Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By GROUND DOG 39
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram
  • 1 Post By ludairv
  • 1 Post By RuffRams
  • 1 Post By GROUND DOG 39
  • 1 Post By RuffRams
  • 2 Post By GROUND DOG 39

Thread: What should our second pick be in the draft?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

What should our second pick be in the draft?

Regardless if we trade down or we have the 2nd pick in the 2nd round what position should we address? It is a given the majority of us think that WR or OT will be our first pick but with our next pick I think there is a great need for a CB on our team. At the late 20's or early 2nd round we would have a shot at Dre Kirkpatrickor Janoris Jenkins. Either would be my pick and it's a given we need to build up our Secondary. I prefer Kirkpatrick who can tackle, rush off the edge and is a shut down corner with either man or zone coverge.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: What should our second pick be in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Regardless if we trade down or we have the 2nd pick in the 2nd round what position should we address? It is a given the majority of us think that WR or OT will be our first pick but with our next pick I think there is a great need for a CB on our team. At the late 20's or early 2nd round we would have a shot at Dre Kirkpatrickor Janoris Jenkins. Either would be my pick and it's a given we need to build up our Secondary. I prefer Kirkpatrick who can tackle, rush off the edge and is a shut down corner with either man or zone coverge.
    OLB Zach Brown is an intruiging name to me. The Rams are crying out for better athletes at linebacker, and this guy definitely fits the bill. With all that speed used at LB, he could be a playmaker for the Rams. Somebody similar to Arizona's Darryl Washington would be great for our D.!
    ZiaRam likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Id say BPA at OLB or DT. If we dont draft a wr in the 1st then WR 100%.
    ZiaRam likes this.

ludairv is offline Registered User

if we get a late 1st round pick in a trade down, id take either the best defensive player available. or trade to it Steelers for Wallace
    ZiaRam likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

OLB or DT sounds good to me. Zach Brown should be available then. If we don't trade down and also one of the top 4 OTs drop down to that pick. I say that should be the first option at 2.1
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    OLB or DT sounds good to me. Zach Brown should be available then. If we don't trade down and also one of the top 4 OTs drop down to that pick. I say that should be the first option at 2.1
    Ive actually just took the time to watch OLB Zach Brown, he doesn't look like he has much technique to his tackling. He doesnt seem big on contact for a OLB, as he is a player who more gets in the way, than make the big tackle or hit. But his amazing speed, gives him a very good chance to make plays at the next level. A boom or bust type pick. It would make a change for the Rams to be going for a player with this much of a ceiling, this early in the draft. Its one way of raising the bar where incoming players are concerned. But a little risky. Im hoping for a lot of physicality, size and speed, being added to this team.? Im not sure if Brown ticks all the boxes YET.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -02-22-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    ZiaRam likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Ive actually just took the time to watch OLB Zach Brown, he doesn't look like he has much technique to his tackling. He doesnt seem big on contact for a OLB, as he is a player who more gets in the way, than make the big tackle or hit. But his amazing speed, gives him a very good chance to make plays at the next level. A boom or bust type pick. It would make a change for the Rams to be going for a player with this much of a ceiling, this early in the draft. Its one way of raising the bar where incoming players are concerned. But a little risky. Im hoping for a lot of physicality, size and speed, being added to this team.? Im not sure if Brown ticks all the boxes YET.
    I definitely think Zach Brown doesn't have that D line ability linebackers have. He is more of a safety type linebacker. I think since we have Laurinitis, but Brown at weakside. Get another guy next offseason on the strong side who is more of that type and we will be set. I think one linebacker like Brown is always needed on an NFL team. Especially if he hits that peak that everyone is alluding to. I hope this made sense to you guys as much as it did to me in my mind haha.
    ZiaRam likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

My pick would be a play making offensive player. That could be a tailback, TE or WR. We sorely need help there. It could be an OL if one is not taken earlier. We will likely address any defensive needs with FA. Of course we may also trade the pick for more picks in rounds 2-4.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I definitely think Zach Brown doesn't have that D line ability linebackers have. He is more of a safety type linebacker. I think since we have Laurinitis, but Brown at weakside. Get another guy next offseason on the strong side who is more of that type and we will be set. I think one linebacker like Brown is always needed on an NFL team. Especially if he hits that peak that everyone is alluding to. I hope this made sense to you guys as much as it did to me in my mind haha.
    Ofcourse it makes sense OG. Throw anything you want out there, as it's all speculative talk anyway, this time of the year. ? No one know's what Fisher is like on draft day yet, so your idea's are as good as the next man's. Im just trying to identify, some of athletes in this draft on defense.
    ZiaRam and RuffRams like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

wow actually impressed with some of the answers that I havn't thought of including Zach Brown. It would be nice to pair up two good talents next to JLau. i personally feel we still need help at CB since it's a passing league and we need that one shut down type of corner without any questions of injuries for the long haul.