Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,633
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Dude... what IS your point?

    You want people to acknowledge that it is within the realm of possibility that Tebow could one day improve his throwing mechanics, but you don't want the Rams to take Tebow... is that it?

    Why on Earth would that be a point worth making?

    Seriously... on behalf of ClanRam I'd like to thank you for wasting our time.


  2. #47
    01d 0rd3r's Avatar
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzee View Post

    I don't want him in the 2nd round. In fact I don't want him on this team in any round, because it doesn't make sense for the Rams.
    Then why make this a thread on a Rams boards pertaining to the draft when even you admit that you dont think we should take him? The Tebow arguments have been done to death on both sides. So why make a whole new thread when you yourself would not take him?

  3. #48
    Ramzee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Then why make this a thread on a Rams boards pertaining to the draft when even you admit that you dont think we should take him? The Tebow arguments have been done to death on both sides. So why make a whole new thread when you yourself would not take him?
    Because I didn't? Got me confused with someone else? Not only have I never made a Tebow thread in the history of all message boards but I haven't started one thread at this website in the whole week that I've been here. Not a one.

  4. #49
    Ramzee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Dude... what IS your point?

    You want people to acknowledge that it is within the realm of possibility that Tebow could one day improve his throwing mechanics, but you don't want the Rams to take Tebow... is that it?

    Why on Earth would that be a point worth making?

    Seriously... on behalf of ClanRam I'd like to thank you for wasting our time.
    I could go tit for tat with that too but I won't. I appreciate the warm thanks though, sincerely.

    I'm here to talk football. You bring up a point. I bring up a point. It's all in the spirit of discussion. If Tebow is not worth discussing, then why is he a topic on this message board? I mean it's not all about conformity is it? Like stepford wife syndrome. We're not all here on a message board of all places to agree on everything and all share a single hive mind mentality are we? If we're not here to discuss and debate topics, what are we here to do?

    Seriously though, it's not all that serious.

  5. #50
    npow81's Avatar
    npow81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    ................
    Last edited by npow81; -02-26-2010 at 03:47 AM.

  6. #51
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,595
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Second thread you've referred to me as Zach.
    And that is because you're particular.....um, "style".....is eerily similar to a young lad we had around here for some time named Zach. If you're not him, then you two were separated at birth.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #52
    clarasDK is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    39
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    What I do not get is why Tebow did not begin to work on his mechanics in high school or in College? I think a few month before the draft is a little late to get started on it. Or maybe he did but he just can play in another way?

    If we can get him with a 5th og 6th round then it's ok with me anything earlier is a total waste.

    Maybe we should draft Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr. As fare as I know he is also a great leader and a winner. And I guess if he starts working on his mechanics now he will be ready for the season start.....

  8. #53
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And that is because you're particular.....um, "style".....is eerily similar to a young lad we had around here for some time named Zach. If you're not him, then you two were separated at birth.
    Oh...is that the reason? I thought he was John Shaw.

  9. #54
    Ramzee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    5

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And that is because you're particular.....um, "style".....is eerily similar to a young lad we had around here for some time named Zach. If you're not him, then you two were separated at birth.
    I thought it was a mistake in the other thread the first time I saw it. No mistaking it after seeing it here and other threads now too. Especially your last post in the other one.

    Name calling seems to be a pretty bad precedent to be setting though imo. Especially from a moderator stand point. I can understand disagreeing with someone but you're taking disagreeing to a whole different level of childishness. It may not be as open and derogatory as some words but it's no less tasteless and bush league from where I'm sitting.

    Attacking the poster instead of the post is what happens though when you run out of reasonable and sound arguments. Especially if you can't base them in facts.

    I'm not above giving what I get though Bernie.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam
    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    And that is because you're particular.....um, "style".....is eerily similar to a young lad we had around here for some time named Zach. If you're not him, then you two were separated at birth.
    Oh...is that the reason? I thought he was John Shaw.
    Name calling ok in your book? Especially when it's moderators doing it? Probably wouldn't like it too much if it were you.

  10. #55
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    So you're not John Shaw? And isn't being mistaken for a Rams front office type a good thing?

  11. #56
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,595
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzee
    Name calling seems to be a pretty bad precedent to be setting though imo. Especially from a moderator stand point. I can understand disagreeing with someone but you're taking disagreeing to a whole different level of childishness. It may not be as open and derogatory as some words but it's no less tasteless and bush league from where I'm sitting.
    I call you Zach, because I thought you were Zach. Yes, how very "childish" of me to call someone by their name.

    Actually, after this little exhibition of yours, I am more convinced than before that you are Zach.

    z.nrd, hornit, ramzee......whichever one you like is fine, but let's do stick with one this time. Thanks so much.



    My goodness. "Zach" is now a derogatory term? What has this world come to?
    OK, time to get back to Tim Tebow. Any thoughts on Tim Tebow?
    Last edited by HUbison; -02-27-2010 at 02:55 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  12. #57
    npow81's Avatar
    npow81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzee View Post
    I thought it was a mistake in the other thread the first time I saw it. No mistaking it after seeing it here and other threads now too. Especially your last post in the other one.

    Name calling seems to be a pretty bad precedent to be setting though imo. Especially from a moderator stand point. I can understand disagreeing with someone but you're taking disagreeing to a whole different level of childishness. It may not be as open and derogatory as some words but it's no less tasteless and bush league from where I'm sitting.

    Attacking the poster instead of the post is what happens though when you run out of reasonable and sound arguments. Especially if you can't base them in facts.

    I'm not above giving what I get though Bernie.


    Name calling ok in your book? Especially when it's moderators doing it? Probably wouldn't like it too much if it were you.

    So strange that my post was deleted by Av, a moderator, although i will say that the other moderators don't seem to conduct themselves the same way...anyway you never seem to amaze me Av (go ahead delete this one too). I hope you at least can look in the mirror and know what I say is true, even if you can't admit it publicly
    Last edited by npow81; -02-27-2010 at 08:47 PM.

  13. #58
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,633
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: Where there's a will...there's a....

    I think this thread has run its course.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •