View Poll Results: Who should the Rams call first when FA opens?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cortland Finnegan, CB (Titans)

5 10.00%
  • Vincent Jackson, WR (Chargers)

17 34.00%
  • Marques Colston, WR (Saints)

9 18.00%
  • Brandon Carr, CB (Chiefs)

0 0%
  • Carl Nicks, OG (Saints)

6 12.00%
  • Jason Jones, DT (Titans)

7 14.00%
  • Ben Grubbs, OG (Ravens)

2 4.00%
  • Stephen Tulloch, LB (Lions)

0 0%
  • Chris Myers, C, (Texans)

0 0%
  • Paul Soliai, DT (Dolphins)

2 4.00%
  • Carlos Rogers, CB (Niners)

0 0%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 4.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: When Free Agency Opens on Tuesday, the First Player the Rams Should Call Is...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: When Free Agency Opens on Tuesday, the First Player the Rams Should Call Is...

Id love for the Rams to go after Nicks or Jackson, but I don't see it. We don't have vast amounts of money. Jason Jones, Cortland Finnegan, Brodrick Bunkley, Ben Grubbs or Josh Morgan are more likely.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: When Free Agency Opens on Tuesday, the First Player the Rams Should Call Is...

Nicks is the one guy that jumped out for me. Lord knows we need a receiver, and probably a defensive back as well. There are a lot of good guys on this list, and most any of them would improve our team.

1) The pro for signing Nicks is: you know what you are getting, and really good O-linemen are not a dime a dozen.

2) The con is he will not come cheaply. I don't know how much cap room we have, but I doubt we are flush.

This begs the question (for me anyway): Do we have enough cap room to sign two high profile free agents - say Colston and Nicks? I wonder ..

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Nicks is the one guy that jumped out for me. Lord knows we need a receiver, and probably a defensive back as well. There are a lot of good guys on this list, and most any of them would improve our team.

1) The pro for signing Nicks is: you know what you are getting, and really good O-linemen are not a dime a dozen.

2) The con is he will not come cheaply. I don't know how much cap room we have, but I doubt we are flush.

This begs the question (for me anyway): Do we have enough cap room to sign two high profile free agents - say Colston and Nicks? I wonder ..
    No. We only have around 10 million. Colston will be in the 7 mill range with Nicks right around there too. Not to mention the other 20 spots we have to fill.

punahou is offline Registered User

Let's not F*#k around =P

Carl Nicks-- let's go! Someone who has helped to protect Brees, helped Brees to break a 30 year record, and is a 500% upgrade to anything else we have to help both the running and passing games.

he is has age on his side. While I do like the prospect of one of the WRs out there-- there are clipping 30? and maybe only a coulpe of years left in them.

O-lineman, really good O-lineman have a tendency to play forever.
    Last edited by punahou; -03-12-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Rammed likes this.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    No. We only have around 10 million. Colston will be in the 7 mill range with Nicks right around there too. Not to mention the other 20 spots we have to fill.
    Well if that's the case, I hope we get at least one of them ..

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Well if that's the case, I hope we get at least one of them ..
    I hope so too. I'm not sure we will, but I hope we can create some more space!

THE DREAM TEAM

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

How about Steve Hutchinson? I know he's 34 years old but he should be cheaper than Nicks.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    That $10M figure means nothing. There are many ways the Rams can clear cap space if they want/need to do so.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I went with "other".
    I'd go ask the Steelers if they would trade Wallace for the 1st pick in the 2nd round.
    then if they aren't interested
    I'd talk to Pierre Garcon. IMO he's a 2nd level WR who has #1 skills and can stretch the defense.

With Garcon, you can get an Alshon Jeffery or Rueben Randle in the 2nd. With Salas and Amendola, the receiving corp is rebuilt. (I'm not giving up on Pettis and Kendricks. Guys need time to develop and comprehend the speed of the game)

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

We need to surround Sam with talent....... WR and OT are priority.

After that a good DT would be ideal.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    How about Steve Hutchinson? I know he's 34 years old but he should be cheaper than Nicks.
    Cheaper sure but how much left in the tank? To me he doesn't fit in the build around Sam plan. I hope we go after the 'younger' vets due to that.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Sadly, I think this is what was said about Jason Brown when the Rams picked him up. Not disagreeing with your take... just sprinkling in some doubt powder into your pitcher of "you know what you're getting" kool aid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12