View Poll Results: What kind of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford will become?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elite (Peyton Manning, Drew Brees)

5 5.49%
  • Very Good (Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers)

48 52.75%
  • Good (Tony Romo, Matt Ryan)

23 25.27%
  • Average (Jason Campbell, Chad Pennington)

10 10.99%
  • Below Average (Brady Quinn, Alex Smith)

4 4.40%
  • Awful (JaMarcus Russell)

1 1.10%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: What type of pro quarterback do you think Sam Bradford can be?

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    That argument your making is Bogus. Bradford went to the National Championship and won the Heisman in his second year. Bradford took his team to the Superbowl of his level, so what are you talking about? You can argue all you want about who shouldve played, but the bottom line is Texas wasn't the team that played in that Oklahoma and Bradford played in that game. Bradford is a great athlete who has won at every level and in all sports he has competed in. Its crazy how you are labeling him a looser just because he got to the national championship and didn't win.
    I agree. It's a team game. He couldn't have run up that streak of 50+ point games without the help of his supporting cast, but by the same token you can't saddle him alone with losses. Bradford threw 4 touchdowns in that Texas-Oklahoma game, and they still lost in part because they gave up a touchdown on special teams.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Can be? CAN be?

He CAN be elite. He has all the tools necessary to be a world beater. But, gun to my head, what WILL he be?.........I'm sticking with my earlier assessment of Matt Schaub. A fine QB that will be a starter for years to come; but not worth passing the next Warren Sapp for.
    Is Suh or McCoy on Warren Sapps level? I think Niether is as good of a pass rusher or nearly as athletic as Sapp, just my opinion. Reggie White? Please people dont even go there. When I see those Suh Reggie White comparisons I loose my mind. Reggie White top 5 greatest d-lineman of all time. Warren Sapp top 5 DT of all time Suh and McCoy I cant put them on that level.

What's Wrong with Matt Schaub Clear cut Top 10 QB in this league. He lead the league in passing, Extremely accurate, has had some injury issues, pretty good leader. I'd take him number 1 overall.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

never mind. senile. tired. technically incompetent....is that 10 words yet?
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-04-2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: whoops... wrong thread

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Read most of the post, and what I am missing is the thought process or the plan to get out of this habitual losing. If we are truly "starting over", then the plan should be to draft the potential in Bradford and attempt to build around it. But last I checked, we have a QB who currently is currently receiving a hefty contract. Is Bulger that bad a qb?? Everyone talking about Bradford, well he is going to have the same experience based wr corp running routes that Bulger did. I see drafting Bradford as a continuation of what we have done wrong for the last 5 to 6 years in the draft room- lack of a solid plan. I would rather see the rams take suh which we KNOW will help our run defense versus a hopeful future established qb when we already have one. Lefluer, Pike are the type of qbs that would help solidify the roster, but to take a qb first doesnt translate to getting better especially without any high level tools around to support his growth. (See whose drafting right behind us). Spags' forte is defense. Humm now we are going to draft the next great qb (again look at whose drafting behind us) when we have the opportunity to establish what should be our coaches strength. DEFENSE. Suh will make Luranitis better. This I KNOW. Bradford will make the team better (No...maybe in 4 yrs), the receivers better (No we still have half of the Eagles practice squad wr on our roster), offense better (poor SJ...he cant look forward to having a rookie in there). just sayin... But lets look at the plan or path we are going...Long, Carriker, Luranitis...put Suh in that puzzle, add a FA (Say Osi from NYG) along with Little and Ryan. Your Dbs and LBs just got better on the strength of your defensive core. One player making other players better is why you have the 1st overall pick, not to hope a shoulder holds up or he develops or has the leadership to make us better. I'm done with hope...lets go for the sure thing. No... maybe not the next Sapp or Reggie White, but a big strong athletic inspired DT who is going to draw double teams , allow my mike lb to have free reign and take the entire d-line to the next level.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Is Suh or McCoy on Warren Sapps level? I think Niether is as good of a pass rusher or nearly as athletic as Sapp, just my opinion. Reggie White? Please people dont even go there. When I see those Suh Reggie White comparisons I loose my mind. Reggie White top 5 greatest d-lineman of all time. Warren Sapp top 5 DT of all time Suh and McCoy I cant put them on that level.

What's Wrong with Matt Schaub Clear cut Top 10 QB in this league. He lead the league in passing, Extremely accurate, has had some injury issues, pretty good leader. I'd take him number 1 overall.
    Then we just have a difference of opinion, beast. I see Suh as being a future Sapp-like defender.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ludairv is offline Registered User

well like it or not the rams are drafting bradford,...lol the signs are everywhere, this kid would have to completly blow at the proday and a scout or hitman would have to sabotage a football at the proday lmao....

thickandthin is offline Registered User

IDK what to think... I was going with Suh but now everyone has me changing my mind. 2 years ago we had the choice of Long or Ryan, we chose Long.. where did that get us? nowhere. So now we are in the same sort of thing, Suh or Bradford.. But I'll be behind my rams on draft day. (hoping we will get Suh first and best QB in the 2nd lol)

