View Poll Results: What would you want the Rams to do with the 14th pick?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Move up in the draft to the 9th or 10th pick and give up a 3rd & 5th pick.

4 13.79%
  • Pick BPA at 14.

12 41.38%
  • Move down to the 18th pick & receive Chargers extra 3rd round pick.

13 44.83%
    Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

What you want Rams to do with the 14th pick?

What would you want the Rams to do with the 14th pick?

1: move up to the 9th or 10th pick for our 3rd and 5th pick in draft.

2: Stay put and draft BPA

3: Move down to the 18th pick and get Chargers extra 3rd round pick.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Re: What you want Rams to do with the 14th pick?

I'm normally not a fan of moving down but assuming Julio Jones is off the board I think moving down to 18 could make sense. There will likely still be a group of players that we have highly rated and at least one of them will almost certainly still be available at 18. Most likely a DL. We could then package one of the third round picks along with our 2nd to move back into the 1st round if a player we really wanted was there. If not, we have an extra 3rd round pick.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I am torn. Every year my theory has always get as many draft picks as possible in top 4 rounds especially with a young rebuilding team as we are certainly not 1-2 players away from a super bowl. But this year if the opportunity was there to get Julio Jones and sacrificing our 3rd rd pick I would actually pull the trigger.

I voted for the trade up, but maybe since this is so counter to what I usually say (and there will be a decent FA wrs class this year to add a potential #2 - ik ik we have plenty of those) and around 3 wr's taken in rd 1 next year maybe we should just stay put.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Stay put or move down a few spots if the deal is good. I'd like to see Jones there @ 14, but I wouldn't trade up for him. There will be some quality players available when the Rams are on the clock. If they can move down 4-5 spots and pick up an extra Day Two pick, and like enough guys to feel confident they'll get one even with moving down, I'm open to that possibility.

iStillBelieve is offline Registered User

In all honesty, what are the chances we actually move out of this spot (up or down)? 5-10 percent?

Every single year we want a trade to happen, but I guess this could be different now since we are finally out of the top 3 where it is nearly impossible to get a trade finalized. But even still, I just don't see it happening. Am I off base here?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

At 14 we could grab hopefully Aldon Smith, Corey Liuget, JJ Watt, or our choice of another few defensive players to our liking. I do not see Jones available there, but obviosuly he's the pick if he's there.

Given that if we trade down 4 picks we would probably still have our choice of at least one of Liuget or Jordan or Kerrigan(Watt goes 17 to Pats seems such a slam dunk). At worst, hopefully we could take Pouncey at a much better value than at 14. And in return, we get another pick at a spot that very well could provide us with either very good depth or possibly even a starter. I think if we could make that deal and give up a little talent in Smith at 14 for one almost as good at 18 and get another starter out of it, you have to take the deal.
    I believe!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

My ideal situation would be have AJ Green drop to 5 or 6 and us trade all the way up for him. If not Green i say stay put and take BPA at a positional need.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I have not got a clue who we will draft tonight but Im hoping we can do a bit better than Luiget. Who is the choice in quite a few mock drafts. Do not get me wrong I do like the look of Luiget and think he has good football ahead of him, but Id like to think we can somehow snag a bigger name if someone falls down to 14. If all our players targeted our taken before us and were left with Luiget, Id like us to trade down and pick up a 3rd rounder and maybe get a OG Pouncey or a DT like M.Wilkerson.?

13RamFiend is offline Registered User

I really hope we take puncey with the 14th pick, we need to protect bradford and help out out short yardage game with suffered alot last year. I dont see it as a reach if every expert and mock draft has him going 1 pick after us to miami at 15.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

I`m hoping for Aldon Smith if Julio is gone but he could be taken already too. so Pouncey would be an alternative pick i could live with.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Corey Luiget. It may be a bit early for him at 14, but our choices may be limited and I'm not sure Aldon Smith will be ready to give us much in 2011. Check out our schedule, we need a run stopper just as much as we need a pass rusher.

Go Rams!