Rambunctious is offline Registered User

What would it cost for Boldin?

Reports are that the Cardinals are looking to deal him. How high or how many draft picks would it take to get him and is it worth it?

He is just 28 so I think he still has a lot of productivity left but I'm afraid he is a luxury we can't afford in terms of draft picks.

Irishrover40 is offline Registered User

Re: What would it cost for Boldin?

Agreed! BVeing on a team that has just went to the super bowl(whether you won the SB or not, the fact is that you STILL were able to climb that high) and he has posted good numbers soooo he draw high numbers in a trade.

He may be really desireable, but for the Rams, who have soooooo many other needs as well, the price will be TOO HIGH!!!!!!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

not only would the price be to high, but they would NEVER send him to a division rival

MarshallMarshall Guest

Not only would the price be too high but the price would be too high.... WR is not our biggest need so why would we spend all our money and then some for one player... We need quality draft picks and thats it.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

What if we took Harrison? I know his age is a problem, but he has been very productive and would give us a little more time to rebuild our receiving squad. Plus, (besides that shooting) Harrison would fit good within Spagnuolo's 4 pillars.

All the people that wanted TO should think about this one since they were in the same draft class and he probably wont be nearly as expensive.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    What if we took Harrison? I know his age is a problem, but he has been very productive and would give us a little more time to rebuild our receiving squad. Plus, (besides that shooting) Harrison would fit good within Spagnuolo's 4 pillars.

All the people that wanted TO should think about this one since they were in the same draft class and he probably wont be nearly as expensive.
    Nice thought. Gave you credit in another thread on WR's but Harrison would be a nice pickup. Need a possession receiver which Harrison is. Need someone who could play now which Harrison could. Need to fit our cap space which Harrison would.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

A whole lot more than we are willing to offer

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I don't like the thought of getting rid of one slow high priced aging receiver with another slow high priced aging receiver in Harrison. I mean the Colts cut him for the same reasons we cut Torry, he wanted too much money for his productivity. If he is gonna take a pay cut for us to afford him then why wouldn't he just go back to Indy where Peyton will be throwing to him and he has a better chance to make the playoffs.

Oh and no matter how much we want him, Boldin will not become a Ram, unless they release him and we spend all of our remaining cap in acquiring him. They aren't releasing him and we have way too many needs than to spend all our money on him.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

Harrison would be a great pickup for us. Boldon would cost too much and IMO a headcase just like TO, maybe he will shuffle off to Buffalo also.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I just read the Cardinals want a 1st, 3rd and 6th round draft picks plus Boldin wants about 9 million a year.

If my mom was kidnapped I would probably pay the 9 million in ransom but no way in heck I'm I giving up 3 or our draft picks... does this make ma a bad son?

rams#1 Guest

An arm and 3 legs...