throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What you all waited for....RichTree's 2013 Pre-Combine WR Ratings +more!!!

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: What you all waited for....RichTree's 2013 Pre-Combine WR Ratings +more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    glad someone else knows this too

i mean, 2nd in state in the 4, and he ran a low 21 in the 2 i think, don't remember what place

and he placed 2nd to josh mance, a fellow trojan and OLYMPIAN of this past summer
    thats all well and good, but we play football here, and there will be plenty of guys running faster 40 times than woods

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    thats all well and good, but we play football here, and there will be plenty of guys running faster 40 times than woods
    If were talking about football, Robert Woods would be the #1 rated receiver because no one on that list has had a more productive career than he did in college. He might not be as physically gifted as some players at his position, but he's a hell of a football player and will put up big numbers in the pros... he personally reminds me of Hines Ward
    mde8352gorams and citr92 like this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    If were talking about football, Robert Woods would be the #1 rated receiver because no one on that list has had a more productive career than he did in college. He might not be as physically gifted as some players at his position, but he's a hell of a football player and will put up big numbers in the pros... he personally reminds me of Hines Ward
    Greg Salas supports your argument.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Greg Salas supports your argument.
    I fail to see your point; Greg Salas was nowhere near the same player coming out of college as Woods is, nor will they be the same player in the pros. Woods is faster, better at running routes, blocking, and running after the catch... pretty much in every attribute Woods has Salas beat.

Woods is obviously a better player than Salas because of his potential to fill out....The 2 things I am watching for with Woods is his change of direction (shuttle time) and his bench press....

those are his 2 weaknesses -- lets see if he can move his stock up with strong work in these spots

If were talking about football, Robert Woods would be the #1 rated receiver because no one on that list has had a more productive career than he did in college.
    I fail to see your point; Greg Salas was nowhere near the same player coming out of college as Woods is
    My point is that your statement - that Woods would be the #1 rated receiver because he was more productive than the other receivers in this class (which I'm fairly certain isn't true anyways) - could have easily been applied to Salas when he was a prospect, but obviously college productivity is not the sole evaluation tool. You seem to acknowledge that, which makes your previous statement all the more confusing to me.
    Last edited by Nick; -02-23-2013 at 08:22 PM.

FIRSTLY THIS IS A FAST TRACK !!!!!!! I DON' T KNOW WHY THESE TIMES ARE LOWER THIS YEAR THAN EVER...SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woods and Mellette looked fast mellette looks like a NFL starter in shorts...Austin value even higher..Patterson still a stud...Terrence Williams putting himself as sure Round 1 pick...Woods moving up....Patterson top 10 pick for sure..Wheton helping himself -- Hunter is making himself a round 2 pick

K.Allen didn't run (can't help with these monster times)

Da'Rick Rogers time 4.54 looks slow...ace sanders and deAndre hopkins didn't help themselves

RIGHT NOW ONLY 4 TIMES OVER 4.55 THIS IS FASTEST CLASS EVER....I STAND BY MY STATEMENT THAT ALL THE TIMES SEEM QUICKER THAN NORMAL...I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT EITHER THIS IS THE FASTEST CLASS OF ALL TIME OR TIMING IS EXTRA FAST FOR SOME REASON
    lostsoul likes this.

dobson has extra to prove on Pro day....some question if his knee is 100% from the season....and these guys are ab-so-lute-lee flying around Indy

Woods also benched 14 reps....making him look better and better ..he is on cusp of round 1/2 talent Vinne25 having a crystal ball of karma...lol

biggest faller is Da'Rick Rodgers....he looked like he once had freak athleticism at Tenn -- a slower 40 yard dash and only 10 reps on bench coupled with suspect hands and off the field issues...he is looking like round 3/4 is his spot....

THESE GUYS ARE FLYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Tavon Austin was fire today, as expected. Very fast, he showed he has straight line long speed too. Not to mention he has bigger hands than guys like Terrance Williams, he's just about cemented his 1st round status.

I think other guys that helped themselves today: DeAndre Hopkins, and Robert Woods was solid.
    citr92 likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    17 of them to be exact, now that the official numbers are in.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

If we are going to draft a receiver, which is very likely, Robert Woods looks very impressive. I trust Mike Mayock's opinion and he really likes this kid for his natural receiving skills. The kid from Duke (Connor Vernon) was also impressive, obviously a mid-late round pick. Reminds me of Ricky Proehl.

Go Rams!
    citr92 likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

gah, can't believe i missed woods....good to hear he's having a good showing

fight on!

and of course they repeated a quote that robert woods said was taken out of context

"if the coaches wanted me to return they would have gotten me the ball more."

geh...
    Last edited by citr92; -02-24-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast