throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Whats the minimum you think the Rams should accept for the #2 spot ?

richtree is offline Registered User

Whats the minimum you think the Rams should accept for the #2 spot ?

Its becoming more and more evident that Bortles and Clowney are the top 2 draft picks (the best QB and the best player)

Unless someone is in love with another QB at #2 that isn't picking 4/5 this will be super tough to trade down for not so much in return..

So, the big question is other than trading with a team at 4 or 5 (raiders/Browns) what would be the minimum you would take to move out of the top 8 spots to these potential landing spots:

Pick 8 , 9 , 11, or 20 >>>?

I think ideally we would want both 1st rounders of Cleveland and swamp their round 2 pick with us....anyone have a better idea ????

This may be most likley to happen if Clowney goes first ..

thanks

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Whats the minimum you think the Rams should accept for the #2 spot ?

I wouldn't trade out of the top 6.

THE DREAM TEAM

richtree is offline Registered User

also, there is not a RGIII or Luck ., so no way we get the same deal

LARAM is offline Registered User

If we stayed in the top 10.....Maybe a 1st rounder for the draft in 2016 could be had.....I could live with that.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The price obviously goes up the further the Rams trade down, so for the smallest likely move - 2 spots to Cleveland's No. 4 pick - my minimum price would be a 2014 second round pick and a 2015 third round pick.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The price obviously goes up the further the Rams trade down, so for the smallest likely move - 2 spots to Cleveland's No. 4 pick - my minimum price would be a 2014 second round pick and a 2015 third round pick.
    I think that makes the most sense, and any move outside that would probably include a 2nd rounder this year and next year. However, I wouldn't trade out of the top-6 unless they threw in a 1st next year

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    also, there is not a RGIII or Luck ., so no way we get the same deal
    Clowney is much better than RG3 - Why shouldn't we get something close to that deal ?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    Clowney is much better than RG3 - Why shouldn't we get something close to that deal ?
    In the NFL:

QBs > Every Other Position

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    In the NFL:

QBs > Every Other Position
    indeed - you are correct

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

So the question is, what would it take for me to be comfortable moving out of the top 8, essentially out of the range of the "blue chip" players unless one was to fall for some reason. But for arguments sake, you'd have to assume they're gone because you wouldn't know before the trade.

8-11 range would have to be multiple future first round picks plus a 2nd and 3rd this year. Too steep? That's fine, I just wouldn't make the trade. The Rams need blue chip players at this point.

Now, to move from 2 to 4? Heck, if the only offer on the table were a 4th/5th and another late pick I'd take it. There's not a lot of spread in talent there, and Snead just might get lucky on the extra late pick ala Stacy. But unless someone wants to literally trade the farm for the pick, I wouldn't move out of the top 8.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

I would not move further than 8th.

If it's for Clowney, it will be Atlanta, their trade partner last year.

To get that pick for just the trade chart value would require That sixth pick, plus 1000 points.

The Falcons fifth overall choice in round two is worth 530.

I think Snead will take the #2 PLUS picks in 2015, to again have him in great shape early.

A second in 2015 is valued at the value of the LAST pick in that round, which in rd 2 is 270 points.

Now you are 200 points short, which is just a bit less than the Falcon's third this year. The 2015 #3 is worth just 116.

So unless a bunch of fourth rounders get in there, it would seem that the Falcons 2015 31 pick has to be in play to do this deal. If they want Clowney, t hey will pay t hat.

The last pick in rd 1 2015 is worth 590 points, making the second this year and the first in 2013 worth 1120, so the Rams would have t o add a 2015 #3 to even that out.

It's hard to see the Rams accepting anything that doesn't include that 2015 #1

I don't see them discounting the #2 spot that much, as there should be more than one suitor.

There is always a chance of players being included, but the Rams lack the cap to take on a big salary guy like, say Roddy White.

Maybe the Rams include Kendricks, who would fill the TE need in ATL, and keep that #3.

It's gonna work out good for the Rams, I can pretty much guarantee that. Snead knows what he is doing, like the deal down and still get Ogletree, like the deal, up for Stacy. Like the deal to move down and still get Brockers.

The Falcons puled a similar deal to get Julio Jones, though the move up was way longer, and why would they not for Clowney, clearly a better prospect at the same point in his career.

it's not about how far the move for a team, it's about WHO they get.
    Barry Waller

turbofargo is offline Registered User

With everyone saying how deep this draft is, I would do the Browns switch for their 2nd this year and 3rd next. Basically moving down two spots and Unless someone throws a curve should have all 3 top players that seem the most coveted. Watkins(my pick), Robinson, and Matthews. Give the rams some leverage if their is a player they want dropping down the first but don't think they could make it to the 2nd can package those 2 2nd rounders and nab him(albeit that takes away the deep draft aspect so this would be plan b).

If its the Falcons, nothing less then a 1st next yr. Like the idea of sending Kendricks for maybe their 2nd too that would sweeten the deal for both sides.

Unspoken is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    With everyone saying how deep this draft is, I would do the Browns switch for their 2nd this year and 3rd next. Basically moving down two spots and Unless someone throws a curve should have all 3 top players that seem the most coveted. Watkins(my pick), Robinson, and Matthews. Give the rams some leverage if their is a player they want dropping down the first but don't think they could make it to the 2nd can package those 2 2nd rounders and nab him(albeit that takes away the deep draft aspect so this would be plan b).

If its the Falcons, nothing less then a 1st next yr. Like the idea of sending Kendricks for maybe their 2nd too that would sweeten the deal for both sides.
    Reports are Raiders are in love with Johnny Football. The Raiders would be a awesome trade partner. Cleveland would be great as well. I really don't want to move any further down then the Raiders.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

One simple reason I'd trade with Cleveland = trade bait.
    With the #4 pick the Rams would have Clowney, Robinson or the #3 QB to trade. Quality trade bait.

If that happens, trading to #7 with Tampa or #8 Vikings.
    At #7, Watkins or Matthews would be available.

That assumes the top 6 goes:
    3 QBs, Clowney, Robinson and either Matthews or Watkins. If one of the QBs falls, Lewan is still available.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I've laid out my plan if we trade down to 8 with Minnesota, which is as far as I'd like to go unless someone later knocks my socks off.

For that trade down I'd take no less than Harrison Smith and a 2nd rounder this year, and a 3rd rounder next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast