View Poll Results: With the draft in mind, what position would you target in FA?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • WR, because Blackmon alone will not be enough.

6 18.75%
  • WR, so the Rams don't have to use the 2nd pick on Blackmon.

2 6.25%
  • OT, so the Rams won't have to use another premium pick on the position.

1 3.13%
  • OG, because its better to get a veteran than waste a high pick on one.

1 3.13%
  • DT, because there's no Blue Chip DT, and the best ones will be gone by pick 33.

4 12.50%
  • OLB, because its better to get a proven guy than to waste a top 50 pick on that position.

2 6.25%
  • CB, because last year taught us we need depth, and the best guys will be gone by pick 33.

7 21.88%
  • Draft prospects should not impact FA. Go for the BPA in both and then sort it out.

9 28.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What is your FA priority, given the draft possibilities?

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Re: What is your FA priority, given the draft possibilities?

It doesn't have to be Finnegan. But I think we do need a CB that can make a splash from draft or FA.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    It doesn't have to be Finnegan. But I think we do need a CB that can make a splash from draft or FA.
    Exactly. There are a number of corners we could draft that will serve to fill in our depth at the position nicely without breaking the bank on an expensive FA. The economics of signing CF make no sense given our current situation with CB's under contract and our needs in so many other areas.

Go Rams!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Preach my brotha!

And for those who seem to have amnesia, our top 3....count them 3 CB's are INJURY PRONE!
    On the other hand...
    -Finnegan is younger than our current #1
    -A Solid performer at corner, I would argue with anyone that he is a better option than our current #1(Bartell).
    -He is NOT injury prone!
    -Hard nosed
    -A great tackler!
    -Take proper angles in pursuit!

This man instantly makes your secondary better. So in closing, I want him and another WR to help bout Blackmon.
    You are correct, Finnegan is a great tackler. In fact, in 2010, I believe that he had the most downfield tackles for all cornerbacks. Why do you ask? Because he was giving up tons of catches, and thusly had to bring down said receiver.

How is Bartell injury prone? Murphy? I'll give you that Fletcher's ACL worries me. But we had King and Gordy playing a ton of this year, and I'd say they both deserve to stay as our #4 and 5 guys, which means one of our top three needs to go if we sign Finnegan.

If we can get him for a reasonable cap number($3M, tops), which could happen if we sign him to a four year deal, $8M signing bonus and $1M salary this year, I'm all for it. Somehow I doubt that he takes that though... When you only have about $10M in cap room and tons of holes, you can't blow it on one guy.
    I believe!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Exactly. There are a number of corners we could draft that will serve to fill in our depth at the position nicely without breaking the bank on an expensive FA. The economics of signing CF make no sense given our current situation with CB's under contract and our needs in so many other areas.

Go Rams!
    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    You are correct, Finnegan is a great tackler. In fact, in 2010, I believe that he had the most downfield tackles for all cornerbacks. Why do you ask? Because he was giving up tons of catches, and thusly had to bring down said receiver.

How is Bartell injury prone? Murphy? I'll give you that Fletcher's ACL worries me. But we had King and Gordy playing a ton of this year, and I'd say they both deserve to stay as our #4 and 5 guys, which means one of our top three needs to go if we sign Finnegan.

If we can get him for a reasonable cap number($3M, tops), which could happen if we sign him to a four year deal, $8M signing bonus and $1M salary this year, I'm all for it. Somehow I doubt that he takes that though... When you only have about $10M in cap room and tons of holes, you can't blow it on one guy.
    The original post was "what do you want", not what if's which depend on salary cap issues. If all works out/in a perfect world I'd want CF. Now with that being said, we have no idea what type of money CF is wanting in FA, and we don't know if he's willing to take less money to be reunited with his coach(which we've seen before from other players). Now Teke I could post alot of stats and go for Rep points and all that, but I could care less about those types of things, however if you look at the number of games that all 3 have missed in the past few years you'll see that injuries seem to be an issue therefore we have to address the CB position (and I'd rather not go with yet another rookie that has to learn & grow); let's go for a proven commodity this time. I believe the last time we did that was A. Williams(and that worked out pretty well for us).

Note: no one better not even think of saying Jason Sehorn or I'll go on a horrible rant, that man was a waste of money!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12