View Poll Results: Who is the 3rd best QB in the draft?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colt McCoy, Texas

16 31.37%
  • Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan

24 47.06%
  • Tony Pike, Cincinnati

3 5.88%
  • Tim Tebow, Florida

6 11.76%
  • Someone else (who?)

2 3.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who is the 3rd Best (or... the best Day 2) QB in the Draft?

If this question were asked a couple of months ago, I think Colt McCoy would have won hands down. Now... not so sure.

Let's see how this turns out...

Springfield Rams is offline Registered User

Re: Who is the 3rd Best (or... the best Day 2) QB in the Draft?

McCoy is a nice QB but he has no upside, LeFevour is the 3rd best QB in the 2010 draft class.

richtree is offline Registered User

LeFevour is the biggest dissappointment and will slip and I don't think he will ever start a game in the NFL.

Pike is big, tall, accurate, smart and has great pocket pressance.

Big guys like this seem to succeed if they are accurate passers which I think Pike definately is.

Pike will need a year but has huge upside. I think he won't do anything great in year 1, and start slow in year 2 but his career will take off and he will be the best talent of all the QB's.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    LeFevour is the biggest dissappointment and will slip and I don't think he will ever start a game in the NFL.
    How has Lefevour been a disappointment so far? I agree that Tony pike could be a good QB but I still think Lefevour is the 3rd best QB with Pike 4th.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Im also wondering why rich thinks Lefevour has been a disappointment? You havent seen him do anything besides run the 40, in which he ran a 4.66. If anything Pike has been the disappointment as he threw fairly poorly and hasn't added any weight to his questionable frame.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

yeah i thought Pike was rising but maybe LeFevour made a good decision not to throw at the combine as a poor showing is dropping Pike down

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I'm a big Pike fan, but I think when you consider that magical thing known as upside, Tebow will be the 3rd best QB. Don't know if I like him or not, but the fact that he is re-tooling his game for the NFL makes him a real wild card. If he can get a pro delivery figured out, who knows what could happen?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I think LeFevour grabs that title. I say we go Suh, (then whoever, preferably if Sean Weatherspoon drops down here, or if McCluster moves up, or even LeFevour here) then third either LeFevour or McCluster.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The interesting thing is that, when McCoy was considered the third best QB, many advocated taking him at #33. If LeFevour is, in fact, the best option outside of Bradford and Clausen, he might not last until the third round.

Anyone ready to make LeFevour the 33rd pick in the draft.

I'm not sure about that one yet.

Me neither. I also like Colt McCoy though. He is a winner, and thats exactly what we need here. He is also a good fit into the WCO, with good accuracy but not the greatest power.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I've still got Colt up there. I was a bit disappointed that he didn't throw at the Combine, but Tebow and LeFevour weren't even recovering from injuries and they didn't throw either. Otherwise, McCoy was a four year starter and only missed time due to injury in his final college game. He took over the starting job in Vince Young's shadow and rose to the occasion. He set a single season record for completion percentage and led his team in rushing the same year. A lot of times, guys set those records against lesser competition, which makes that much more of an accomplishment that he did it in the Big 12. He's not the athlete that Tebow is, nor the refined passer that Bradford is, but I like the combination of skills he possesses. If he shows a strong enough arm at his pro day, I'd still feel pretty good about taking him in round 2.

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Me neither. I also like Colt McCoy though. He is a winner, and thats exactly what we need here. He is also a good fit into the WCO, with good accuracy but not the greatest power.

Are we running the WCO because we WANT to run it, or because we don't have the personal to open up the offense.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Right now I give the slight edge to McCoy but hate to admit that Tebow closed the gap in my opinion.

I think Pike or Tebow can move in front of Colt depending on which one impresses the most during their pro day.

If Tebow does well during his work out and is willing to go off script I can actually see him as a realistic possibility if he makes it to 33.

I can also see Pike there if he shows he is serious by putting on a few pounds and throwing well.

I'm not sure how anyone can think LeFevour's stock increased. He ran a really good 40 but declined to throw. It seems like he had a chance to shine but elected to stay in the shadows. Doesn't give me a lot of confidence in him stepping on to the big stage.

That makes no sense. How are we all of a sudden in love with LeFevour. The combine isn't the only day those QB's are throwing. Its not like we have never seen LeFevour throwing or in a real game situation. You can watch game film and if your not convinced, then you can say " the combine is his last and only chance". Although you did not technically say that.

Scouts don't only study off of your combine results, but also anywhere they seen you hold a football.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Here's what frustrates me...

McCoy is physically 100% but decided not to throw at the combine. What was supposed to be a two-week injury has now taken over a month to heal, apparently is healed, but he's sitting out.

LeFevour is fine physically and has momentum from the Senior Bowl, but is holding off on throwing to receivers until his pro day. He probably had the most to gain by coming out and throwing when so many others weren't, but he took a pass.

This presented Pike with a great opportunity to come out and wow people as the best passer, but the reviews I've read were not great. Quoting Scout's Adam Caplan, "Scout.com talked to several personnel evaluators during and after the workout who said Pike lost some draft value because of his disappointing workout."

So my question to the second tier of quarterbacks after Bradford and Clausen is this: WHO WANTS IT? Somebody show me something! Heck, my boy Jarrett Brown might be having the best Senior Bowl and Combine of all of the guys participating. Maybe he wants it the most?

I don't know, but I'm starting to wonder if this year's QB class is going to come off the board in a similar manner to the 2008 class - one guy goes high in the first (Bradford), one guy goes in the middle of the first (Clausen), and the next guy doesn't come off the board until the late second (???).
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast