thread of pure speculation not on whats gonna happen or what will happen but we as posters would like to see happen.

MarshallMarshall Guest

I like Tyrell Sutton from Northwestern. His combine wokout wasn't to impressive. But I watched a handful of Northwestern games this year and every game Sutton impressed me.

coachalgreer is offline Registered User

After seeing him live yesterday, I would not mind having Garthell Johnson hold one of our roster spots. He is a CREATURE!!!! Why not smash faces at the point of attack. Running backs like Garthell and Steven J tend to find it easy to impose their will on defenses in the second half of games. Not sure if we can get him as we have many other pressing needs but I would not be upset if we came away with him. We could call our backfield tandem "Assult and Battery." lol.

djdeeznutz Guest

Its a new regime under control, one that we have no clue where they value our current talent and roster at all... This is a thread of pure speculation not on whats gonna happen or what will happen but we as posters would like to see happen.
    Ma bad bro

i appoligize if u took it the wrong way all i was trying to say is that we dont need a RB/FB cuz we already have Brian Leonard. And i dont think just cuz itz a new regime that they will give up on Leonard cuz we invested to much in him and he hasnt even got the right amount of playing time last season because he was injured. Leonard also has solid hands and can make the the catch out of the backfield in the West Coast Offence.

Darby is good but way to sloppy and i dont think he will ever be good at running the football. He could block but i rather have RB that is not trying out to be a OL.

Devin Moore fills a viod in kick returns. Derek Stanley is good but who is our 2nd option? That is why we need Moore. Moore can also catch the ball out of the backfield and run clean routes. He is the exact opposite of Action Jackson that is why he would make a good Change of Pace back.

Again im sorry bro we cool?

Quote Originally Posted by coachalgreer View Post
    After seeing him live yesterday, I would not mind having Garthell Johnson hold one of our roster spots. He is a CREATURE!!!! Why not smash faces at the point of attack. Running backs like Garthell and Steven J tend to find it easy to impose their will on defenses in the second half of games. Not sure if we can get him as we have many other pressing needs but I would not be upset if we came away with him. We could call our backfield tandem "Assult and Battery." lol.
    I just dont see why people want to get a RB that has Power like our Feature back Action Jackson. Cuz when another team is preparing to face the Rams it is a whole lot easier to plan agaist 1 style (power) it is hard to plan agiasnt Power and Speed. Just look at the Panthers and Titans last year. Power and Speed. Smash and Dash.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

There was alot of good points in this thread on who we should take in the draft.
    I for one hope we don't draft a RB or a FB in draft. I think you can find a good FB as a undrafted freeagent.
    With the WCO being ran now Brian Leonard would be great a backup to S. J. .
    The Rams have to many needs to draft a position that we have plenty of talent on. They're not all superstars but good talent.