• DT: Nix, Hageman

2 4.65%
  • LB: Mosley, Shazier

1 2.33%
  • Someone else: who?

3 6.98%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What's your first choice for pick No. 13?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

What's your first choice for pick No. 13?

Let's have some fun with this one...

Assume that the following players who might be on some fans' radars will be gone: Jake Matthews (to the Rams), Taylor Lewan, Sammy Watkins, Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Barr (and all the top QBs).

What are you hoping for with pick No. 13?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-30-2013 at 06:36 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's your first choice for pick No. 13?

I'd go Evans, then CB.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

I have to go with a guard ( or center if there's one worth the pick). All the defenses in this division are tough up front. We need to plow the road.

RosieJones is offline Registered User

If we ended up with Matthews and Yankey/Richardson in round one I might cry tears of joy.

RosieJones is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I have to go with a guard ( or center if there's one worth the pick). All the defenses in this division are tough up front. We need to plow the road.
    C Bryan Stork out of FSU would be nice to see on the board in round 3-4

I'm hoping there's still a top flight CB there in round 2.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Voted Mike Evans, an almost 'must' selection at #13!

However, in light of the possibility that Evans is gone by #13, then my immediate choice is Safety...

Ed Reynolds, Stanford: Reynolds (6-2, 206) also has great range and tackles well. He came a yard short of setting the NCAA single-season record for interception return yards last season, when he made a team-high six interceptions. He's very intelligent. He has a great football IQ, and outstanding bloodlines -- his father played for the Patriots and Giants.
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-30-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Ram

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I hate to be vague, but I'd be very content with the best WR/DB on the board, whomever that ends up being.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think I'd go with either Darqueze Dennard or Mike Evans.
    bruce4life likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

Mike Evans or Clinton-Dix

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Someone please sell me on Mike Evans? I have only watched a couple of Texas A&M games ( LSUand Missouri). Evans did not play that well in those games.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Someone please sell me on Mike Evans? I have only watched a couple of Texas A&M games ( LSUand Missouri). Evans did not play that well in those games.
    No way will I sell you on Mike Evans. Ever year these early rankings are so wrong.

Brandon Coleman or Allen Robinson will be the better Round 1 pick

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    The Auburn and Alabama games might help.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce4life View Post
    Someone please sell me on Mike Evans? I have only watched a couple of Texas A&M games (LSUand Missouri). Evans did not play that well in those games.
    You may have already read these but in case you haven't... [ So far, I'm biased on M.E. ]

Draft insider Tony Pauline ranks Texas A&M redshirt sophomore Mike Evans as his top draft-eligible WR.

"Large, game impacting receiver that physically beats defenders in the middle of the field or outraces opponents down the flanks," Pauline writes. "Has all the necessary talents to be a big time number one wide out in the NFL." We worry Evans might be unfairly dropped during the process because of a potentially slower forty time, but his savvy tendency to work back towards the quarterback, win at the catch point, and pick up yards after the catch is excellent.

Source: Rotoworld
    Nov 14 - 2:43 PM
    - -

Following is a report on the Alabama game that HUbison recommends to consider. Granted that even in this Texas A&M highlight video one can easily see that the youngster (sophomore) is wet behind the ears and needs coaching as expected...

Breaking Down 2014 NFL Draft
    Prospect Mike Evans After Monster Game vs. Alabama

By Dan Hope (featured columnist) on Sept. 20, 2013

Few college football games this season will have more NFL talent on the field than when Texas A&M played Alabama last Saturday. Even with many other potential first-round picks in the game, Texas A&M redshirt sophomore wide receiver Mike Evans stood out as the best player on the field.

While Texas A&M was unable to upset the defending national champion Crimson Tide for a second consecutive year, ultimately losing by a score of 49-42, Evans did all that could possibly be asked of him in his effort to help the team win. Evans had a field day against Alabama’s cornerbacks, catching seven passes for a whopping 279 yards, and was full of big plays that helped Texas A&M in the game.

In the above video, courtesy of Draft Breakdown, you can see all of Evans’ catches and big plays against the Crimson Tide. He took advantage of the cornerbacks, possibly the only position group on Alabama’s roster without a sure-fire NFL prospect.

While Evans will have a difficult time duplicating his performance—even though it came against arguably college football’s toughest defense—it is clear his game has taken a step forward from his redshirt freshman season. As a result, his stock as a potential early entrant for the 2014 NFL draft is soaring.

Evans flashed star potential as a redshirt freshman, catching 82 passes for 1,105 yards and five touchdowns, including no shortage of chain-moving and/or highlight-reel plays. He truly looked like a star Saturday, putting up the biggest game of his career to date in what will be one of the biggest showcase games of his college football career.

Evans leads the nation through three weeks with 518 receiving yards, but you can take his statistics out of the equation, just watch his film and still see a first-round draft prospect.

Texas A&M WR Mike Evans torches Auburn for monster game
    NFL.comNews
    By Chase Goodbread
    College Football 24/7 writer
    Published: Oct. 19, 2013 at 08:23 p.m.
    Updated: Oct. 19, 2013 at 08:42 p.m.

If you thought Mike Evans' seven catches for 279 yards against Alabama a month ago couldn't be topped, count yourself stunned.

The Texas A&M star sophomore wide receiver caught 11 passes for 287 yards against Auburn in a losing effort Saturday, with four touchdown receptions. Must be something about defenses from the state of Alabama that makes Evans impossible to cover, because the 6-foot-5, 225-pound giant bounded through the Auburn secondary with as much or more ease than he did against the Crimson Tide.

Yet, with a combined 18 catches for 566 yards over those two games, TAMU was 0-2 in those games, as a tattered Aggies defense surrendered a combined 94 points.

Evans went over the 1,000-yard mark for the season in the game, now leading the Southeastern Conference with 1,024 yards.

Johnny Manziel's heroics in return from injury not enough vs. Auburn

Although Evans still has at least another year to develop at the college level, it will be interesting to see how he is eventually used in the pro ranks. One NFL scout told College Football 24/7 earlier this season that Evans might be asked to add some weight and play a flex tight end position, where he could find it easier to get open against linebackers and safeties than NFL cornerbacks.

While Evans has good speed, he benefits greatly from Johnny Manziel's scrambling ability on extended plays, something he won't be able to take advantage of nearly as often in the NFL.
    Blue highlight mine
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-30-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Blue highlight

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I'd say WR or Safety. I like Mike Evans and I'd probably say him at 13 makes the most sense but I'm not completely sold on him; I know he's a tall, physical guy but being physical with college DB's is a whole different animal than being physical with the Sherman's and Peterson's of the NFL West. As far as Safety goes, the only one I've consistently seen go in the 1st round of mock drafts is Clinton-Dix and personally I think he's a tad bit overrated.

It really is WAY too early to be 'completely sold' on the majority of the 2014 draft prospects, for sure. Personally, however, I'm sort of building "faith" in WR Mike Evans.

Again, very difficult to say right now that Evans is Megatron II (he's just 20 years old BTW, quite green). But at #13, I'm hoping the Rams WR core would be set for a few years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast