rams_man13 is offline Registered User

What would you think of this offseason?

This is a mock offseason I've seen combined with an ideal mock draft I've seen.

I would be very excited to see these moves happen, but what do you think?

Free Agency:

- Vincent Jackson (WR)
    - Mathias Kiwanuka (DE)
    - Dewan Landry (SS)

Trade:

- Albert Haynesworth (DT) for a 4th rounder

Draft:

Round 1- Mark Ingram (RB)
    Round 2- Bruce Carter (OLB)
    Round 3- Mason Foster (OLB)
    Round 5- Lee Ziemba (OG)

I think this turns us into a VERY VERY strong team.

QB- Sam Bradford
    RB- Steven Jackson, Mark Ingram
    FB- Mike Karney
    WR- Vincent Jackson, Mark Clayton, Donnie Avery (I think with his speed and the current playbook, he could do better than Amendola who would be kept on for depth)
    TE- Illinois Mike, Fells, Onobun
    LT- Saffold
    LG- Bell
    C- Brown
    RG- Lee Ziemba (Started as a freshman, he's a mauler and should find a spot)
    RT- Jason Smith

DE- Mathias Kiwanuka
    DT- Haynesworth (a move back to the 4-3 may motivate him)
    DT- Robbins (that's a lot of meat in the middle)
    DE- Chris Long
    OLB- Bruce Carter
    MLB- James Laurinaitis
    OLB- Mason Foster (shores up our LB core for the future, should be best in the league eventually)
    CB- Ron Bartell
    SS- Dawan Landry
    FS- OJ Atogwe
    CB- Bradley Fletcher

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: What would you think of this offseason?

Personally I would love this offseason. We address every position of need while only giving up one draft pick and not breaking the bank on the free agents. ( I would assume Haynesworth would have to restructurer the deal?) Only thing I don't like is 2 rookies starting at OLBs... I think Nail Diggs should be brought back for a couple more seasons, he brought stability to the position. i also think Kehl and Grant can be solid players in this defense they just need more pT...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Overall, I would be happy if all of this came to pass, but I would absolutely skip the whole trade for Haynesworth, and I would much rather address the OG spot sooner than the 5th round. It's extremely rare to find a starter in the 5th round, even for "less important" positions like OG. Also, if there's an OG that would be starter material right from the start, he won't be there in the 5th anyway.

As long as the salaries are reasonable, the free agents match up well with what I'd like, so I have no issue with that at all... that's my favorite part!

Counting on two rookies to start at LB is also a bit unreasonable, though Kiwanuka can play the Sam when Hall is in, and we do still have Diggs and Vobora and Chamberlain.
    I believe!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Some good, some bad.

First of all, I don't want any part of Haynesworth. He is talented, but his attitude is as bad as it gets. I don't want him at any price.

Second, while I'm fine with V-Jax, I think the Rams would still need to take another WR somewhere in the first four rounds of the draft.

On the plus side, Carter and Foster playing along side of JL sounds pretty good to me.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Why are we drafting a backup in the first round when we have gaping holes on our team? Backups should not be addressed before starting players. Ingram is a "name" player because of media hype, but we don't need to use the 14th pick on a flashy name to sit on the bench. We need to use it for a player who will actually play next year for us. I've heard the stuff about Sjax is getting older blah blah, he still has a few years left, and drafting his backup with a vital first round pick will not improve us in the least next year, or the year after. Drafting a starting quality player at a position where we need one will.

Why are we trading for a bad apple and his enormous contract and then hoping he decides he likes it here and won't pout?

Change those two and I would like it.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Oh yea, why do you state the 3rd round OLB will be the best in the league eventually? if he's that good, wont he be gone by then?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

once Jackson hits the wall i think we will drop the one featured back and spread the carries between 2 or 3..so i`d rather see an instant starter at a more pressing area of need with the 1st pick.

i don`t want Fat Alice at any cost either.

i`d like to see us draft a DT early rather than go for any veteran DT we got the veterans ..we need young guys added to the mix with Ryan possibly gone and Scott looking like little more than 4th or 5th on the depth chart.

and an OG much higher than a 5th rounder..i`m fine with the pick in the 5th round for depth and to compete for both OG spots, but i want to pay more in the way of insurance for our young franchise QB, especially considering the D`s our O-linemen are gonna have to face next season.

it is a pretty decent mock season overall tho..just need to trim off some of the fat and replace it with better or more needed players.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -01-13-2011 at 05:13 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Very unrealistic to me. I don't really like Vincent Jackson but if Spags feels he fits in good here then sure. Kiwanuka and Landry are both good pickups. Absolute NO to Fat Albert....what do you see in this guy? Sure he is as talented as it gets, but he doesn't care. He wants money and thats it. He is by far the biggest cancer I've seen in a while.

Drafting Ingram is stupid in my idea too like berg said. Why would you draft a player that will basically just sit on the bench? Mason Foster doesn't look like he will drop to round 3. He has been nothing but impressive this year. And why would we address OG (in my opinion our 2nd biggest need) in the 5th round?

msha is offline Registered User

Although very early, I would much prefer to look at Ingram's backup at Alabama Trent Richardson next year