throwback week

licketyblue Guest

Question Who is the best quarterback prospect, for 2010?

I don't believe there is a quarterback in the 2010 draft that can out perform our No. 1 or No. 2 quarterbacks, and maybe our No. 3.
    Have any ideas who could come to the Rams, start & perform at a topnotch level??

STLRams2009 Guest

Re: Who is the best quarterback prospect, for 2010?

Hi everybody!

This is my first post hopefully of many! NIce to meet everyone.

Anyway, personally I don't think there are any free agent to be qbs worth turning the keys over to. The top free agent qbs look to be Orton (26) who very well may resign with the Broncos, Campbell (27) who is not a legitimate long term option, and other very mediocre to under average options such as Kellen Clemens, Charlie Batch, Tarvaris Jackson, and David Carr.

If the Rams are indeed set on replacing the QB position next year, I think it really has to be in the draft. I like Jake Locker from Washington. I saw Locker play against Notre Dame earlier this year and he was tremendous. He made plays by himself when there were no other plays to be made and if he could be put under Bulger for at least the beginning of 2010 (preferrably the whole season), he could learn the system and be ready to go to work for 2011 and start the franchise in an upward swing.

There is of course Jimmy Clausen from ND, Sam Bradford from OK, Tim Tebow from FLA, and Colt McCoy from TEX. Clausen and Locker are both Juniors, however, but Clausen looks like he'll be headin for the draft if Weis is fired. There has been talk that Locker will stay at Washington for his senior year however since this was his first year under Steve Sarkisians system. However, Locker is quickly topping many of the expert's QB boards and if he is looking to be one of the top 2 or 3 QBs taken, he will probably go to the draft so he doesn't have a Sam Bradford issue (Sam should be making Matt Stafford's money in DET but it looks like he will be a mid-first round pick now because of his reoccuring shoulder injury).

Anyway, there is my personal QB rant! GO RAMS!

thermobee is offline Registered User

McCoy and Locker for me.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by licketyblue View Post
    I don't believe there is a quarterback in the 2010 draft that can out perform our No. 1 or No. 2 quarterbacks, and maybe our No. 3.
    Have any ideas who could come to the Rams, start & perform at a topnotch level??
    ya maybe they wont be able to outperform Bulger initiallly, but in the long term we need a guy who will lead this team and do better than Bulger. The point is finding a franchise QB and we dont have one yet.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

The Rams have got to go after McCoy or Tebow. To not go after a franchise QB and keep running Bulger out there is madness. Bulger just does not have what it takes. And to think we could have had Warner all these years after letting him go and turning the reins over to Bulger. Biggest mistake in franchise history. I have never understood that, and have never liked Bulger. Warner has outperformed Bulger in every aspect of the game.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    The Rams have got to go after McCoy or Tebow. To not go after a franchise QB and keep running Bulger out there is madness. Bulger just does not have what it takes. And to think we could have had Warner all these years after letting him go and turning the reins over to Bulger. Biggest mistake in franchise history. I have never understood that, and have never liked Bulger. Warner has outperformed Bulger in every aspect of the game.
    The problem was that Warner wasn't outperforming Bulger while they were both in STL and it wasn't even close towards the end. It took Warner time to regroup after the STL experience before he regained his form in Arizona eventually. Throw in Brendagate and concerns about all the fumbles and it wasn't a bad decision at the time.

Warner couldn't win the job over a green Eli Manning in NY and had to watch Leinart for a while in Arizona. It's not like he left STL and was in Pro Bowl form. He sucked for a few years first iand was a turnover machine.

If the Rams draft Tim Tebow, they'll still be nowhere close to having a franchise QB. Danny Wuerffll Part 2? No thanks.

I really like Warner and glad he's doing well again, but I don't imagine he'd still be playing in the NFL if he had stayed with STL and had to play behind some of the OL's the Rams put on the field in recent years.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

While in hindsight it may seem a mistake to let Warner go I don't believe he would still be in football had we kept him. I also am a huge Warner fan but I don't think he could have survived the hits that Marc has taken since Kurts departure. As far as McCoy or Tebow go I just don't know about either of them, Tebow doesn't have the best mechanics but I think he has good leadership skills and I like his character, I also think you could find the same qualities in a qb with better NFL qb skills. I haven't watched enough of McCoy to give an intelligent evaluation on him. Personally I think the Rams do need to look for their future qb in the draft but no one really jumps out and says "hey I'm worthy of a top 3 pick".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Biggest mistake in franchise history. I have never understood that, and have never liked Bulger. Warner has outperformed Bulger in every aspect of the game.
    Even when Bulger was having two probowl years and warner was sitting on the bench in NY? Warner had a revival we have to deal with that, no one could have guessed he would resurface as an elite qb. The FO made the right decision at the time.

Any way as long as we dont take Tim Tebow in the draft i would take any other qb. Tony Pike and Sam Bradford are looking like the top prospects for me. Pike just threw for 400 yards and 6 td's which was a school record for cinnici. Sam Bradford obviously had that 50 td and 8 int year. However if McCoy is availible in the second and we take someone like Suh in the first we cant pass him up.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Even when Bulger was having two probowl years and warner was sitting on the bench in NY? Warner had a revival we have to deal with that, no one could have guessed he would resurface as an elite qb. The FO made the right decision at the time.

Any way as long as we dont take Tim Tebow in the draft i would take any other qb. Tony Pike and Sam Bradford are looking like the top prospects for me. Pike just threw for 400 yards and 6 td's which was a school record for cinnici. Sam Bradford obviously had that 50 td and 8 int year. However if McCoy is availible in the second and we take someone like Suh in the first we cant pass him up.

As of right now,

In the first round, I would go with Clausen or Locker.

Second round, I would go with Pike, Bradford, McCoy, Mallet and possibly (Dan) LeFevour.

Third round, Jevan Snead and Dan LeFevour.

Fourth round, Daryll Clark, Pat Devlin, Zac Robinson, and Sean Canfield.

STLRams2009 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    As of right now,

In the first round, I would go with Clausen or Locker.

Second round, I would go with Pike, Bradford, McCoy, Mallet and possibly (Dan) LeFevour.

Third round, Jevan Snead and Dan LeFevour.

Fourth round, Daryll Clark, Pat Devlin, Zac Robinson, and Sean Canfield.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This draft is deep in quarterbacks as RockinRam has shown here. This team has holes and as deep as this draft is in quarterbacks, none of them are really worth a top 3 pick i don't think unless Locker decides to join the draft.

I say select an offensive lineman first, then take a Pike or McCoy, or if Brandon LaFell (WR) has dropped to the second round, take him and wait on LeFevour or trade up and get one of the other QBs. There aren't TOO many teams involved in the QB races outside of the Rams, Jags, Seahawks (who could actually wait until later also), Skins, and maybe the Raiders and 9ers if they are giving up on their young guys.

Grab McCoy or Lefevour after the first round, put them under Bulger so he can teach them the system and let them take over in 2011.

Who knows, maybe if we get another lineman to protect Marc and grab a weapon or 2 for him he could even turn into a decent starter for a couple years so the youngster can come in completely prepared to take over.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Tebow would be a joke in the NFL. I say Locker.