Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,961
    Rep Power
    79

    Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Didn't Billy D. say we needed a big ole fat sloppy DT? Where is he -- we're running out of picks already .. I get it .. he must have been kidding .. Maybe we'll trade Alex B. for Terrence Cody ..


  2. #2
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Fred "Hello Kitty Bandaid to long term problem" Robbins says hello.

    I shudder to think about how bad our run-defense stats will be next year.

  3. #3
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,046
    Rep Power
    171

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Fred "Hello Kitty Bandaid to long term problem" Robbins says hello.

    I shudder to think about how bad our run-defense stats will be next year.
    Gee... and I thought that Robbins was a guy who played quite a bit for a Super Bowl winning team just a few years back.

    Dude, give it a a rest. You've become a parody of yourself at this point.

  4. #4
    SLSG Guest

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    we will pick up a vet after the cuts

  5. #5
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Gee... and I thought that Robbins was a guy who played quite a bit for a Super Bowl winning team just a few years back.

    Dude, give it a a rest. You've become a parody of yourself at this point.
    He's 33. He's decent rotation now, but not a full time solution to the position. When are we getting a long term solution to the tackle position?

  6. #6
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    He's 33. He's decent rotation now, but not a full time solution to the position. When are we getting a long term solution to the tackle position?
    When it starts becoming a need to the fact that we ignore another need to address it.

  7. #7
    The Optimistic Lamb Guest

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Relax the frick up people. There will never be a draft where we solve all our problems at once. DT is a need and I was expecting the Rams to claim one, but apparently the value was just never there in any round. So for the meantime, keep the ranting to a minimum. Spags knows what he's doing, especially when it comes to DL's.

  8. #8
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Yea short term answer indeed, but still has enough gas to contribute pretty well for we can wait for a DT next year.

  9. #9
    Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    I thought Clifton Ryan was pretty solid as a run stuffer as well...

    Not sure Peoria understands just how big an addition Robbins was to the defensive tackle rotation here.

    You don't draft fat guys if the value isn't there. My dad's a fat guy but that doesn't mean he can't get knocked on his fat a**.

    Fat does not=good in run support...

  10. #10
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Where is the big fat sloppy guy? Well I was setting behind my computer and watched the draft at the same time.

  11. #11
    Nick_Weasel's Avatar
    Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Maybe now that the Raiders have Campbell we'll trade for JaMarcus Russell and plug him in at defensive tackle.

  12. #12
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    I thought Clifton Ryan was pretty solid as a run stuffer as well...

    Not sure Peoria understands just how big an addition Robbins was to the defensive tackle rotation here.

    You don't draft fat guys if the value isn't there. My dad's a fat guy but that doesn't mean he can't get knocked on his fat a**.

    Fat does not=good in run support...
    I understand that he's a year or two from retirement and that next year's draft isn't as loaded on the defensive side of the....you know what, you and Avenger can just wave your little "Rah Rah" pom poms and assume that everything's ok because the Management team isn't Shawmunt, which is honestly everyone's justification to blindly support them.

  13. #13
    Shan the Ram Man's Avatar
    Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    I agree with most Ram fans the run defence won't be that bad.

    1 Clfton Ryan has improved every year and is a standout player
    2 Fred Robbins(Free agent pick up from Giants)
    3 Dorrel Scott came on at the end of the season hopefully will improve like Ryan every year. Take over for Fred Robbins in a year or two.
    Rounding up the rest of the DTs on roster
    Gary Gibson
    Leger Douzable
    Chris Bradwell
    On running downs , a rotation of Ryan, Robbins & Scott will be better this year.

    I think the pass rush will be worse than last year. Long will have a better season. I just don't see any pass rush up the middle with Ryan, Scott & Robbins.
    If the ofence can stay out on the field longer than 3 and out the Defence will improve.
    Most teams scored alot of the points in the second half of most games.

    I done with my rant! Go Rams

  14. #14
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,050
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I understand that he's a year or two from retirement and that next year's draft isn't as loaded on the defensive side of the....you know what, you and Avenger can just wave your little "Rah Rah" pom poms and assume that everything's ok because the Management team isn't Shawmunt, which is honestly everyone's justification to blindly support them.

    or they can trust that the front office knows what they're doing better than we do, rather than blindly criticizing EVERY SINGLE MOVE THEY MAKE. It goes both ways you know.

  15. #15
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,952
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Where's our big fat sloppy guy??

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    When are we getting a long term solution to the tackle position?
    Next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sloppy days are here again!
    By dgr828 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-29-2008, 10:00 AM
  2. Jackson cites sloppy field as cause of injury
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
  3. Cowboys inept in 'sloppy' opener
    By Nick in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -08-14-2005, 09:56 PM
  4. Sloppy play drops sharply
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-05-2004, 08:38 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-17-2004, 01:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •