Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RamSoup
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater

Thread: Who could be after RG3?

  1. #1
    Bing69's Avatar
    Bing69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    775
    Rep Power
    10

    Who could be after RG3?

    Ive had a quick look at all other 31 teams in the nfl, and decided that at least 8 teams might want RG3.

    Dolphins - they obviously need a franchise QB.
    Jets - i can see them losing faith in the Sanchise and wanting to move in another direction.
    Browns - im not sure they're ready to move away from McCoy, but i can understand why they would
    Broncos - is anyone really sold on Tebow? I think they give him another shot, but they did do homework on RG3
    Chiefs - not sold on Cassell, they have a good young team, RG3 could add some spark
    Cowboys - if i had Romo as my qb i would think about upgrading him
    Redskins - need a franchise QB, something Grossman and Beck are definately not
    Seahawks - cant see this one happening though

    Anyone have their own thoughts on which 'surprise' teams might be talking about trading up?


  2. #2
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,999
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    Cards could be a team that could sneak into the bidding.

  3. #3
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    I heard the Bills being mentioned. RG3 can sit and learn behind Fitz at first.??

  4. #4
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,075
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    I heard the Bills being mentioned. RG3 can sit and learn behind Fitz at first.??
    More like Fitz can sit and learn behind RG3.

  5. #5
    xkidflowx's Avatar
    xkidflowx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    doubt it.. fitz signed that big contract extension 4 games in!

  6. #6
    RamSoup is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colfax,CA
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    I'm thinkn the Chiefs are the sleeper, Matt Cassel isn't the answer in KC and I think theyre startn to realize that..
    ZiaRam likes this.

  7. #7
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Cards could be a team that could sneak into the bidding.
    NFC West teams, need not apply.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

  8. #8
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,878
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    NFC West teams, need not apply.
    That would be nice, but I do believe that I've seen a quote from Snead that he would not be against sending the pick to a division rival, so long as they put up the best price(including a premium for being in the division). I've said it before, if we take Seattle's top 3 draft picks for the next 2 years and their first in 2014, what kind of team will they be able to put around RG3?

    Back to the OP, here's my take:
    Dolphins - they obviously need a franchise QB. Yes indeed, though could be going after Manning or Flynn. I think that they'll get one of them.
    Jets - i can see them losing faith in the Sanchise and wanting to move in another direction. I don't... they'll look at an upgrade to Manning, but won't trade up to the top 5 so soon after doing it for Sanchez.
    Browns - im not sure they're ready to move away from McCoy, but i can understand why they would What we're all assuming and it would buy the staff at least three years in my mind. What happens if they won't budge on #22? Are we really to the point where we need it this year?
    Broncos - is anyone really sold on Tebow? I think they give him another shot, but they did do homework on RG3 I think that RG3 actually makes a good deal of sense for them as a backup plan, but they traded up to Tebow and he rules the public there. They'll bring in a vet instead.
    Chiefs - not sold on Cassell, they have a good young team, RG3 could add some spark This is a very possible move as they are just outside the top 10 and yes, are not sold on Cassell.
    Cowboys - if i had Romo as my qb i would think about upgrading him I think Jerry's considering it, but to make this trade, he'd give up a lot of pieces that he needs to improve the defense. Possible, but unlikely.
    Redskins - need a franchise QB, something Grossman and Beck are definately not. Beck and Grossman are also free agents. Unless they land Manning or Flynn, they'll be my predicted partner.
    Seahawks - cant see this one happening though Absolutely considering it, but will they pay the price? They could see RG3 as the playmaker who can put the offense together and that we'll probably bust on our picks, so it's really not as bad of a deal at all for them. They need to blow us away.

    My additions:
    Cardinals - not that far out of the top 10, and obviously not sold on Kolb. I don't think that they'd make a trade for another QB one year after getting Kolb, but you never know. Unlikely.
    Eagles - Vick can be cut after next season, and RG3 could make Andy think of the second coming of McNabb. This is surprisingly possible.
    Whiners - came very close to getting to the Super Bowl. With a strong defense to lean on, they could deal with rookie bumps and bank of him putting up some big plays to get them a championship. Smith is a FA after all. Doubt it, but possible.
    Ravens - Flacco's on the last year of his deal and is wanting a top 5 contract. No way he gets that, but they could trade Flaccoto replace their picks after securing RG3. Again, possible, but very unlikely.
    I believe!

  9. #9
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    That would be nice, but I do believe that I've seen a quote from Snead that he would not be against sending the pick to a division rival, so long as they put up the best price(including a premium for being in the division). I've said it before, if we take Seattle's top 3 draft picks for the next 2 years and their first in 2014, what kind of team will they be able to put around RG3?
    Precisely why they, the Cardinals, nor the Fortuniners will be a player in the RG3 sweepstakes.

  10. #10
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,878
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    If they want him badly enough, then they will be. I just don't know how willing that they'd be to spend that kind of draft currency.
    I believe!

  11. #11
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,999
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    NFC West teams, need not apply.
    I want them to bid, but I did not say they can win .. they all can dream.

  12. #12
    Shan the Ram Man's Avatar
    Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Age
    46
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Who could be after RG3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bing69 View Post
    Ive had a quick look at all other 31 teams in the nfl, and decided that at least 8 teams might want RG3.

    Dolphins - they obviously need a franchise QB.
    Jets - i can see them losing faith in the Sanchise and wanting to move in another direction.
    Browns - im not sure they're ready to move away from McCoy, but i can understand why they would
    Broncos - is anyone really sold on Tebow? I think they give him another shot, but they did do homework on RG3
    Chiefs - not sold on Cassell, they have a good young team, RG3 could add some spark
    Cowboys - if i had Romo as my qb i would think about upgrading him
    Redskins - need a franchise QB, something Grossman and Beck are definately not
    Seahawks - cant see this one happening though

    Anyone have their own thoughts on which 'surprise' teams might be talking about trading up?
    I would add Jags, Cards and Eagles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    NFC West teams, need not apply.
    I would love to trade with Seattle and take 1,2,3 in 2012 and 1,2,3 in 2013.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •