throwback week

Varg6 is offline Registered User

What trades for the Rams would you like to see?

Ok, are there any realistic trades you would like to see the Rams have during this off-season?

Me personally would love to see Briggs, but I can't think of a scenario on how that would work out...Anything you guys have in mind for some other players?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: What trades for the Rams would you like to see?

2nd Round pick and Jimmy Kennedy to Chicago for Lance Briggs

3rd Rounder to Carolina for Kris Jenkins

Jeramitrius Butler for a 4th Round Pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post

lol that'd unfortunately never happen :\ , but I'd love if it did!

BIG GAME 81 Guest

What our 1st (13th overall) for Lance Briggs and Chicgo's 1st (31st overall). The Bears would move up 18 spots, don't know if that would be enough though.

As for Jenkins, is there any possibilty that he is on the block because he is exactly what we need!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GAME 81 View Post
    What our 1st (13th overall) for Lance Briggs and Chicgo's 1st (31st overall). The Bears would move up 18 spots, don't know if that would be enough though.

As for Jenkins, is there any possibilty that he is on the block because he is exactly what we need!

I really like the sound of this we would be filling a huge need and still be picking in the first round I LIKE IT!!! We may have to include a pick next year like a 4th or 5th but I would love to see it.
    Just Fix It

Country Guest

If we trade for Briggs it will take out 1st round pick with nothing else attached. If you add that to the cost it would take to resign him and no thanks.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post
    If we trade for Briggs it will take out 1st round pick with nothing else attached. If you add that to the cost it would take to resign him and no thanks.
    Is their a better player you would take in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    Is their a better player you would take in the first round?
    He's a proven LB, but #1 where would we put him, and #2, if we did take him and have our 1st round taken away, should we be THAT confident that a 2nd or 3rd round DT would help us out?

BIG GAME 81 Guest

The reason I suggested the trade was because if we were to get the 31st pick in return, most likely the NT Tank Tyler would still be there to take. Thus, we would get Briggs and a Nose Tackle we require. This of course was just a thought. You can never predict the future but the odds of the 13th pick being as good as Briggs is very unlikely. Do the names Damione Lewis and Jimmy Kennedy (10th and 12th) picks ring a bell)?

Varg6 makes a good point though because Briggs is a weak side linebacker where Pisa plays which creates another option: Pisa and later pick (4th rd) for Briggs. Maybe Lovie would go for it, he knows Pisa from his time here. Doubt we would trade Pisa after a 5 year extension though.

bigtiger737 Guest

briggs looks great because there are no real big naes out in FA , I like briggs and I think he could be great for alot of teams, but we don't need him. Pisa's extension doesn't need to become a huge cap penalty. Jenkinsa would be great I would push for this trade far ahead. keep 13 and look for okoye, this kid is smart humble and gifted. Let glover teach him the way go with a later rounder or cain (hopefully) to compete with chillar. NT or look for other options. we need a 1 2 punch in the running game I would love to see us go 1st day on a HB to be honest, could you imagine our offensse with a good rookie hb to share time with Jackson, bring davis back for 1 more year or even marshall to help teach the back depending on what kind of runner they are. Or perhaps a really good FB but I don't know how the market looks now in draft or FA. either way I think Drew was a good pick up and I would like to see us call out to Timmerman, i know he was vocal and it might not happen but it should!

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post

None of these is even close to being realistic.