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    well like it or not the rams are drafting bradford,...lol the signs are everywhere, this kid would have to completly blow at the proday and a scout or hitman would have to sabotage a football at the proday lmao....
    what signs might that be?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    what signs might that be?
    from the recent signings, to the financial situations, (last year these kids will be makin this kinda money)
    new ownership....
    tying up big money to a QB buys more time for the new coaching staff....the standards that we're holdin these two DT are at a hall of fame level.....like as soon as they step in theyre suppost to be sapp or r. white. It makes more sense to invest in a QB to develop cuz its a new regime....ye u could say the same for Bradford....but lets face it ....its a QB league and the kid is gunna touch the ball way more times then a DT....not sayin we should throw him in straight ....which wont happen....im seein a sanchez year....(letting the run game take the pressure off). when the season comes to an end....youll prolly call him a bust....and thats how it usually goes nowadays with these first rounders ,especially top picks....but point is, with the current mindset of the nfl, its more justiable to pay top dollar to a QB then a DT.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    from the recent signings, to the financial situations, (last year these kids will be makin this kinda money)
    new ownership....
    tying up big money to a QB buys more time for the new coaching staff....the standards that we're holdin these two DT are at a hall of fame level.....like as soon as they step in theyre suppost to be sapp or r. white. It makes more sense to invest in a QB to develop cuz its a new regime....ye u could say the same for Bradford....but lets face it ....its a QB league and the kid is gunna touch the ball way more times then a DT....not sayin we should throw him in straight ....which wont happen....im seein a sanchez year....(letting the run game take the pressure off). when the season comes to an end....youll prolly call him a bust....and thats how it usually goes nowadays with these first rounders ,especially top picks....but point is, with the current mindset of the nfl, its more justiable to pay top dollar to a QB then a DT.
    Yes but does that mean that Bradford will out preform Suh or McCoy?

Just because he is a QB doesn't mean crap. It actually shows we should stay away from a QB with our first pick.

The percentage of Bradford being good is less likely than Suh or McCoy, and i'd rather put my cash in those DT's than bradford.

Bradford comes here with no weapons, what makes you think he will do any better than bulger? Yet, Suh or McCoy come here with an improved defensive line, and a half decent defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Yes but does that mean that Bradford will out preform Suh or McCoy?

Just because he is a QB doesn't mean crap. It actually shows we should stay away from a QB with our first pick.

The percentage of Bradford being good is less likely than Suh or McCoy, and i'd rather put my cash in those DT's than bradford.

Bradford comes here with no weapons, what makes you think he will do any better than bulger? Yet, Suh or McCoy come here with an improved defensive line, and a half decent defense.
    hes already passed his physical...and now that leaves another physical/medical on his proday... theyre not gunna throw this kid into the fire...mostlikey itll be on bench or sanchez role....where he just hands off...to Sjax and let the running game take care of it while he learns the speed of the game....if u dont remember it was our defense that kept us in games...and our offense was disgusting....if u thinkotherwise...then uv watched to much highlgihts ...where analysts just ripp the rams on both sides....they dont even awkowledge that they played hard ....most notably on defense...
    Last edited by Nick; -03-08-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Read the rules; even masked or self-censored profanity is off-limits

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

It is politically unacceptable in this town for a player with a contract in the high $70 millions to possibly $80 million (in other words, the highest paid player in franchise history) to ride the pine intact for any stretch of time. The long knives have come out for Long and Bulger when they didn't perform statistically as well as their contracts should have dictated, and this front office and coaching staff took all kinds of heat for playing Smith at right tackle.

The Sanchez/bench model is not an option for this franchise's first round selection. If you plan on using it this season, take a second or third rounder or wait until next year when the roster situation improves.

from the recent signings
    AJ Feely and Fred Robbins points to the pick being Bradford?
    to the financial situations, (last year these kids will be makin this kinda money)
    Assuming the Union signs off on a rookie cap........but still doesn't indicate Bradford is the pick.
    new ownership
    I can't find the article that says Khan wants Bradford.....guess I'm just missing it.
    tying up big money to a QB buys more time for the new coaching staff
    No....winning, and winning alone, buys more time for the coaching staff.

Look, we can do this all day long, but ultimately, if this front office is giving any "signs" about what they will or will not be doing in the draft, then they aren't much of a front office.

3STL9 is offline Registered User

I said good, is it just me or anyone else not worried about the fact that bradford does not come from a Pro-Style offense

ram1906 is offline Registered User

And the past has shown what happens to college qbs who dont come from pro style offenses vs those that do. If you look at the rookies qbs who have done well ( ryan, sanchez, flacco) they didn't have to adjust to both the speed of the game and the adjusting to a pro style ( under center) game. And I do hope that the front office is developing a plan and not just taking the "sexy" choice at qb. As another post on this thread noted, our defense kept us in games. The addition of a dominant inside presence will help that run defense, make our mike lb better, and with pressure, surely make our dbs better. A dominant defense can cover for a woeful offense. Open the door to go from average to dominant ( isnt that why we brought Spags in).
    Can anyone actually see bradford making us better????
    If you answer yes to that , see you on the thread next year discussing how we certaintly cant take the best player available ( most likely a qb) and how passing on the BPA in '10 cost some coaches their job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast