View Poll Results: What kind of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford will become?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elite (Peyton Manning, Drew Brees)

    5 5.49%
  • Very Good (Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers)

    48 52.75%
  • Good (Tony Romo, Matt Ryan)

    23 25.27%
  • Average (Jason Campbell, Chad Pennington)

    10 10.99%
  • Below Average (Brady Quinn, Alex Smith)

    4 4.40%
  • Awful (JaMarcus Russell)

    1 1.10%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    The only stats that matter in the NFL are wins and losses, and ruthless do it may be, this so-called "franchise QB" of yours has a less than stellar record in crunch time when the chips are down.

    PS, I was talking about the Texas game when he was a Junior. The one that should have knocked them out of the Conference and National Title games.

    We in this fanbase like to crack on Bulger because he "can't take us to a Super Bowl." I don't think Bradford can either.
    That argument your making is Bogus. Bradford went to the National Championship and won the Heisman in his second year. Bradford took his team to the Superbowl of his level, so what are you talking about? You can argue all you want about who shouldve played, but the bottom line is Texas wasn't the team that played in that Oklahoma and Bradford played in that game. Bradford is a great athlete who has won at every level and in all sports he has competed in. Its crazy how you are labeling him a looser just because he got to the national championship and didn't win.


  2. #17
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Anyways if so many people think he is going to be verry good, why are so many people down on him. In this day and age I personally would take Aaron Rodgers or Phillip Rivers anyday over Kevin Williams or even Warren Sapp.

  3. #18
    ludairv's Avatar
    ludairv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    well put... people just dont see te big picture, the QB touches the ball like everyplay lol, ppl can gameplan around lineman (physically) in the end QB have a bigger impact because they choose what to do ...and by all indications and opinions around the league people believe bradford has the skill and personality to do it...

  4. #19
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    That argument your making is Bogus. Bradford went to the National Championship and won the Heisman in his second year. Bradford took his team to the Superbowl of his level, so what are you talking about? You can argue all you want about who shouldve played, but the bottom line is Texas wasn't the team that played in that Oklahoma and Bradford played in that game. Bradford is a great athlete who has won at every level and in all sports he has competed in. Its crazy how you are labeling him a looser just because he got to the national championship and didn't win.
    In the absence of a playoff, "getting there" doesn't do a whole lot for me. All "getting there" speaks of is your fanbase and coach's ability to successfully lobby, not your actual skill on the field. Outside of administering the traditional whupping that the Big XII North champion receives in the South Champion's coronation, Bradford has not won a "playoff caliber" college football game.

  5. #20
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Can be? CAN be?

    He CAN be elite. He has all the tools necessary to be a world beater. But, gun to my head, what WILL he be?.........I'm sticking with my earlier assessment of Matt Schaub. A fine QB that will be a starter for years to come; but not worth passing the next Warren Sapp for.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  6. #21
    Bralidore(RAMMODE)'s Avatar
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    In the absence of a playoff, "getting there" doesn't do a whole lot for me. All "getting there" speaks of is your fanbase and coach's ability to successfully lobby, not your actual skill on the field. Outside of administering the traditional whupping that the Big XII North champion receives in the South Champion's coronation, Bradford has not won a "playoff caliber" college football game.
    With that logic, WINNING a championship is your fanbase and coach's ability to lobby...

    He's won a ton of games and most Quarterback's coming out of college can't say that while playing for a top ranked team.

    Colt Mccoy won a ton of games but not one National Championship. Is he better then Sam Bradford?

    Locker hasn't sniffed a championship game, he must be just plain awful.

    Ken Dorsey won a ton of games in College and evaporated in the league, as was expected.

    Dree Bree's got to a Rose Bowl and lost, I guess he just doesn't have what it tak....wait! He just led a traditionally awful franchise to its first Superbowl in team history while completing 70 percent of his passes!

    What does that mean? It means ANYONE can come in and be great if they have the basic requirements to be a quarterback. It takes that extra leadership, that moxy, that work ethic, and that intelligence. Bradford has more than that and is a winner. Depending on his medicals, I don't see how you pass on him. Suh may or may not be great just like any other guy. I'd love to have him and if Bradford's medical shows concern I hope Suh's the pick, but if it does check out then it has to be Bradford.

    Your argument FAILS.
    Last edited by Bralidore(RAMMODE); -03-03-2010 at 11:00 AM.

  7. #22
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    flip a coin ... its easier.
    I for one would like to see this 8-sided coin of yours.

  8. #23
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    With that logic, WINNING a championship is your fanbase and coach's ability to lobby...

    He's won a ton of games and most Quarterback's coming out of college can't say that while playing for a top ranked team.

    Colt Mccoy won a ton of games but not one National Championship. Is he better then Sam Bradford?

    Locker hasn't sniffed a championship game, he must be just plain awful.

    Ken Dorsey won a ton of games in College and evaporated in the league, as was expected.

    Dree Bree's got to a Rose Bowl and lost, I guess he just doesn't have what it tak....wait! He just led a traditionally awful franchise to its first Superbowl in team history while completing 70 percent of his passes!

    What does that mean? It means ANYONE can come in and be great if they have the basic requirements to be a quarterback. It takes that extra leadership, that moxy, that work ethic, and that intelligence. Bradford has more than that and is a winner. Depending on his medicals, I don't see how you pass on him. Suh may or may not be great just like any other guy. I'd love to have him and if Bradford's medical shows concern I hope Suh's the pick, but if it does check out then it has to be Bradford.

    Your argument FAILS.

    To go along with this, Jay Cutler, from a very poor Vanderbilt(?) team has arguably performed well above the two other elite quarterbacks from his draft class who had themselves each won national championships.

    While winning in college is definitely a factor, it is not a deciding one for scouts.

  9. #24
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Can be? CAN be?

    He CAN be elite. He has all the tools necessary to be a world beater. But, gun to my head, what WILL he be?.........I'm sticking with my earlier assessment of Matt Schaub. A fine QB that will be a starter for years to come; but not worth passing the next Warren Sapp for.
    In you original post you asked what his ceiling is. His ceiling is that of an elite QB. What will he be? Don't know.

    Suh's ceiling is maybe that of Warren Sapp? That doesn't mean he WILL be the next Warren Sapp.

  10. #25
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    In you original post you asked what his ceiling is. His ceiling is that of an elite QB. What will he be? Don't know.

    Suh's ceiling is maybe that of Warren Sapp? That doesn't mean he WILL be the next Warren Sapp.
    Yes, of course. And what I actually said is that his ceiling is John Randle (whom I feel is higher up the all-time ladder than Sapp). But ultimately for me, I feel Suh has a better chance of reaching his ceiling than Bradford. Let's put numbers to it.....

    On a 1 to 10 career scale, I think Bradford's potential spectrum is 4-9 with 6.5 being the most likely spot. On that same scale, I see Suh's spectrum as 6-10 with 9.5 being the most likely spot.

    My point?

    CAN Bradford be elite? Yes.
    CAN Suh be elite? Yes.

    WILL Bradford be elite? I don't think so.
    WILL Suh be elite? I think there's a good chance.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  11. #26
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

    CAN Bradford be elite? Yes.
    CAN Suh be elite? Yes.

    WILL Bradford be elite? I don't think so.
    WILL Suh be elite? I think there's a good chance.
    This is why I dislike internet rankings. The most important issues with regard to a player are his work ethic, hatred of losing (everyone loves winning) and desire to be the greatest ever. We don't have that information and in my opinion, it's more important than the factors we look at when ranking. It's why the Rams drafts have been horrible for so many years and why the Steelers excel at drafting. How can you really quantify that Bradford has elite talent but won't transfer that onto an NFL field? It's just a projection / guess.

  12. #27
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    It's just a projection / guess.
    Again.....of course it is, Yell. That's all we have around here or anywhere for that matter.
    The most important issues with regard to a player are his work ethic, hatred of losing (everyone loves winning) and desire to be the greatest ever.
    Then shouldn't Tebow be the consensus #1 overall?
    How can you really quantify that Bradford has elite talent but won't transfer that onto an NFL field?
    Well obviously it's not a true quantification with any meaningful value, but I'm merely trying to make my points with numbers in place of words.

    I think both Bradford and Suh can be top notch players. However, I think Bradford is going to have more to overcome than will Suh. Likewise, I think system will play a bigger role in Bradford's progress than will Suh. As well, there are medical concerns with Bradford that aren't as great with Suh.

    All of that together leads me to believe that Suh has a better chance at being great than Bradford.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  13. #28
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Then shouldn't Tebow be the consensus #1 overall?
    If Tebow didn't have all of those characteristics, he wouldn't be discussed at all in regard to the NFL draft. It's the fact he has those that people put faith in his ability to turn himself into a great QB from what he is now.

    And Tebow is a perfect example of why PeoriaRam is wrong that winning is everything. Tebow won 2 national championships, does that make him a better candidate than Bradford? I can't believe anyone would make such a statement but it must be true to follow through on his thinking.

  14. #29
    The Optimistic Lamb's Avatar
    The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Bradford can be extremely good in the right system. If Shanahan takes Bradford, I'd bet my house he'll be awesome. But for the Rams? Bradford would end up just like Bulger, a nice guy who spends more time on his butt than throwing footballs. Too bad.

  15. #30
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    If Tebow didn't have all of those characteristics, he wouldn't be discussed at all in regard to the NFL draft. It's the fact he has those that people put faith in his ability to turn himself into a great QB from what he is now.
    So then, they are not the most important, but rather one of many factors.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: -03-07-2010, 03:00 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -01-11-2009, 05:39 PM
  4. More Rankings - RAMS QBs...
    By AugustaRamFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -07-12-2006, 01:10 AM
  5. Team Postion Rankings
    By RamsFan16 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -06-07-2006, 09:07 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •